Finals Time!!!!

Australian Football news and discussion.
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by LisaJ »

Wow, I can't believe that the Pies lost!!

they must be going nutz there in Geelong!!
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

This year's Grand Final is going to be between Port Adelaide and Geelong!!

Woohoo!!

Go Port!!!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Yay, carn Port. =D>

kaskill are you nervous after seeing the Power demolish the Roos today?

Great to see the filth eliminated last night too. Should be a cracker of a GF.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

:>::
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by kaskill »

it doesnt faze me one bit that the power flogged kangaroos by so much coz if memory serves me correctly the cats beat them by an even bigger margin 2 weeks ago and that was on the MCG!!! i admit i was nervous watching the game friday night i drank that much beer and went out to a pub with my cats gurnsey on but dont remember anything after the game LoL dont even remember getting out!! it will be a great game next weekend the worst part is ill be in adelaide so if the power win :roll: i still wont take my colours off tho!! i wish i could make the GF but am getting married (2 a port supporter) in 3 weeks. talk about mixed emotions hahahaha i dont think kangaroos should have ever made it as far as they did and i think adelaide and hawthorn will be ashamed of themselves!
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

Should be a cracker game. Port were good yesterday, but Geelong were well down on Friday night. Being at the MCG, I think the Cats will show why they have been best all year. They will be too strong. Cts by between 20 - 40 points. Chapman to win the BOG medal. If Chappy fires, the cats fire. I see him and to a lesser extent, Mooney as their Barometers.
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by kaskill »

just want to say congrats to the geelong falcons for winning the VFL granny today! now all we need is ablett to win the brownlow tomorrow night and the cats to get up against port and it will be the year of my life!!
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

Yep, its been a good year down in Sleepy Hollow so far. Still the GF and Brownlow to collect. Just a small correction though Kaskill. the Falcons are the TAC under 18 side. But all the same, it's worrying to know the Cats have so many good players waiting in the wings as well.
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by kaskill »

oh really?? i thought the VFL side wur the falcons :roll: altho i dont follow the reserves or under 18s much thanks dogsact wot are the ressys called just the cats aswell?? .. your right tho about all the up and coming players for the cats its great news for us :) and we still have a pretty young AFL side 2 which is good.
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

I think they are just called the Cats also. Though you got me thinking, because I only ever hear the VFL side referred to as Geelong.

I hope for your saje Geelong can manage their salary cap, because you know clubs will come to try poach some of the players who are not playing AFL. It is inevitable. Scary thought that Tom Hawkins is still playing VFL. I would put money on him now for next years NAB Rising Star winner. He will still be eligble i think.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

I am glad the handbagmen are the favourites here, if memory serves they are favorites everytime that make and Grand Final and then blow it.....Port relishes in being the underdog to over-rated and useless Victorian clubs.... :cool:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

I am glad the handbagmen are the favourites here, if memory serves they are favorites everytime they make a Grand Final and then blow it.....Port relishes in being the underdog to over-rated and useless Victorian clubs.... :cool:
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by kaskill »

yeah someone told me today that they are also called the geelong cats haha i was confused!! hawkins showed some really good signs when he played during the season but just wasnt quite ready. i reakon give him a few games under his belt and ur right dogsact he will be a star! and i take my hat off to tom lonergan who last year lost a kidney in that sickening blow and has come back to playing great footy n won the best on ground yesterday. If that was me i dont reakon i would ever play again.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Yeah have to admit that what Tom Lonergan is what a champion is made of...good on him for what he did....Now see folks I gave a compliment to a Victorian! =D>
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by kaskill »

haha its a miracle!!! LoL hey i dunno about anyone else but what a shock it was for bartel to win the brownlow last night??? i mean he did play great football for a good portion of the season but to get some of the votes he got was such a suprise and i thought coz he missed the last 2 matches or the season someone would beat him but he had it in the bag after round 20 =D> well done jimmy now all we need is a win on saturday and wot a year for the cats!!!