The best footy club over the past 5 years?

Australian Football news and discussion.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

The best footy club over the past 5 years?

Post by Fred »

Who do people think is the best footy club over the past 5 years? When you look at feelings win loss ratio they would have to be right up there. Hawthorn have been good but missed the finals in 2009. Sydney have also been good however I still go for Geelong.
Veni, vidi, vici
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Re: The best footy club over the past 5 years?

Post by 214Four »

For the AFL i would say Geelong and for the NRL i would have to say Manly (they probably have pipped the storm during this 2013 finals series.)

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Statistically it's out of Geelong and Collingwood, because they are the only two teams to have played finals in all five seasons. Geelong won two flags and Collingwood one and while both teams only missed the top four once in the same period, Collingwood finished fourth twice and Geelong finished third. So Geelong wins statistically.

Who gives a [beep!] about thugby?? This is the AFL board!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

TLPG wrote:
Statistically it's out of Geelong and Collingwood, because they are the only two teams to have played finals in all five seasons. Geelong won two flags and Collingwood one and while both teams only missed the top four once in the same period, Collingwood finished fourth twice and Geelong finished third. So Geelong wins statistically.

Clearly Geelong - I think one of the other points is even when they changed coaches it didn't affect their performance - whereas Collingwood had more issues that I think spilled over into the playing group - so in that difference only I choose Geelong with Collingwood second, Hawthorn 3rd Sydney 4th - all very close out of last 10 years I'd say still Geelong 1st Sydney/Hawks tie and Collingwood 4th.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

Over the last ten years we've basically had two eras. At the beginning it was Brisbane who were dominant, then it went to Sydney and the West Coast Eagles. So it's hard to compare I think.
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
grandpop
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by grandpop »

I would have to agree with those who pick Geelong. More than any other club, they look like they can win any game they play.
geppo
Team:

Post by geppo »

I would have to say Geelong by far and it looks like it will be another successful one this year.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

Swans4ever wrote:
TLPG wrote:

Clearly Geelong - I think one of the other points is even when they changed coaches it didn't affect their performance - whereas Collingwood had more issues that I think spilled over into the playing group - so in that difference only I choose Geelong with Collingwood second, Hawthorn 3rd Sydney 4th - all very close out of last 10 years I'd say still Geelong 1st Sydney/Hawks tie and Collingwood 4th.
If you include Brisbane were talking last 15 years aren't we?
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS