NRL Players not up to the standard required for AFL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Truthsayer
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Truthsayer »

That was a very childish response.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Truthsayer wrote:
You should be catering for all common denominators, not just the lowest. Single words sentences fail to do that. It leads to miscommunications and that is your responsibility. Why is it so difficult for you to accept that you contributed to the issue at hand?
This is the most dribble I've seen in such a short post in a long time. WTF is this shiit!

Mark's single word sentences puntuated his points perfectly!

Jesus christ this bloke has the hide of an elephant and the brain of a goose. You're all over the shop truthslayer. Seriously you gotta stop trying to sound intelligent. You have a vocab but have no idea how to use the words. Its just really a guy in an armani suit sneezing so hard that, he defecates on his trousers and lobs a massive green blob of phlegm :puke: over his jacket.

Just really off Truthslayer :sick:

And before you retort, please remember what happened when you fukked up last time with the words adversive and adversives :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Truthsayer

Post by Truthsayer »

If I have the brain of a goose, then I suggest that you have the brain of a flea, Mr Eliagh. If you are unable to follow what I am stating then my feelings regarding your education level are well and truly vindicated.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:
& Mr Khunt is laughing all the way to the bank with his 3 million dollars

" how dumb & desperate are these F.uckers " he'd be saying
they had to have an NRL player such is the lack of interest in their code
didn't matter he can't play their stupid fumbleathon game
Stop trying to change the subject. Fact remains, Rugby League players are clearly not up to the standard required in the AFL. Fitness levels are clearly superior in the AFL. Lets never again hear a throwball fan suggest that anyone can play and be a success at Australian Football. :roll:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I honestly believe Khunt isnt really in it for the game beaussie. The guy is a bloody clown and was off travelling the globe when he shoulda been training hard. If I were him I wouldnt have been off filiming in Paris, pretending I'm some superstar of the game when I could have been back in the country training wih team mates. You dont see Israel running off to Europe now do you?

So lets just wait and see Beaussie. Khunt is an idiot and not in it for the game. Raider and everyone else knows he's just after the coin. I'm confident most League players easily have the fitness to last a season. Hunt's just taking a break because he know's the fans are laughing at him and because the idiot didnt put in the effort. I hope he doesnt come back to league.

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Truthsayer wrote:
If I have the brain of a goose, then I suggest that you have the brain of a flea, Mr Eliagh. If you are unable to follow what I am stating then my feelings regarding your education level are well and truly vindicated.
Truthslayer you stated Mark's use of a one word sentence was confusing. Do you follow what I'm saying? Yes? Or no?

:lol:

By the way I think, up until riiiiiiiight NOW this post "catered for all common denominators, not just the lowest."

:_<>

:\:

xman wrote:
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Beau can we just say it has to be a matter of horses for courses. Different athletes from different sports require a different type of fitness. Just because there is a similar shaped ball involved it does not mean that the similar type of fitness is required.

If we take it that all athletes require the same type of fitness, how do we compare the fitness of say a sprinter with a long distance runner, how do we compare the fitness of a high jumper with a long jumper, you can't. Each sport has certain physical requirements that participants need to perform at the top level.

The AFL player jumps higher and may be more like your endurance athlete whereas the NRL player has to have more physicality and have that fast twitch muscle response where things are happening faster and to a degree more unpredictably.

This is where the AFL made the mistake, in essence they where trying to turn a sprinter into a long distance runner. A failure on their part not to recognize it.

Don't forget they have paid this guy loads of money, more money than he would have earned playing NRL. He is a professional athlete, you don't have to love the game to play the game. Of course he is going to take the money if its offered. A lot would, maybe 25% as a recent survey stated.

I do recall there being players from the AFL being recruited to play in the NFL in America. The difference there is they are recruited to do one particular task, kick. They are good at that. They may not love the game but like we said they are professional athletes and they do what they do for money. Love of the sport brings them into a game but the money can put that to the side.

"Lets never again hear a throwball fan suggest that anyone can play and be a success at Australian Football."

Lets say the reverse is also true.Lets never again hear a fumbleball fan suggest that anyone can play and be a success at Rugby League.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I tend to disagree with you here Mark. I agree that a LEague player will need to have a high level of power and strength compared to the Aussie Rules player's endurance. However one can retrain and build their level of endurance quite considerable in less than 6 months. So why cant Karmichael? Because he doesnt have the ticker and he's a gold digger.

Now when an AFL player wants to switch to League, yes they can do all the training and get in shape for it but they must also learn the art of tackling someone who is 105kg's, extremely powerful and intending to run over the top of you. This doesnt happen in the AFL and it requires a completely different skill as well as the virtue of bravery. So in my opinion, a League player can convert, an AFL player cant. This is at the top level of course.

xman wrote:
Truthsayer

Post by Truthsayer »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Truthsayer wrote:
Truthslayer you stated Mark's use of a one word sentence was confusing. Do you follow what I'm saying? Yes? Or no?

:lol:

By the way I think, up until riiiiiiiight NOW this post "catered for all common denominators, not just the lowest."

:_<>

:\:
Kindly cease trying to convince me that you are well educated, because you are failing to do so very badly. In particular with this poorly worded reply.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
& Mr Khunt is laughing all the way to the bank with his 3 million dollars

" how dumb & desperate are these F.uckers " he'd be saying
they had to have an NRL player such is the lack of interest in their code
didn't matter he can't play their stupid fumbleathon game
Stop trying to change the subject. Fact remains, Rugby League players are clearly not up to the standard required in the AFL. Fitness levels are clearly superior in the AFL. Lets never again hear a throwball fan suggest that anyone can play and be a success at Australian Football. :roll:
Oh really ... then again please explain why the AFL thought otherwise & were prepared to put 3 Million dollars where their rather large mouths were

were they sadly mistaken beaussie ?
were they deluded ?
were they desperate ?

is the AFL run by a pack of clowns .. because it looks like it based on the money spent & what you just said .. doesn't it ?

please explain ? :wink:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:
I honestly believe Khunt isnt really in it for the game beaussie. The guy is a bloody clown and was off travelling the globe when he shoulda been training hard. If I were him I wouldnt have been off filiming in Paris, pretending I'm some superstar of the game when I could have been back in the country training wih team mates. You dont see Israel running off to Europe now do you?

So lets just wait and see Beaussie. Khunt is an idiot and not in it for the game. Raider and everyone else knows he's just after the coin. I'm confident most League players easily have the fitness to last a season. Hunt's just taking a break because he know's the fans are laughing at him and because the idiot didnt put in the effort. I hope he doesnt come back to league.
of course they do E
they have a different kind of fitness granted
the fact AFL players are interchanged 100 times in a game & NRL players are restricted to 10 shows who have a tougher time of it

AFL players ponce on ... & ponce off in a procession without having touched the friggin ball in a lot of cases 8-[
its ridiculous

as you eluded too above .....1 set in D in an NRL match.. having to contend with Fui Fui .. Dave Taylor & Manu Vatuvai charging at them .. & this lot would be poncing off .. into the dressing sheds .. picking up their gear ... & poncing off home :wink:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes I agree with the poncing on and off part. It's a bit off how often they seem to interchange. And I also agree with the one set in defence against a Fui Fui Moi Moi :lol:

Could you imagine Judd or Ablett trying to pull him down? 8-[ [-o<

xman wrote:
Truthsayer

Post by Truthsayer »

I can certainly imagine this, Mr Eliagh. Judd in particular would take down any rugby league player and convincingly.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Yes I agree with the poncing on and off part. It's a bit off how often they seem to interchange. And I also agree with the one set in defence against a Fui Fui Moi Moi :lol:

Could you imagine Judd or Ablett trying to pull him down? 8-[ [-o<
Could you imagine that fat fuck Fui Fui trying to chase down an AFL player. Hilarious. The fat fucker would need to be taken from the field in an ambulance.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hahaha yes I agree Fui Fui would have trouble chasing an AFL player. But Billy SLater on the other hand would round any AFL player up and run rings around them :wink:

League has a great diversity of players. And Truthslayer Judd tackling any Rugby League player convincingly :lol: Thats just funny

xman wrote: