The bet - to make it clear for the halfwit Princess Warrior

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Team: Collingwood
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The bet - to make it clear for the halfwit Princess Warr

Post by AFL Warrior »

This thread is about NRL grounds in Adelaide (where there are none). It is not about AFL ground seen from Main North Road you fool Dogs fool!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Dogs wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
Dogs wrote:
So here is my bet that you suggested you will take; there are more visible Soccer or RL field/s when driving along Main North Rd in Adelaide than AFL Fields, based upon the following directions.
Steps
Googlemaps Select
Get Directions
A - Mawson Lakes, South Australia
to
B - BAE SYSTEMS, Taranaki Road, Edinburgh, South Australia
Ok, I didn't believe you before and now I definately don't believe you after following the steps you've listed above. You must have thought we were stupid and wouldn't actually look.

Well I for one have and the only sporting fields I can see are clearly Australian Rules grounds (Salisbury Oval and Brahma Lodge Oval and even from the starting point at Mawson Laks the ground looks oval shaped with no sign of rectangular codes existing). The grounds are clearly Australian Rules grounds that much is clear when one zooms in via satelite view on google maps and see the shadows of the Aussie Rules goal posts on the ground.

Other than that, just lots of industrial land on the route listed below. You have nothing Dogs and like I suggested before you should back away from this bet. You just look stupid. #-o

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=Ma ... 2&t=h&z=13

Get Directions

Suggested routes
16.2 km, 25 mins

Main North Rd/A52
Driving directions to BAE SYSTEMS
Via Main North Rd - remove

Mawson Lakes SA
1. Head south-east on Mawson Lakes Boulevard 22 m
2. Take the 1st left on to Main North Rd/​A52 4.5 km
3. Turn left onto Frost Rd 210 m
4. Turn right onto Francis Rd 350 m
5. Take the 1st right on to Progressive Way 130 m
6. Turn left onto Main North Rd 700 m
7. Turn left onto Cambridge St 100 m
8. Take the 1st right on to Cheam St 110 m
9. Take the 1st left on to Park Tce
Go through 1 roundabout 2.2 km
10. Slight right to stay on Park Tce 52 m
11. Turn right onto Salisbury Hwy 1.3 km
12. Slight left towards Commercial Rd 81 m
13. Slight left onto Commercial Rd
Go through 1 roundabout 750 m
14. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Purling Ave 3.0 km
15. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto West Ave
Go through 1 roundabout 2.1 km
16. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Taranaki Rd
Go through 1 roundabout 750 m
BAE SYSTEMS
13/63 Taranaki Rd
Edinburgh South Australia 5111

So Beaussie, using the scale on googlemaps, I would suggest that Salisbury Oval, Salisbury, South Australia is around 1-2km away from Main North rd, so I am suggetsing that is definiately not visible (when driving along Main north road)

As for Brahma Lodge Oval it is well behind 200m of houses, so there is no way I or anyone else would have seen it either.

I will get back to you on the RL field, however to be clear and read the bet again if need be. I made a bet purely based upon what was visible. I have supported it with the address's from the ARL website, you must remember that the bet is visible ovals when driving along main north road.

Therefore, AFL fields are still a big fat 0 (as per the bet)
Oh dear, this rubbish again. #-o

I followed your link and instructions and guess what, no sign of RL fields. Everyone can see what I'm saying if they follow your link and instructions. End of story. Give it up already Dogs. :roll:
Topper
Coach
Coach
Team: AFL

Post by Topper »

One AFL ground can be seen from Main North Road;

http://www.elizabetheagles.com.au/whoarewe#argana

And if you look closely I'm sure you can also see North Adelaide's Prospect Oval.

Dogs, from what I can tell of TLPG's post he is saying that if there are rooms at the ground, the ground is occupied by the club the rooms belong to during the season concerned. As baseball is played during the cricket season, such an identity of the venue would depend on whether or not cricket or baseball club rooms are at the location. In the case of Spruance Oval, it is clear from TLPG that the first option on the venue is with the soccer club because of the presence of the club rooms. The RL club would have to fit in with them to get access to the ground. Actual ownership is likely the local council.

The situation is clear. You must prove that there are venues in Adelaide that RL is played and it is the only sport played at the venue between April and September. If it is shared with another code, then you must prove that the RL club has first option on the venue. At present, such evidence does not exist so there are no RL fields in Adelaide. Nearmaps, Google and every other online map does not provide evidence.
Rugby League has a lying culture. Altering crowd figures, relying on inaccurate TV figures from regional NSW and refusing to distance itself from Leagues Clubs and obtain it's own club memberships as it relies on LC's to survive as private entities.
Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Dogs »

Topper wrote:
One AFL ground can be seen from Main North Road;

http://www.elizabetheagles.com.au/whoarewe#argana

And if you look closely I'm sure you can also see North Adelaide's Prospect Oval.

Dogs, from what I can tell of TLPG's post he is saying that if there are rooms at the ground, the ground is occupied by the club the rooms belong to during the season concerned. As baseball is played during the cricket season, such an identity of the venue would depend on whether or not cricket or baseball club rooms are at the location. In the case of Spruance Oval, it is clear from TLPG that the first option on the venue is with the soccer club because of the presence of the club rooms. The RL club would have to fit in with them to get access to the ground. Actual ownership is likely the local council.

The situation is clear. You must prove that there are venues in Adelaide that RL is played and it is the only sport played at the venue between April and September. If it is shared with another code, then you must prove that the RL club has first option on the venue. At present, such evidence does not exist so there are no RL fields in Adelaide. Nearmaps, Google and every other online map does not provide evidence.
So the actual ownershp is the Council, making everything you and TLPG said is irrelevant

The situation is real clear. I made a bet, can back my side of the bet. You mob keep trying to stretch the boundaries and rules to suit yourself. Have you got on nearmap yet????
Unfortunately for you, again you have not read the bet, go back to the instructions of the bet dumbo and try again. I did not travel that far up. The furthest I went was womma rd and that was only because I took a wrong turn, so I actually haven't counted those two RL field that are on that road. Try to stick to the bet for a change, as I have or if you must include these then I will also include the two RL fields on Womma rd. :wink:
NRLCrap1 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:28 am

NRLCrap1 says: Crowds don't mean squat,
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

LISTEN!!!!!!

Just because you see posts doesn't make it an RL field. Topper's got it - it's about the first option RESIDENT (as distinct from owner just to clear that up). The first option resident at Spruance Oval is the Northern Wolves SOCCER Club! Will you get that through your stubborn skull, Dogs?? The same applies to the other venues!! All maps are indeed BS because anyone can edit them without being checked for accuracy. It's the same with Google.

Residency is the issue - not ownership. And the primary residents at each of the venues you nominated are NOT thugby league clubs!! Therefore there are NO RL fields in Adelaide! Stop talking, start listening and understanding - and GETTING IT!!!!

PS - Name the locations of your route that you claim to be RL fields. I'm sure either Beaussie, Warrior, Cos or Topper will ID them properly and correctly.

PPS - Oh, Topper, should remind you in case I haven't said it before. I'm sure there are RL fields in NT. I know there's one in Melbourne - Gosh's Paddock next door to Collingwood's training oval. This RL field is the Melbourne Storm's training field.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain

Post by AFL Warrior »

Actually I do recall a NRL ground in Adelaide....it was called the Wingfield Tip!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Topper wrote:
For heaven's sakes, Dogs, can't you read? TLPG told you that the rooms at Spruance Oval belong to the soccer club. If it was an RL field there would be change rooms specifically for the RL Club, correct? Also, the bet was that there are RL fields in Adelaide. Between AFL Warrior, TLPG and myself we have collectively proved that there are none. The RL clubs you nominated have to share venues with other codes in order to play without exception. You can repeat the venue names all you like. It can not alter the fact that none of them host RL only from April (not March to correct TLPG) to September.
Goddammit Topper, I thought I taught you the grammar here! For fuukkks sake. If it was 'A' RL field. or if it was 'AN' NRL field. ](*,)

Now to this thread. Dogs I apologise as I can now see I appear to have not taken the bet as literally as you have stated it. It was a fairly complex bet though. Even so I now see what you're on about. Those afl fields look as though they would definitely be out of vision from a car trip along the path you took. My faith in th truth speaking of theleaguies is restored. TLPG and tipsy why oh why do your arguments always stray from the point?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

TLPG wrote:
PS - Name the locations of your route that you claim to be RL fields. I'm sure either Beaussie, Warrior, Cos or Topper will ID them properly and correctly.
I honestly believe that he will refuse to do that, TLPG, and tell us to use said maps. He fails to comprehend that he is making the claims so it is he who must provide.
TLPG wrote:
PPS - Oh, Topper, should remind you in case I haven't said it before. I'm sure there are RL fields in NT. I know there's one in Melbourne - Gosh's Paddock next door to Collingwood's training oval. This RL field is the Melbourne Storm's training field.
There's RL in the Northern Territory? I'm not convinced. They love AFL up there. I don't really count training grounds even though I take your point.
Rugby League has a lying culture. Altering crowd figures, relying on inaccurate TV figures from regional NSW and refusing to distance itself from Leagues Clubs and obtain it's own club memberships as it relies on LC's to survive as private entities.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Alice Springs has a nice Rugby LEague field just below ANZAC Hill. They also have a fairly strong comp. The whole town is very well set up for all sports actually.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

Another fart. That's disgusting.
Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Dogs »

Topper wrote:
TLPG wrote:
I honestly believe that he will refuse to do that, TLPG, and tell us to use said maps. He fails to comprehend that he is making the claims so it is he who must provide.
TLPG wrote:
There's RL in the Northern Territory? I'm not convinced. They love AFL up there. I don't really count training grounds even though I take your point.

I honestly believe you guys a lying twats, I notice there was never an acceptance from TLPwee on the bet, I was waiting to see if there was another bet on that you guys could try to dance around. Anyway, I am sure you will advise there is a problem with this, but lets go with it to hear your nonsense for shits and giggles

Try typing in Womma Road, Elizabeth West, South Australia in googlemaps - then look for Central Districts Junior Rugby League Club.

So now we have:
- the ARL Website suggesting they are RL club in SA,
- two RL Field visible on googlemaps,
- the dressing rooms,
- the club house and a lable on googlemaps suggesting it is the Central Districts Junior Rugby League Club.

Now I can't wait, please tell me why this is not RL fields. Again, why is it not RL fields??? in your deluded little worlds.
NRLCrap1 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:28 am

NRLCrap1 says: Crowds don't mean squat,
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain

Post by AFL Warrior »

Hmmmmm :-k still can't see any NRL fields there Dogs....Are you talking about the right Adelaide here? :-k
Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

Dogs wrote:
Try typing in Womma Road, Elizabeth West, South Australia in googlemaps - then look for Central Districts Junior Rugby League Club.

So now we have:
- the ARL Website suggesting they are RL club in SA,
- two RL Field visible on googlemaps,
- the dressing rooms,
- the club house and a lable on googlemaps suggesting it is the Central Districts Junior Rugby League Club.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2534&start=90#p25455
As far as Womma Park goes;
http://www.playford.sa.gov.au/webdata/r ... a_Park.pdf

Home team? Another RU club, Elizabeth. No sign of RL amongst the tenancies.
So much for the accuracy of Google Maps.
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain

Post by AFL Warrior »

I did follow your links Dogs and all it took me to was John Platten's place? :-k
Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

Just to back it up.

http://www.elizabethrugby.rugbynet.com. ... pe=contact

Also according to Central Districts own website, they have NO presence at Womma Park. All their games are played at Spruance Oval, already established as a soccer ground.

I have edited the entry on Google Maps and it is now being reviewed. I noted also on the SA Rugby page that the competition has been around since 1932. The SARL in it's current form was created in 1976. Between those two codes it's clear that RU is more popular that RL. Of course AFL thrashes both of them.