Wanderers >>>>> the Midgits

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels
Been liked: 0

Re: Wanderers >>>>> the Midgits

Post by eelofwest »

VickyKicky wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
VickyKicky wrote:
They did! only one of them just didn't have the passion :lol:
Yes Passion is very important in any sporting code. Are you saying passion is not important>? If so then the VFL is in more trouble then first thought.... :wink:
Not according to some of posters out here! in fact they also think you don't even need ability to play the game, you just need to be marketable :lol: and hey presto here's 1.5 million in your bank account and the crowds would flock in to see you play erm not very well really. Yet they claim this doesn't discredit their code...
Yes the AFL public in Melbourne sure are brain washed if they think Issy Falou experiment was a success... :lol:

Issy basically said i don't enjoy your game i am going back to the code were my heart lies, were there is more passion. Thanks for the 2million i am now set for life and can go and play the game i love RL..... =D>
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

VickyKicky wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
VickyKicky wrote:
They did! only one of them just didn't have the passion :lol:
Yes Passion is very important in any sporting code. Are you saying passion is not important>? If so then the VFL is in more trouble then first thought.... :wink:
Not according to some of posters out here! in fact they also think you don't even need ability to play the game, you just need to be marketable :lol: and hey presto here's 1.5 million in your bank account and the crowds would flock in to see you play erm not very well really. Yet they claim this doesn't discredit their code...
It's called marketing moron. :roll: he was 1 player in a list of 45
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

eelofwest wrote:
VickyKicky wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
Yes the AFL public in Melbourne sure are brain washed if they think Issy Falou experiment was a success... :lol:

Issy basically said i don't enjoy your game i am going back to the code were my heart lies, were there is more passion. Thanks for the 2million i am now set for life and can go and play the game i love RL..... =D>
Ahhh no. He never said that. He said he didn't have a passion for AFL which is hardly surprising given he sucked at it and clearly didnt have the endurance to play it properly.

He never said he didn't like it. He never said there is more passion in RL :roll:

FMD you're a liar... [-X
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Drac
Coach
Coach
Team: Adelaide Crows

Post by Drac »

eelofwest wrote:
Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
we're talking about why the 2 VFL expansion sides can't beat an egg you half wit
the excuse from the tight shorts brigade is .... they're new .. thats it... nothing to add !! 8-[
:lol: :lol:
my examples prove this is BS , & a load of VFL but but butting... I've provided lots of examples of competitive teams being strong from the get go if the recruiting is done right.
the VFL has Farked these 2 sides up badly

theres no certainty the thuns will see any success in their first 5 years .. only praying they will .. from delusional singlet wearing C heads like you
and Gold Coasters have already seen one of their other sides winning & winning well...

thats why the VFL had to have a winning side straight away like the NRL did ... instead they have a bumbling embarrasment
Gold Coast fans will not wait for them to be a success
I'll back the Titans to be back in the finals long before the thuns will for their first time

& its game ova if this happens
ship has sailed
end of :wink:
Re-read my post. I'll wait here.

Okay, to reiterate th epoint I made in my post, which you seem to have glossed over:

The titans recruited mature players, solid players, like Preston Campbell, Scott Prince, Matt Rogers, etc. They were competitive right from the start. Then in 4 years they 'won' the spoon.

The Suns filled their team with talented rookies, (and a couple of mature players, including the best player in the comp). The 'won' the spoon in their first year, and came close in their 2nd. They are building an incredible team, but it's taking time.

Which trajectory do you think is better for long-term success? Starting out good and turning to sh*t, or starting out sh*t and becoming good?
Some floors in your post drac.

Titans Ceo Mr Seale the fuckwit did not pay the tradies for there work on the centre for excellence/white elephant and news got around the community hence the drop from 20k crowd average to 14k.

Titans would be okay without this dipshit searle, thank goodness he is no longer in charge.

Searle treated himself to all the profits and left the club in ruins.

And sorry about the starting well and fading to the wooden spoon part.........the titans did not get the wooden spoon it was the eels and the Storm won the GF....... :-k

I will give you some time to rewrite your post if you like.... :lol:

And dave is correct, our expansion teams have been way more successful then the AFL's

Titans and Storm vs the Suns and Midgets.....................who here is willing to bet on the Suns and the Midgets......... =D>
1) *flaws
2) No doubt Searle * the COE debacle has contributed to the drop in crowds, but the poor onfield performances of 2011 and 2012 would be a bigger factor.
3) I don't really understand your point re Eels and Storm, that was this year. I was talking about 2011, the year the Suns entered the competition. in 2011 the Suns were starting at the bottom of the ladder, whereas the Titans had had previous success and finals, and had fallen to that position.
3) You're getting your expansion comparisons mixed up. The logical Storm comparison is the Swans (first teams in the rival code's biggest market). The Titans' comparison is Fremantle (2nd team in 2nd biggest heartland market).

The comparison for the Lions is the hypothetical Perth side (expansion side in rival code's second biggets market)
The comparison for the Suns is a hypothetical 2nd WA side.
The Giants comparison is a hypothetical 2nd Melbourne side.

But regardless of all that, given the Suns had a higher average attendance than the Storm (in a premiership year no less), the statement 'our expansion teams have been way more successful then the AFL's' is hilarious. The dead giveaway was the preface 'And dave is correct'.
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
Drac
Coach
Coach

Post by Drac »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
we're talking about why the 2 VFL expansion sides can't beat an egg you half wit
the excuse from the tight shorts brigade is .... they're new .. thats it... nothing to add !! 8-[
:lol: :lol:
my examples prove this is BS , & a load of VFL but but butting... I've provided lots of examples of competitive teams being strong from the get go if the recruiting is done right.
the VFL has Farked these 2 sides up badly

theres no certainty the thuns will see any success in their first 5 years .. only praying they will .. from delusional singlet wearing C heads like you
and Gold Coasters have already seen one of their other sides winning & winning well...

thats why the VFL had to have a winning side straight away like the NRL did ... instead they have a bumbling embarrasment
Gold Coast fans will not wait for them to be a success
I'll back the Titans to be back in the finals long before the thuns will for their first time

& its game ova if this happens
ship has sailed
end of :wink:

Okay, to reiterate th epoint I made in my post, which you seem to have glossed over:

The titans recruited mature players, solid players, like Preston Campbell, Scott Prince, Matt Rogers, etc. They were competitive right from the start. Then in 4 years they 'won' the spoon.

The Suns filled their team with talented rookies, (and a couple of mature players, including the best player in the comp). The 'won' the spoon in their first year, and came close in their 2nd. They are building an incredible team, but it's taking time.

Which trajectory do you think is better for long-term success? Starting out good and turning to sh*t, or starting out sh*t and becoming good?
Yet they made the finals the year after they got the spoon so stop talking shit, at least most RL clubs make the finals every few seasons unlike the sport you follow.
The Titans did not make the finals the year after they won the wooden spoon. Perhaps the next time you accuse someone of talking shit you'll do a little research first?

Maybe you confused the Titans with the West Coast Eagles, who went from bottom to fourth in 2011?
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Drac wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Drac wrote:

Yet they made the finals the year after they got the spoon so stop talking shit, at least most RL clubs make the finals every few seasons unlike the sport you follow.

the West Coast Eagles, who went from bottom to fourth in 2011?
cough ** tanking ** cough 8-[
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Drac
Coach
Coach

Post by Drac »

25% of your post was emoticons. Is that a record for you?

Eagles were slammed with ridiculous injuries in 2010, they could barely field a side. Not to mention the fact that the top 3 draft picks all went to Gold Coast, so there was no incentive to tank. In 2011 there wasn't a massive difference in their squad, they just had their best players available again.
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
VickyKicky
Team: Mars

Post by VickyKicky »

Xman wrote:
VickyKicky wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
It's called marketing moron. :roll: he was 1 player in a list of 45
Point proven as our esteemed mod also thinks marketing is more important than ability :roll:

Xman I'll leave you with this post from BF below, which is spot on in their assessment on Israel Floau's AFL career.

Being a Victorian and having lived and worked in Sydney for the last 6 years, i knew this Israel Folau venture was always going to fail.

They signed up a Rugby league Player who played for Melbourne and Brisbane and represented QLD in Origin. What relevance did he have to Western Sydneysiders....NONE. NO ONE CARED.
If they were serious they would have got Jarred Hayne, but the AFL's typical arrogance thought they could group all League players together and it wouldnt matter who they signed.

Obviously compounded by the fact he could never pick up the game. But lets be honest here, most sydneysiders wouldnt have a clue how he had played this year. You could have told them he is awesome and they wouldnt have cared.

The sad fact is, the AFL has wasted money on this Western Sydney venture, and they will continue to waste money. In 5 years when they win a premiership they will still be getting 10k or less to games and the AFL will still pump 20m per year into the team while clubs like Nth Melb, Western Bulldogs and Melbourne fend mainly for themselves.

And if anyone sitting behind their desks in Melbourne, Perth or Adelaide really believe its making an impact in Western Sydney then they are a dribbler. The papers hype it up and the junior participation statistics are based on ONE oz kick clinic at a school, not how many junior club players there are.

I love this game, and i just hate to see the AFL waste money like this at the expense of the traditional base of clubs and states that love the game.

Good Bye Izzy, may this be the last of the wasted expenditure on useless League players.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Please show me where I said marketing was more important than ability! :roll:

He was one player in a list of 45 and he was specifically recruited to gain media attention of an expansion state. To deny that didnt happen is stupidity.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Drac wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Drac wrote:

The Titans did not make the finals the year after they won the wooden spoon. Perhaps the next time you accuse someone of talking shit you'll do a little research first?

Maybe you confused the Titans with the West Coast Eagles, who went from bottom to fourth in 2011?
Shut up fuckwit, they got the spoon in 2011 and they were 11th this season 1 point outside the 8, how that equates to a failure of a season after the spoon doesn't makes sense too me.

But I am dealing with tanking tards though.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Drac
Coach
Coach

Post by Drac »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Drac wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:

Shut up fuckwit, they got the spoon in 2011 and they were 11th this season 1 point outside the 8, how that equates to a failure of a season after the spoon doesn't makes sense too me.

But I am dealing with tanking tards though.
11th =/= finals you vaginal blood-fart. And don't try to paint the 2012 Titans season as a success. I'll allow a Titans fan to explain why that's a bold-faced lie:

http://forum.titans.com.au/showthread.php?p=309653
Yet it only took a week for reality to raise its judgemental head and Game 2 became the harbinger of what was to become the season of mediocrity. It all began at home on a bright sunny Saturday afternoon against the Canberra Raiders 12-24 and fizzled-out twenty-three games later, on another sunny Skilled Saturday afternoon, this time with a whimper against the Sea-Eagles 16-24. When the dust had settled, the Titans had gone 10-14 for the year and racked their cue shaking their heads wondering about what could have been. Not so their fans who were baying for blood.

Star players had spent long stints on the sidelines. The team’s one-dimensional playing structure smacked of an archaic style last seen in the ‘80’s while the selection policy left even the most ardent Cartwright fans scratching their heads. Patches of good form and a skerrick of hope to make the Finals could not disguise underlying faults in the composition and preparation of the team. Underachieving had become the club’s catch-phrase and with the NYC team giving up large scores each week the problems had become entrenched in the system.
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Boo hoo like I give a stuff about the Tits.

They're not as bad as u made out idiot.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/11/19/wa ... 1-nil-win/

The Wanderers have scored the least amount of goals of any team in the A-League and only Adelaide have conceded fewer.

They’re hardly statistics that scream entertainment but, as always, the numbers only tell part of the story.

To be sitting in fifth place on the ladder with three wins, three losses and one draw says plenty about a competition where you’re only ever consecutive losses away from a crisis.

Had Western Sydney wilted under immense pressure against Perth yesterday they could’ve been in eighth position, just one point above bottom placed Sydney FC, having suffered back-to-back defeats for the second time in the first seven rounds.

That would’ve been a huge blow to the confidence of a team that hasn’t been outclassed by any opponent. A feeling starts to creep in that effort doesn’t equal reward.

Youssouf Hersi, who had otherwise had a brilliant first half, made life tough for his teammates by getting himself sent off in the 38th minute.

Hersi had just had his Achilles massaged by the boot of Scott Jamieson when the Dutchman lashed out at the Glory defender.

It was a red mist moment that had the potential to undo all of the good work the Wanderers had poured into the first half, after they had taken the lead through a Iacopo La Rocca header in the 15th minute.

It was the fourth time in as many games they’d opened the scoring; not bad for a team that went the first three rounds without a goal.

Last week, they led 1-nil against Newcastle before losing 2 – 1 at Parramatta Stadium.

Facing the same scenario against last season’s grand finalists and with only 10 men, Western Sydney showed extreme courage under heavy fire.

Ante Covic, unwanted by the Melbourne Victory, spent almost as much time moving horizontally as vertically, while Michael Beauchamp and Nikolai Topor-Stanley continue to produce career best form.

Hersi, in a strange and largely unwanted way, did coach Tony Popovic a favour yesterday.

It’s the first time the Wanderers have been reduced to 10 men and the rookie coach was provided with the answers to the type of questions that keep men in his profession up at night.

Would they have the courage to hold on?

Would they have the stamina to last?

Would they trust the system and believe that commitment does equal reward, despite their previous setbacks?

The answer to all of those was a resounding yes.

Popovic had already been given an indication over the first six rounds with players desperate to adhere to a high pressing and physically demanding style of play. Perhaps now he can sleep a little easier.

He has made several bold and some would say brave decisions about players. Some out of necessity and others out of faith.

When you’re playing with the house’s money there’s also a bit of pressure, especially when the house is aiming to sell the team as soon as is logical.

Some of the unfashionable members of the squad have repaid that faith with unquestionable commitment.

On paper, yesterday was just a 1-nil victory.

In reality, it was much more.

A team worth following....... =D> =D> =D> =D> -------Wanderes --------------------------------------->midgets................... :lol: :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

1 nil,

yay.............. #-o
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

Xman wrote:
1 nil,

yay.............. #-o

Some comments from the fans...Oh opposing fans giving praise to the wanderers.... =D> =D>

Christo the Daddyo said | November 19th 2012 @ 8:26am | Report comment

Hopefully the Sydney FC defence were watching this game.

“Oh, THAT’S how you’re supposed to defend…”

Towser said | November 19th 2012 @ 9:18am | Report comment

My thoughts exactly. “Build from the back,build from the back” WSW’s mantra.
SFC’s mantra ” Where’d I put the building blocks Mum”
As an SFC fan it was painful to watch the Wanderers defend so well with 10 men when we look so woeful at the back with 11. We could play with 15 men and still concede 3 goals a game…..

Even though they’re our new rivals it’s hard to be anything other than impressed with the way the Wanderers are going about things. It does show how important a good manager and system are

Bondy. said | November 19th 2012 @ 9:06am | Report comment

One could suggest in watching the Glory vs Wanderers that the clubs with less bells and whistles (Non Marquee Types) and with a higher concentration of Australian born players,are the most fluent and effective in the comp, I.E. Central Coast, Newcastle and Western Sydney,although the Wanderers hung on for grim death there yesterday and a dead set sitter by the Glory was missed at the death,they the Wanderers looked as though they’ve been in the comp as a club for five years.
The wanderers parked the bus perfectly yesterday I’m s glory fan but that’s how you defend with 10 men congrats the WSW well done

Arvind said | November 19th 2012 @ 9:45am | Report comment

Wanderers should have finished the match off in the first half but there is no doubts about the character in this team and the support it is generating with the members. Amazing effort. A Happy Wanderer.

whiskeymac said | November 19th 2012 @ 10:42am | Report comment

WSW very credible – good chance for finals in the first season which would be a great success.

Nathan of Perth said | November 19th 2012 @ 10:57am | Report comment

Well done to the Wanderers. Very tricky assignment they were handed, but they, and Covic, did brilliantly.

The sting is exacerbated by having also been there for the Wildcats first home game on friday night which went very pear-shaped as well :P
Wanderers ----------------------------------->midgets :lol: :lol: