Re: 2017 - AFL / AFLW - Australian Football TV Ratings

AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by AFLcrap1 »

What's so hard to understand
More people in Aust watch RL than AFL on TVs .
Try to twist it anyway you want...it doesn't change
RL is the most popular sport on TV
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:45 am
Didnt the AFL have the highest rating game of the year, the highest rating final of the year, the highest rating home and away game of the year, the highest rating FTA game of the year & the highest rating foxtel game of the year? If the NRL was the most popular sport on TV this would be the case
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

yes, last year. But it was the highest ratings for an AFL match in 16 years. The NRL had the highest rating matches in the years and regularly have 4 of the top 5.

And I belief there are 18 teams in AF not just half a dozen.

Did you know our ratings were up 14% last year! :cheers: AFL? Down Down Down :rock:

And why is it that the AFL tv scheduling is only done for the first 11 Rds? It sounds like somebody has rating problem :rofl:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:20 am
yes, last year. But it was the highest ratings for an AFL match in 16 years. The NRL had the highest rating matches in the years and regularly have 4 of the top 5.

Did you know our ratings were up 14% last year! :cheers: AFL? Down Down Down :rock:

And why is it that the AFL tv scheduling is only done for the first 11 Rds? It sounds like somebody has rating problem :rofl:
So you concede we owned you on every measure except the cumulative tally. Thankyou :)))

If you had half a brain you'd realise the tally therefore doesnt reflect popularity at all. It reflects a longer season with more isolated games on TV
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:27 am

So you concede we owned you on every measure except the cumulative tally. Thankyou :)))

If you had half a brain you'd realise the tally therefore doesnt reflect popularity at all. It reflects a longer season with more isolated games on TV

Yes, yes, yes. Praise the Lord I've seen the light!!!!! You are soooooooo right!!!! Less means more. Up means down. Win means lose!!! Can you please do my tax for me? I want you to turn a deficit into a surplus........you're just the man for the job!!!!! Genius!!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

No, and I've already told you why. When matches go head to head the extra hour gives the AFL an advantage. Giving people like yourself a false impression actually thinking AFL rates. :(/ :(/ :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:45 am

I think "more people" may also be a misnomer as it could a lot of the same people watching... for both codes. Again averages is the best measure

How do these figures compare when broken down? When it compares home and away v home and away for instance or sayf finals v finals? Obviously we can not compare soo or the women's matches etc as only in one code but on what can be compared how does that look? Anyone know?
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

First rule of fumble club when getting beaten in a debate
DONT COUNT SOO RATINGS .
Lol
It's part of our season .

Lol so predictable
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:18 pm

No, and I've already told you why. When matches go head to head the extra hour gives the AFL an advantage. Giving people like yourself a false impression actually thinking AFL rates. :(/ :(/ :(/
and I've already told you the AFL finishes later and the NRL is advantaged by a shorter average of 2 hours. If you seriously think the AFL gets a bigger advantage from the small proportion of NRL fans who then switch over to AFL, youre kiding yourself. That would have to be the most desperate excuse of all time. :rofl:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Fri TV #AFL #AFLDogsSwans 864k, Metro Seven 496k (Mel 391k Ade 105k) 7mate 149k (Syd 41k Bri 30k Per 78k), Regional 219k (Vic 94k Tas 45k)

Fri TV #NRL Nine #NRLCowboysSouths *updated* 673, Metro 383k (Syd 177k Bri 181k) Regional 290k (Qld 134k NNSW 91k SNSW 58k)

So unless the NRL manage to get a fox audience of nearly 200k more the AFL have won this prime time contest easily

S0 that's 3 v 1 in the AFL's favour
Last edited by NlolRL on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Fri STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLDogsSwans 300k (Syd 55k Mel 118k)
Fri STV #NRL #FoxLeague #NRLCowboysSouths 223k (Syd 84k Bri 49k)

So totals were AFL: 1164k, NRL: 896k

Yep, 3 v 1
Last edited by NlolRL on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

I can't believe these fumblers are still arguing this point!!!! These people have problems!! I know the facts, I know what happened. I don't particularly care that the fumblers can't accept it. Please fumblers, for your own mental health, move on. There are more important things in life than the fact more people watch RL than fumbleball. Think of your family and friends and please let this go!!! Need help? Lifeline 131114.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:41 pm
I can't believe these fumblers are still arguing this point!!!! These people have problems!! I know the facts, I know what happened. I don't particularly care that the fumblers can't accept it. Please fumblers, for your own mental health, move on. There are more important things in life than the fact more people watch RL than fumbleball. Think of your family and friends and please let this go!!! Need help? Lifeline 131114.
3 v 1 prime time comparisons to the AFL so far this year. Are you arguing this point? :-k
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:44 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:41 pm
3 v 1 prime time comparisons to the AFL so far this year. Are you arguing this point? :-k
Yes I am. R2 Fri RL 1184 V R2 Fri FB 1164. RL 3 FB 1. Simple as that. 131114.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

You seriously wanting to compare a rl game that was played a month earlier and where no afl game was up against it to an afl game that had an nrl game up against it. Whatever floats your boat I guess but looks desperate.

I think I even watched a few of those games lol
Veni, vidi, vici