Crowd Predictions for Sydney vs Collingwood @ ANZ Stadium

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Crowd Predictions for Sydney vs Collingwood @ ANZ Stadiu

Post by MarkZZZ »

Xman wrote:
Sunday Arvo up against city to surf with grey clouds in the sky all day with the lame weather that has been in Sydney this weekend, against a team who have lost 3 on the trott and expected to get beaten, with no media hype. If Brisbane had of won the last 3 games this game would have pushed 30k
The above statement was used on LU to explain why their biggest club who are on top of the ladder couldnt even get 20k to a game this afternoon! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and the other game drew 7k! =D> =D>

Swannies got more than double the almighty bulldogs in RL heartland! :lol:

I guess the difference Xman is that we don't see the need to talk up our crowds they are what they are. It was the AFL mob let by Beau that was predicting higher numbers than the eventual 45K. There where predictions up to 70k+. By those standards you would have to say the interest predicted did not match the interest given.

I guess you will come back with, but it outdrew the NRL, yes it did but that is not what this thread was about, it was about how many people in Sydney would be interested enough in this game to attend and the results are in, not as many as many of you had thought, yes I know it was cold and rainy and the Olympics are on and............. I am sure you will add a few other reasons.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
I never stated I'm right.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
call me a skirt lifting sheila.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

MarkZZZ wrote:
Xman wrote:
Sunday Arvo up against city to surf with grey clouds in the sky all day with the lame weather that has been in Sydney this weekend, against a team who have lost 3 on the trott and expected to get beaten, with no media hype. If Brisbane had of won the last 3 games this game would have pushed 30k
The above statement was used on LU to explain why their biggest club who are on top of the ladder couldnt even get 20k to a game this afternoon! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and the other game drew 7k! =D> =D>

Swannies got more than double the almighty bulldogs in RL heartland! :lol:

I guess the difference Xman is that we don't see the need to talk up our crowds they are what they are. It was the AFL mob let by Beau that was predicting higher numbers than the eventual 45K. There where predictions up to 70k+. By those standards you would have to say the interest predicted did not match the interest given.

I guess you will come back with, but it outdrew the NRL, yes it did but that is not what this thread was about, it was about how many people in Sydney would be interested enough in this game to attend and the results are in, not as many as many of you had thought, yes I know it was cold and rainy and the Olympics are on and............. I am sure you will add a few other reasons.
you dont see the need to talk your crowds up? :-k

:lol: :lol: i wonder hy that is?

theyre crap thats why #-o
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Mark, I think you know as well as anyone that the Olympic Stadium is a venue to stay away from in wet weather. And that is just as applicable to the NRL as it is the AFL. SFS is just as bad for the record. And on the other side of the fence, Football Park in Adelaide is similar - and that's going to go the way of the dodo in the not too distant future.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

45K was a good result considering the weather. I probabaly would have predicted about that amount if I had known about the bad weather. The NRL games showed how weather can affect the crowds.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

Oh and speaking on crowds the Sydney Swans how have a crowd average of over 24K.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

piesman2011 wrote:
Oh and speaking on crowds the Sydney Swans how have a crowd average of over 24K.
Yes 6k of what they had last year... :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

eelofwest wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:
Yes 6k of what they had last year... :lol:
they are 2k down on last year despite limited public access to game due to stadium renovations.

They average more than any Sydney NRL team despite playing only 2 local derbies. :lol: :lol:

They just played in front of the biggest crowd for a home and away sport in Sydney this year, despite the game being played in horrible weather.

:lol: :lol:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.