Soccer / Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Mariners a Hit on the Central Coast

Post by Beaussie »

With no NRL team anymore, it looks like the people of the Central Coast have found a new team to get right behind. Must say I was surprised to see just how much the Gosford community is behind their local team. Shops all over the place decked out in the Mariners colours, posters etc. Could it be the case that the Central Coast is now soccer heartland? Check out how just much support the Mariners have built up in Gosford:

http://www.marinators.net/index.php?opt ... 7&Itemid=5

An A-League success story without a doubt.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

Pity they lost to that team with that over-rated Dwight Yorke wanker that plays for them....what's the story with this boy?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I heard on Sports Tonight last night that Dwight is on $900,000 a season. Meanwhile Sydney FC has posted a $3 million loss. Hard to say he isn't worth the money though.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

That guy is an over-rated wnaker...All the Daily Telgraph reports is on his booze binges around Sydney and how he parties with the so-called A list parasties. If he is on this money then Sydney FC should be getting their monies worth. I see in today's Telegraph talk of getting rid of him....they should do it as he is a very boring idiot and get tired of his so called celebrity status in Sydney...shit I am more interested in reading about NRL in this situation than Kunta!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I imagine Sydney FC fans would disagree Grim. He played a major role in ensuring they were the A-League Champions. The club however seems keen to let him go by the sounds of things.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

What wrong with the Sydney FC fans getting some local talent and not some over-rated dimwit....He only came here because he is usless overseas...imagine Beckham coming here to play....I would support Sydney FC then....but he wont as the competition here is amatuer stuff.

It is a bit like those Afrian American basketballers that come here....they get big egos and people think they are awesome....but back home they are shit and can't even get a College game!

You know it makes sense...I'm Grim Reaper