Make the call: How much will the NRL and AFL will get from the next TV rights deal

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Make the call: How much will the NRL and AFL will get from the next TV rights deal

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Pay up Rupert .
3 NRL games got more viewers than 5 afl games games on FoX .
Pay up you old geriatric fuck.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Make the call: How much will the NRL and AFL will get from the next TV rights deal

Post by pussycat »

OzTAM ratings figures obtained by Fairfax Media reveal the importance of the code to Foxtel's ratings and therefore the pressure Foxtel, owned by News Corp and Telstra, is under to strike a deal with the NRL.

The statistics show that 3.5 of the top 10 shows on pay television on average were NRL games or programmes

Given these figures come from Oztam ,I'm guessing these figures only include capitol city viewers. when all subscribers are included the NRL make up just under 50% of the leading programs on Fox as reported by NRL ratings.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by Dogs »

The_Wookie wrote:
you realise on those numbers, that if the Internet component includes the money for naming rights like it did last time, then you still come second? As it is on your numbers the difference is only a million a year - and the AFL more than makes that up with radio rights (last time worth 24 million to the NRLs estimated 2)
Are you sure Wookie, Pussycat is talking over 5 years, not the AFl 6
NRLCrap1 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:28 am

NRLCrap1 says: Crowds don't mean squat,
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

This thread deserves sticky status I reckon.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Beaussie wrote:
why? because all it contains the basement dwellers shooting off about dreamt up figures in what they think the broadcast deal NRLOL will end up at
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
why? because all it contains the basement dwellers shooting off about dreamt up figures in what they think the broadcast deal NRLOL will end up at
You seriously cannot be that fucking thick .
You are dumb ,not normal dumb ,but braindead .

The thread was started asking about what people thought the respective codes would get .
It was started long before either deal was anywhere near finalised .
So people threw figures around as you do when discussing TV rights .
Yet you go on another insane rant about dreamt up figures & basement dwellers .

Next time get your carer to have a read of what you post .
Jesus .
I feel dumber everytime I read one of your ****** rants .

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NRL tells clubs Fox Sports can be replaced by ‘new players’
The Australian|
September 2, 2015 12:00AM|

NRL chief executive Dave Smith. Picture: Britta Campion

The NRL’s battle with Fox Sports over the next broadcast rights deal could intensify after club chief executives were told yesterday the code could go with a non-traditional partner for its digital media rights in a worst-case scenario.

Most of the game’s chief executives were at Rugby League Central in Sydney yesterday for a two-day conference to discuss a range of issues confronting the code, including digital media rights and third-party agreements.

“The gist of it was that if you control the content then you have the product that drives everything,’’ one source told The Australian.

“No one’s saying that they’re going to do it, but the presentation showed that in a few years time there will be these new players coming into the market, and they’re other platforms that you can sell viewing information, interviews, everything.

“They were just saying you’re well placed if they (Fox Sports) don’t come up with the money. There will be other options.’’

The NRL recently signed a $925 million deal with free-to-air broadcaster Channel Nine for the next broadcast rights deal starting in 2018.

But it is still to negotiate with Fox Sports and naming sponsor Telstra over the remaining content and digital rights.

It was later reported that NRL chief executive Dave Smith could have put his $1.7 billion target in jeopardy with Fox Sports and Telstra both reportedly unhappy at being left out of the loop in the negotiations with Nine.

Smith however has remained confident with the way he has handled talks and believes Fox Sports will have little choice but to remain loyal as it needs content — especially with more providers to emerge before the next deal ends in 2017.

The fractured relationship between the NRL and its broadcast partners was highlighted when News Corp executive chairman Rupert Murdoch appeared at the AFL’s $2.5 billion broadcast rights deal to declare it the premium code in the country.

Nine has secured four free-to-air NRL games in the coveted time slots from Thursday to Sunday plus non-exclusive streaming rights while Fox has lost its two best time slots for the week — Saturday night and Monday night.

The NRL is still banking on Fox Sports to pay $750m to $850m for four exclusive games and the right to simulcast Nine’s matches but negotiations have stalled with reports the pay-TV operator believes the games it is expected to bid for have been severely devalued.

The NRL organised yesterday for former officials from the AFL and Cricket Australia to make a presentation which showed that the game had a number of options to sell its digital media rights. These included selling the whole package or half of it to existing partners, or forming a joint venture with different providers.

The same two officials also addressed the club chairmen on the issue at a meeting that was held in Melbourne after the second State of Origin game in June.

The presentation also included examples from US sports including Major League Baseball, the National Football League and even professional wrestling and how they have handled their digital media rights and where the growth areas have been.

It is believed while the officials told club bosses they were in a strong position to grow the value of their digital media rights, they needed to work hard now if they wanted to achieve maximum value for them with a non-traditional partner.

The value of the broadcast deal is important to all clubs, who are sweating on a sizeable increase in club grants when the new deal kicks in for 2018. It is believed clubs will receive a share in a $50 million advance from Nine next year.

The focus at the conference today will switch to players’ third-party agreements which have become a bone of contention and a source of confusion in the NRL.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nr ... 7508347942

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

pussycat wrote:
The Australian|

The NRL’s battle with Fox Sports over the next broadcast rights deal could intensify after club chief executives were told yesterday the code could go with a non-traditional partner for its digital media rights in a worst-case scenario.

Most of the game’s chief executives were at Rugby League Central in Sydney yesterday for a two-day conference to discuss a range of issues confronting the code, including digital media rights and third-party agreements.

“The gist of it was that if you control the content then you have the product that drives everything,’’ one source told The Australian.

“No one’s saying that they’re going to do it, but the presentation showed that in a few years time there will be these new players coming into the market, and they’re other platforms that you can sell viewing information, interviews, everything.

“They were just saying you’re well placed if they (Fox Sports) don’t come up with the money. There will be other options.’’

The NRL recently signed a $925 million deal with free-to-air broadcaster Channel Nine for the next broadcast rights deal starting in 2018.

But it is still to negotiate with Fox Sports and naming sponsor Telstra over the remaining content and digital rights.

It was later reported that NRL chief executive Dave Smith could have put his $1.7 billion target in jeopardy with Fox Sports and Telstra both reportedly unhappy at being left out of the loop in the negotiations with Nine.

Smith however has remained confident with the way he has handled talks and believes Fox Sports will have little choice but to remain loyal as it needs content — especially with more providers to emerge before the next deal ends in 2017.

The fractured relationship between the NRL and its broadcast partners was highlighted when News Corp executive chairman Rupert Murdoch appeared at the AFL’s $2.5 billion broadcast rights deal to declare it the premium code in the country.

Nine has secured four free-to-air NRL games in the coveted time slots from Thursday to Sunday plus non-exclusive streaming rights while Fox has lost its two best time slots for the week — Saturday night and Monday night.

The NRL is still banking on Fox Sports to pay $750m to $850m for four exclusive games and the right to simulcast Nine’s matches but negotiations have stalled with reports the pay-TV operator believes the games it is expected to bid for have been severely devalued.

The NRL organised yesterday for former officials from the AFL and Cricket Australia to make a presentation which showed that the game had a number of options to sell its digital media rights. These included selling the whole package or half of it to existing partners, or forming a joint venture with different providers.

The same two officials also addressed the club chairmen on the issue at a meeting that was held in Melbourne after the second State of Origin game in June.

The presentation also included examples from US sports including Major League Baseball, the National Football League and even professional wrestling and how they have handled their digital media rights and where the growth areas have been.

It is believed while the officials told club bosses they were in a strong position to grow the value of their digital media rights, they needed to work hard now if they wanted to achieve maximum value for them with a non-traditional partner.

The value of the broadcast deal is important to all clubs, who are sweating on a sizeable increase in club grants when the new deal kicks in for 2018. It is believed clubs will receive a share in a $50 million advance from Nine next year.

The focus at the conference today will switch to players’ third-party agreements which have become a bone of contention and a source of confusion in the NRL.

Smiths target of $1.7 billion!
Well short of the AFLs $2.5 billion :)))
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
Beaussie wrote:

The thread was started asking about what people thought the respective codes would get .

Jesus .
as oppose to this post spazza!
Just man up and admit yournothing but a bitter old jealous dinosaur! The NRL is falling behind the AFL!

Take the meds & get your special needs nurse to tuck you in to bed for an afternoon nap!
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

leagueiscrap wrote:
pussycat wrote:
The Australian|

Thats 2.5 over 6 years. 2.08 over 5!

$1.7m is Foxtel target .

Foxtel just paid over $1b for a product that is near 20% less popular and offers less opportunities in picking up subscribers .

With Teltra NRL streaming is almost 15% more popular. And international rights don't exist for the AFL.
It will be very interesting to see how much they do get

leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

pussycat wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
pussycat wrote:
The Australian|

Thats 2.5 over 6 years. 2.08 over 5!

$1.7m is Foxtel target .

Foxtel just paid over $1b for a product that is near 20% less popular and offers less opportunities in picking up subscribers .

With Teltra NRL streaming is almost 15% more popular. And international rights don't exist for the AFL.
It will be very interesting to see how much they do get
Lol no afl is more popular on Foxtel as well as Telstra! So keep dreaming pissy cat
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
Beaussie wrote:

Jesus .
as oppose to this post spazza!
Just man up and admit yournothing but a bitter old jealous dinosaur! The NRL is falling behind the AFL!

Take the meds & get your special needs nurse to tuck you in to bed for an afternoon nap!
So once again when I make a fool of you ,it's off on a rant with nothing to do about the topic ,or what you claimed .
Now go back & read what you posted .
You rambled about dreamt up figures in a thread asking what people thought the TV deals would be .

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
I don't get paid to educate you continuously .
Special schooling needs special needs teachers .

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

I would bet that if the the NRL deal when finalised was similar or better than the AFLOL say 2.2 bill .
Then dumbo would still claim the AFLOL got more .

🤣
Xman wrote
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Post by 214Four »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
I would bet that if the the NRL deal when finalised was similar or better than the AFLOL say 2.2 bill .
LoL you Can't blame him though, he gets confused once the numbers pass 10, and specially if his mother has double knotted his shoe laces that day and he cannot use his toes to count.

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Lol listen to what the bumsniffing experts are saying spazzing! $1.7 to $1.8 at best!

:)))
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys