Johns out for two weeks

Rugby League news and discussion.
kidknee2
Team:
Been liked: 0

Johns out for two weeks

Post by kidknee2 »

Sonny Bill Williams has pleaded to a "reckless" tackle but reckons he could have got away with a "careless" tackle. Bulldogs staff are complaining about 11 incidents.

They reckon it iwas a bit rough being sent off cos Johns was concussed. The Bulldogs staff also reckon that it set a 'precedent'. Does that mean if you have a reckless tackle, you're off... or do you need to concuss someone to be sent off.

What do you think?

Anyway, Knights doctor says Johns is out for two weeks... Williams out for two weeks.... Just a coincidence.... I think.

Cheers
ASmithy
Team:

Post by ASmithy »

Joey or no Joey, concussed or not concussed, who ever Sonny would have hit in that tackel, would have really hurt the player, it was late, wide and very reckles, Sonny should have outed for up to 4 to 6 weeks.
This placed the Knights into a scramble and they played with no direction and should of been penalised more, they were very lucky to get away with it.
In saying that, the Dog's must tackle more carefull then careless.
I can understand the Knights playing the way they did, due to all the pre training with Joey and after 4mins of play, no leadership or direction, lucky Kurt was there.
kidknee2
Team:

Johns out for two weeks

Post by kidknee2 »

Asmithy, good point about the tacke. I heard that Sonny reportedly said to the ref "I got there as soon as I could"....

The idea of Sonny pleading guilty was to reduce the chance of the 4-6 week outing.

Cheers.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Although I was just browsing headlines on the train today, I did notice the big headline and graphic showing how many games Newcastle have lost without Johns in the side. Was quite a list that surprised me. If the tackle is deemed reckless then Sonny should sit out a few I think.