THEY DID IT!!!

Australian Football news and discussion.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

THEY DID IT!!!

Post by TLPG »

I could not believe my eyes!

6.4 to 0.4 in the final quarter at the Sydney Showgrounds. No, not the Swans way - the GIANTS way!! 32 point victors in a monumental upset!

This was a very different West Sydney to the last two seasons. The experience injected was showing, but what was showing even more was the tackling. It was intense, and on the money. The Swans didn't know what hit them!

So I can safely say at this point that next round in two weeks, they'll make it two in a row - and there is NO WAY they will get the wooden spoon!

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: THEY DID IT!!!

Post by Beaussie »

Still getting my head around what happened. Good on the Giants. Totally outplayed us in the last qtr in particular. Was very strange feeling leaving Spotless Stadium on Saturday with the Giants club song blarring and shellshocked looks on Swans supporters everywhere I turned. Train back to city was very quiet.

The rivalry is starting to take shape now. No doubt about it. Atmosphere created by Giants and Swans fans in the last qtr was amazing.
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 0

Post by NRLCrap1 »

You were there, Beaussie? What was it like when the game was stopped because of the weather?
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

NRLCrap1 wrote:
You were there, Beaussie? What was it like when the game was stopped because of the weather?
Yeah mate, I was there. Storm was scary. Roof of stadium was hit by lightening. Rain was crazy too along with thunder. Poor little Irish girls had to perform in the players race at qtr time as it was too dangerous out on the field. Everyone including the players ran for cover. Saw lots of people sadly heading home at qtr time absolutely drenched. They missed what turned out to be a very memorable game. So glad I got grandstand seats under cover. Atmosphere in last qtr was amazing with swans and giants fans chanting loudly. Gave a real good insight into the massive potential and future of this local derby. I've no doubt in years to come this derby will need to return to the much bigger ANZ Stadium.