Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club: 2016 AFL Crowds and TV Ratings [Running season tally in OP]

Post by pussycat »

Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
Darren wrote:
Mate, you have what is called a theory or opinion as to why the AFL lags behind the NRL in aggregate and average TV ratings. It is not a fact, it is not a certainty. And like all theories until it is tested it is just that, a theory.

So I would suggest you lobby the AFL and broadcasters to change the game scheduling to test your theory. Until that happens the raw numbers, the facts remain the same.
so, again, you just ignore the points I raise.

Read over the points Ive made in my posts. Others on this forum seem capable of at least discussing them. Some even accept there is truth to them. Youre just a coward

When Adelaide/ Perth are not watching there home side match they dont get much more than 70k.. When they do get to watch there home team they get 40 or 50% more. Melbourne to a lesser extent also. So showing matches into there own state has far more upside then downside.
bull shit

Example. Last night we had a single game shown nationally. It rated Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLDogsCats 249k, Sat TV #AFL Night Seven 376k (Mel 299k Ade 77k) 7mate 139k (Syd 28k Bri 20k Per 91k)

Total including regional is 935k.

This was a game involving Melbourne teams only. Our average Saturday night ratings this year for two concurrent games is around 1.1m. Compare this average of 550k per game to last nights 935k for one game!!!

This clearly shows that having games shown concurrently is a MASSIVE disadvantage when looking at averages compared to showing a game in isolation, even accounting for multiple teams into multiple cities
What exactly are you BSing about?

Melbourne may have been watching dogs v cats(299k) as well as Adelaide(77k) but Perth got there(91K) watching another match - Freemantle v port.

Meaning if Perth was watching the cats v dogs your entire Audience would have struggled to much more than 900k , if that.

As for your Saturday night average being 1.1m [-( Are you plucking these figures out of your arse or what? There are Saturday night matches that are only missing a Sydney, Brisbane or a Perth - even with regionals included, these matches would struggle to get much more than 800k .
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Post by Xman »

Darren wrote:
Mate, mate, mate, the AFL are not well ahead. How the hell can you say that????? They're well behind, thats the numbers, thats the facts. And the number of rounds is irrelevant. I compared 108 games to 108 games for both codes as per Wookies numbers. At the end of the season the NRL is going to smash the AFL in ratings figures.

And this cherry picking of your 1.3 mill threshold is just a joke. Some Fridays the AFL get bigger ratings and some Fridays the NRL gets bigger ratings. At the end of the day the difference is negligible, they both rate very well. And of course you laughably disregard SOO and international RL.

You, my friend, are struggling. Why don't you go back to crowds, you might have a win there, it's the real strong point for the AFLer's.

At the end of the numbers game the NRL is in front in aggregate and average. Suck it up pal!!!!!
Haha, who's cherry picking?

The AFL have the top 5 rating home and away games this year, and probably 8 out of the top 10. That isnt cherry picking, thats taking into account every game for both comps. Your best games v ours.

The AFL is more popular on TV, suck it up
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
Darren wrote:
Mate, you have what is called a theory or opinion as to why the AFL lags behind the NRL in aggregate and average TV ratings. It is not a fact, it is not a certainty. And like all theories until it is tested it is just that, a theory.

So I would suggest you lobby the AFL and broadcasters to change the game scheduling to test your theory. Until that happens the raw numbers, the facts remain the same.

Read over the points Ive made in my posts. Others on this forum seem capable of at least discussing them. Some even accept there is truth to them. Youre just a coward

When Adelaide/ Perth are not watching there home side match they dont get much more than 70k.. When they do get to watch there home team they get 40 or 50% more. Melbourne to a lesser extent also. So showing matches into there own state has far more upside then downside.
bull shit

Example. Last night we had a single game shown nationally. It rated Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLDogsCats 249k, Sat TV #AFL Night Seven 376k (Mel 299k Ade 77k) 7mate 139k (Syd 28k Bri 20k Per 91k)

This was a game involving Melbourne teams only. Our average Saturday night ratings this year for two concurrent games is around 1.1m. Compare this average of 550k per game to last nights 935k for one game!!!

This clearly shows that having games shown concurrently is a MASSIVE disadvantage when looking at averages compared to showing a game in isolation, even accounting for multiple teams into multiple cities

Melbourne may have been watching dogs v cats(299k) as well as Adelaide(77k) but Perth got there(91K) watching another match - Freemantle v port.

Meaning if Perth was watching the cats v dogs your entire Audience would have struggled to much more than 900k , if that.

As for your Saturday night average being 1.1m [-( Are you plucking these figures out of your arse or what? There are Saturday night matches that are only missing a Sydney, Brisbane or a Perth - even with regionals included, these matches would struggle to get much more than 800k .
Wrong. Freo played in the afternoon and were accounted for in the afternoon ratings. The evening ratings were a single AFL game shown nationally and averaged just under what our 2 games normally achieve on a Saturday night. This shows that showing games concurrently has a small benefit but showing games in isolation results in a far higher game average
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
Darren wrote:

bull shit

Wrong. Freo played in the afternoon and were accounted for in the afternoon ratings. The evening ratings were a single AFL game shown nationally and averaged just under what our 2 games normally achieve on a Saturday night. This shows that showing games concurrently has a small benefit but showing games in isolation results in a far higher game average
I have been wrong before but this is not one of those times.

Perth's ratings came from the Freemantle game played at 6-7.30 in Perth . They did not watch the Cats game. You will have to work on that theory/excuse .

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
Darren wrote:

bull shit

I have been wrong before but this is not one of those times.

Perth's ratings came from the Freemantle game played at 6-7.30 in Perth . They did not watch the Cats game. You will have to work on that theory/excuse .
Pussycat seems to be right.

as there was only 2 AFL games on FTA in perth on the Saturday..
West Coast and Fremantle..

Mediaweek ‏@MediaweekAUS · Jun 18

Sat TV #AFL Arvo Seven 190k (Ade 102k Per 88k) 7mate Bri 22k

PERTH Figure for West Coast

Adelaide figure would of bee there PORT GAME

Sat TV #AFL Night Seven 376k (Mel 299k Ade 77k) 7mate 139k (Syd 28k Bri 20k Per 91k)

Perth Figure for Fremantle

TOP OF TABLE CLASH> cats v dogs
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

as you can see a drop in the figure when no Adelaide team playing..
and that is from Afternoon, to primetime. (port losing)
to top of table clash

the same would of been for perth.
if watching the Melbourne game
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

I disagree. The freo game was in the afternoon Melbourne time, not the evening. The evening game was dogs v cats only
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Xman wrote:
I disagree. The freo game was in the afternoon Melbourne time, not the evening. The evening game was dogs v cats only
How than were there ratings for Perth In the Arvo game and in the night game?
http://www.afl.com.au/broadcastguide

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
How than were there ratings for Perth In the Arvo game and in the night game?
Well media week must be calling a 2pm game a night game. Therefore Perth didnt even get a game in the evening
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

But but but Media spy and Tv tonight have made the same mistake :roll:

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
The game was played in Perth at 2.30pm. How is that a night game?
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
The game was played in Perth at 2.30pm. How is that a night game?
it was delayed into perth..

started at 2:30pm started on 7 at 4:30

so lets start again

that Melbourne game Cats v Dogs was

at TV #AFL Night Seven 376k (Mel 299k Ade 77k)
7mate 139k (Syd 28k Bri 20k Per 91k) Minus perth figure)
Fox 249k
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

So still not in prime time, plus on delay by 2 hours...no surprise it didnt rate
Darren
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Waratahs

Post by Darren »

Poor old Xman, I feel sorry for him. He's either a clueless AFL tragic or he is on Silly Gilly's payroll and is paid to come onto these sites and spin rubbish.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Darren wrote:
Poor old Xman, I feel sorry for him. He's either a clueless AFL tragic or he is on Silly Gilly's payroll and is paid to come onto these sites and spin rubbish.
Your sympathy is misplaced. The AFL have all the top rating home and away games for the year again