See tokenism is alive and well at Brownlow time

Australian Football news and discussion.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

See tokenism is alive and well at Brownlow time

Post by Grim Reaper »

Geez who would have thought. Our non-elected self appointed leader from the National Invisible Council Adam 'I am your leader' Goodes wins the VICTORIAN medal called the Brownlow.

Well done to the AFL in getting in first as now the NRL will have to give their medal next year to that fellow National Indigneous Council 'leader' Widders for his role model antics.

Just goes to show how tokenistic gestures go a long way in sport. Oh by the way I loved his hypocrisy by having a white chick by his side....You can't be a true 'black leader' without the enemy next to you!
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

#-o
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Exaclty.....disgusting!
Trinna
Team:

Post by Trinna »

I still want someone to explain how Scott West can get over 35 possessions in the second Richmond v Bulldogs game for the season and not score a single vote :x
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

He was not a Swan thats why...the AFL is jumping on the Swans bandwagon yet again!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Trinna wrote:
I still want someone to explain how Scott West can get over 35 possessions in the second Richmond v Bulldogs game for the season and not score a single vote :x
I was thinking West was a certainty to get at least one vote and end up at the very least sharing the spoils with Goodes. Funny how those counts go right to the wire in the last rounds. Would have been good to see a bloke like West win as well. Did I hear right that he has now finished in the top four placings for the fifth time and this was his second time as runner up?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Grim Reaper wrote:
He was not a Swan thats why...the AFL is jumping on the Swans bandwagon yet again!
Pfftt. :roll:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

I think Warwick Capper in todays' Daily Telegraph has the answers to all our questions!
The Portonian
Team:

Post by The Portonian »

Top Five Good Things About This Years Brownlow

1. Wasn't won purely on the basis of "possessions" for a change, it was won on game influence over a whole season.

2. No dual winners yet again, thank god!

3. No Sam Neuman interaction!

4. erm...nothing comes to mind

5. hrm..seems there was only 3 good things about the night afterall

Top Five Bad Things About This Years Brownlow

1. The Umpires are still in charge of determining the winner, hells, they can barely cope with enforcing the rules on the field let along judging the best players each match.

2. Quartermain as MC, Quartermain thinking he is actually funny.

3. Red carpet "Hollywood" fashion bullshit, it's an award ceremony for the players of the game for fucks sake, not a quasi E! show.

4. Peter Hellier, for christs sake, if you want comedy, get a real freaking comedian, not a Rove puppet.

5. So many high vote getters were mere possession gatherers, possessions only count if they are effective and influential, might as well set the Brownlow for midfielders only. Hevean help you if you play as a key position player in defense or attack.