NRL convert Israel Folau appears set to retire from Greater

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: NRL convert Israel Folau appears set to retire from Grea

Post by King-Eliagh »

Well I know him now but i didnt last week. You're way off the mark stewie. I do however know the names of most the swans. I'd prob be 1 of about 10k in a city of almost 5million who know more than 3 swannies player names. Cut it to 3 k if you want anyone who knows thre or more GWS players in this city. Yep, a looooooong way to go for the AFL in sydney.

And before you start some invalid rant, we all know the majority of the sydney crowds at the swannies are mainly chardonnay sippers there because they have nothing better to do.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club
Been liked: 0

Post by Stewie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Well I know him now but i didnt last week. You're way off the mark stewie. I do however know the names of most the swans. I'd prob be 1 of about 10k in a city of almost 5million who know more than 3 swannies player names. Cut it to 3 k if you want anyone who knows thre or more GWS players in this city. Yep, a looooooong way to go for the AFL in sydney.
Exactly, you know Tippett now but you didn't know him last week. Tippett will be mentioned as possibly being a big name recruit for GWS and all of a sudden he becomes enemy no.1 of nRL fans. You're well off the mark with the 10k figure, the Swans have over 30k members, often got 70k watching on Seven's secondary channel, had hundreds of thousands watch their finals in Sydney etc. Plenty of Sydney folk know and love the Swannies.
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Enemy? We dont even know anything about him. I think you miss the point stewie. The name Tippett is simply unknown around these parts. Why I could hit the streets of the city right now and I doubt 1 in the first 10,000 people I asked would have a clue either, such is the foreign nature of the game here. And thus why we respond with bemusement at your rattling off of names we never hear of.

And dont get me started about swannies members! I've seen those in the members section next to me taking photos of their father sleeping during crucial points of a game, I've heard countless calls from members yelling "comon ref" and illustrating complete ignorance to the rules and structure of the sport. Additionally thousands of these members arent even from sydney.

xman wrote:
Stewie
Coach
Coach

Post by Stewie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Enemy? We dont even know anything about him. I think you miss the point stewie. The name Tippett is simply unknown around these parts. Why I could hit the streets of the city right now and I doubt 1 in the first 10,000 people I asked would have a clue either, such is the foreign nature of the game here. And thus why we respond with bemusement at your rattling off of names we never hear of.

And dont get me started about swannies members! I've seen those in the members section next to me taking photos of their father sleeping during crucial points of a game, I've heard countless calls from members yelling "comon ref" and illustrating complete ignorance to the rules and structure of the sport. Additionally thousands of these members arent even from sydney.
No one had heard of Sheedy either until he moved to GWS. If Tippett does the same and the media start building it up as a huge recruit for the team, the hate for him by nRL fans will flow like it does for Sheedy.

Lol if your story about people taking photos of their fathers sleeping during the match is true (which it probably isn't), one can only imagine the amount of people sleeping at a dull game of nRL! i.e. the 2012 grand final.
Raiderdave wrote:

King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I only tell the truth on forums stewie. It may be a bitter pill to swallow but swallow it you must. I think sheedy's alright, he's getting on a bit and a bit ignorant to what actually is western sydney but he's alright.

xman wrote:
Stewie
Coach
Coach

Post by Stewie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
I only tell the truth on forums stewie. It may be a bitter pill to swallow but swallow it you must. I think sheedy's alright, he's getting on a bit and a bit ignorant to what actually is western sydney but he's alright.
Sheedy gets the nRL media riled up and talking about the GWS Giants, he's brilliant at that!
Raiderdave wrote:

piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

King-Eliagh wrote:

And before you start some invalid rant, we all know the majority of the sydney crowds at the swannies are mainly chardonnay sippers there because they have nothing better to do.
About 100K from Sydney would either go to the game or be watching the Swans on an electronic device of some sort ever week that they are playing. So lets increase your number from 1 in 10K to about 1 in 50 (at the very least it would be 1 in 100).
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

No, I dont agree pies. As I've said the majority of the swannies fans are bandwagoners who know very little about the game. Additionally those watching on tv are likely to be a bit like Xman. Read my signature.

It'd be a great experiment though wouldnt it. Walking round sydneys cbd asking random after random about the swannies

xman wrote:
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

King-Eliagh wrote:
No, I dont agree pies. As I've said the majority of the swannies fans are bandwagoners who know very little about the game. Additionally those watching on tv are likely to be a bit like Xman. Read my signature.

It'd be a great experiment though wouldnt it. Walking round sydneys cbd asking random after random about the swannies
1 in 10,000 means that there are only 500 people in Sydney who know the names of 4 or more Swans players. You would have to at least say looking back at that number it would have to at least be 10 times bigger then that (5,000 people). I personally think it would be statistically closer to 100,000 people but you know Sydney much better then me and if you say a majorly of the people watching on TV have little better to do then you would probabaly know more about that then me.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Stewie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Sheedy gets the nRL media riled up and talking about the GWS Giants, he's brilliant at that!
shonky is an escaped mental patient

the Sydney media do this every time he opens his mouth ......... 8-[ ............ :-k ................ :lol: :lol: :lol:

the general consensus in Sydney is the midgets are a bunch of ********* , coached by a lunatic
just what the VFL wanted for their new team in our nations largest city .. eh spewie :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Drac
Coach
Coach
Team: Adelaide Crows

Post by Drac »

Raiderdave wrote:
Stewie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

the Sydney media do this every time he opens his mouth ......... 8-[ ............ :-k ................ :lol: :lol: :lol:

the general consensus in Sydney is the midgets are a bunch of ********* , coached by a lunatic
just what the VFL wanted for their new team in our nations largest city .. eh spewie :wink:
It must kill you that the bottom-placed Giants had bigger crowds and more exposure on FTA than the finals-appearing Raiders.

Raiders < '********* coached by a lunatic' =D>
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Raiderdave wrote:
Stewie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

And the 'face of their team' say's "im outta here and going to play RL for less money" after one season :lol:

oh dear. :lol:

xman wrote:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Stewie wrote:

It must kill you that the bottom-placed Giants had bigger crowds and more exposure on FTA than the finals-appearing Raiders.

Raiders < '********* coached by a lunatic' =D>
bigger crowds ?..... since when as 5K been bigger then 10K .... the fudgey wudgey midgets can hide behind inflated crowd figures all they want
we all know the truth :wink:

& what did extra TV exposure get them ?
more people & bussiness seeing how sh.it they are ................ :-k
here people ... heres your VFL side .......... 8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Drac
Coach
Coach

Post by Drac »

Raiderdave wrote:
bigger crowds ?..... since when as 5K been bigger then 10K .... the fudgey wudgey midgets can hide behind inflated crowd figures all they want

2012 average H&A attendance
GWS: 10,825
Raiders: 10,190

But the official figures don't matter apparently when you can just substitute them for arbitrary numbers that you like more :lol: :lol:
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
Drac
Coach
Coach

Post by Drac »

Raiderdave wrote:

Oh, and that extra TV exposure got them more $$ from jumper sponsors than the Raiders, who only appeared on FTA TWICE ( :lol: ) in 2012.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/p ... 6209574532
new AFL franchise the GWS Giants have jumper sponsorships worth a whopping $3 million
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... 23xfo.html
the Raiders will run out in 2013 in a strip bedazzled with an extraordinary $1.7 million in sponsorship branding - the most the club has ever received for uniform sponsorship
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality