Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Is Eddie telling us collingwood are one of the many...

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:04 pm
90 - down from 120 :lol:

As thread creator I am quite happy for this to be now becoming the central theme. :lol:

It's really quite incredible when you think about it , isn't it :lol: then they reckon they need to throw in some performance enhancers to boot! What wimps the modern afl players are. :lol:
Given there are 22 players in a side and the game goes for around 120 minutes the number of breaks per player only equates to about 5 each, or nearly one per 30 minute quarter. This is quite reasonable given the running they do.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

And then there's all the ball ups and ball ins and all the behinds :lol:

But lemme be honest. The first few games I played of marngrook I did find myself running out of puff a bit towards the end of the first half but it only took a few weeks to get the match fitness there. Rl and union were less puffy but overall physically so much more demanding on so many more of the body's muscles.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:29 pm

But lemme be honest. The first few games I played of marngrook I did find myself running out of puff a bit towards the end of the first half but it only took a few weeks to get the match fitness there. Rl and union were less puffy but overall physically so much more demanding on so many more of the body's muscles.
You think players just stand still during stoppages? Oh my

Furthermore youve got no hope if you compare the fitness and running in local comps to the AFL lol
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:03 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:29 pm

You think players just stand still during stoppages? Oh my

Furthermore youve got no hope if you compare the fitness and running in local comps to the AFL lol
Members and guests, please view the video at exhibit a and make up ur own mind whether KE's on the money yet again with his assertion that ball ins give afl players a rest.

Exhibit (a)

:lol: I 'rest' my case :(/

Nlol, you've never played footy have ya? You should pay attention to what I say from now on ok? I know best :rofl: :bounce: :compress: :bounce: :rofl:

:\:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

A throw in is like 10 seconds where the players in the vicinity of the ball take their position while itber players adjust structure. Add all the videos you like but anyone who plays or watches knows the truth
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: he's struggling with reality again the poor duffer!!

Ball ins, of which there are plenty of in every afl match give the vast majority of players about 30seconds of rest. Just watch the video folks. It goes for 20seconds, it starts prob about 20seconds after the ball actually flew out, and almost every player on the field is walking it out for the full 20second video.

KE - shoving the truth down ignorant afl supporters gullets on tf since '04 :lol:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:54 pm
:lol: he's struggling with reality again the poor duffer!!

Ball ins, of which there are plenty of in every afl match give the vast majority of players about 30seconds of rest. Just watch the video folks. It goes for 20seconds, it starts prob about 20seconds after the ball actually flew out, and almost every player on the field is walking it out for the full 20second video.

KE - shoving the truth down ignorant afl supporters gullets on tf since '04 :lol:
Lol not sure what video you were watching but it clearly wasnt this one. It starts with the umpire throwing the ball in and the closest player running towards the contest. There aure iant any breaks
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

:(/ :(/ :(/
120m of actual play.
30 min of rest and 90 interchanges [-(

Is it any wonder these ATHLETES need extra gold posts and get a penalty if they manage to catch the ball. :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:10 pm
:(/ :(/ :(/
120m of actual play.
30 min of rest and 90 interchanges [-(

Is it any wonder these ATHLETES need extra gold posts and get a penalty if they manage to catch the ball. :(/
Afl players run for far more distance than nrl players. Breaks enable them to keep it up. Other sports like basketball, ice hockey and gridiron also have regular breaks despite being finally tuned athletes
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

According to the online question site the average for a mid fielder is 11.2 K, some pounce up and down the field 15k :hmm: and how often are they run on and off the field? half a dozen times?? Normal people cover that much territory when there batteries run out in there remotes and have to get up and down to operate there tv manually.

Rugby league players don't travel that far . Naturally. because they usually have 2 or 3 other blokes hanging of there backs. And there lucky to be replaced once. there sure as hell not run on and off 6 or 7 times [-(

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: this thread is turning out to be quite wonderful.

Ok let's get an analysis going here... so the tv footage tells us that most players ( I didn't count the many walkers n the YouTube ball up vid but it'd be about 85% of all on the field) get a 30 seconds rest/walky time each ball in. Having played and watched heaps of marngrook I'm gunna suggest there's an average of at least 20 ball ins in every game. That's 10mins walky time :lol:

Add to that the ball ups. I'm gunna say there's an average of at least 20 of those too! That's another ten mins walky time :lol:

We are at 20mins walky time now.

Add to that goals. Ok avg goals in each marngrook game would be around 20 also. And they get at least 30 seconds walky time, actually no it's def a minute there so that's another 20mins walky time for the players.

:lol: we are now at 40mins walky time!

But wait, there's more. Behinds :lol: those times where the kicker can't kick straight :lol: I'm gunna be kind and say he avg total behinds are 16 at 30 seconds of walky time per behind.. That's another 8mins walky time! :lol:

So in total afl stoppages alone create a minimum of 48 minutes of beautiful time for the players to walky about, and some of them walk quite briskly too. Let's see, in 48 minutes a good walker could walky about 6 kilometres. :lol:

I agree with Eddie! Give me back their 120 interchanges!

:(/

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Alright folks, it's KE's new quiz of the week! :\: we now all know that afl players play 120 minutes of footy and walk about 48 mins or 6ks in competition each week!

Sooooooo lets play .... Drum roll please.... olympic walker or afl player!?!?! :\:

Alrighty peeps, gimme ur answers! :D:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:25 pm
According to the online question site the average for a mid fielder is 11.2 K, some pounce up and down the field 15k :hmm: and how often are they run on and off the field? half a dozen times?? Normal people cover that much territory when there batteries run out in there remotes and have to get up and down to operate there tv manually.

Rugby league players don't travel that far . Naturally. because they usually have 2 or 3 other blokes hanging of there backs. And there lucky to be replaced once. there sure as hell not run on and off 6 or 7 times [-(
According to an ex NRL player and now doctor NRL players are lucky to cover a few kms. Most of it looks like slow paced jogging or walking. No wonder they dont need breaks, most of the game is played at a break intensity.

"Physically, AFL is a two-hour running game where two things happen,'' says Gibbs. ''Firstly, the total distance you run is further than in an NRL game. Secondly, you run at a higher intensity during the game. AFL is a man-on-man game. You have to go with your opponent".
"In rugby league, there are lots of times you can have a rest. You can sit in the defensive line where the ball isn't. Folau will have to lose weight to run better. He doesn't need all his size.'' Similarly, Inglis would have to sacrifice weight for running capacity. The Storm are encouraging Inglis to run two kilometres a game. In AFL, he must run 14km."
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... -z9q3.html
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:25 am
pussycat wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:25 pm

According to an ex NRL player and now doctor NRL players are lucky to cover a few kms. Most of it looks like slow paced jogging or walking. No wonder they dont need breaks, most of the game is played at a break intensity.

"Physically, AFL is a two-hour running game where two things happen,'' says Gibbs. ''Firstly, the total distance you run is further than in an NRL game. Secondly, you run at a higher intensity during the game. AFL is a man-on-man game. You have to go with your opponent".
"In rugby league, there are lots of times you can have a rest. You can sit in the defensive line where the ball isn't. Folau will have to lose weight to run better. He doesn't need all his size.'' Similarly, Inglis would have to sacrifice weight for running capacity. The Storm are encouraging Inglis to run two kilometres a game. In AFL, he must run 14km."
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... -z9q3.html
They hooked up one of the players during the last Origin game 7k (replaced once) and made over 50 tackles.

AFL might be a 2 hour game ie. they may waltz and twirl around the field for 2 hours but - unlike league , they have 3 rest periods(one for 20min) and are replaced 6 or 7 times. So in essence there not athletes - there over paid bludgers.

You lose /gain weight to run faster/stronger not longer

And why would the Storm encourage Inglis to do anything? he play for Souths?

post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Post by post_hoc »

Football midfielders run about 11-12 km per game, no interchange, little to no breaks, constant moving transition from defense into attack. So sorry but you AFL players having a whinge about running and needing a break.

From a social football perspective, I have runners social runners, that run half marathons, that run for fitness daily, they play a social game and ALWAYS come off puffing, sore and amazed at how tiring it is.
Ive had people who played AFL come and play weekend with my team and they always end up tired after the first 20 and always end up inured, always calf and hamstring.
Former Rugby players seem to handle the stamina side the best, they keep running, might not be quick, but a rugby player is always moving. But they often they twinge the hamstring because of the sudden change in direction required
The players that do best are actually touch football players, they run, they can change direction, the short sprints followed by the slower moving recovery seems to dovetail with Football
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined