Lame Lions

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Lame Lions

Post by Beaussie »

How pathetic was that effort at the Gabba last night against the previously winless Tigers?

Uncharacteristic turnovers all night, even Voss with his kick out of bounds on the full in the 3rd quarter. Brennan is overrated too if you ask me with a set shot for goal turnover that resulted in a Richmond goal. And how about Jonathan Brown, he didn't do much all night either. That other forward for the Lions, Merritt can't even take a mark.

Brisbane are officially in a re-buliding phase and Leigh Mathews must be worried about season 06. I think it was Malcom Blight who said during the commentary last night that finals for the Lions this season ain't going to happen, despite it only being round 4. Next stop for the Lions, Subiaco against the Eagles. They'll get slaughtered over there. :lol:

KE I'd jump at the wager with Croc if I was you after watching the Lion's performance last night. So much for the once known "Gabbatoir" as a home venue. :roll:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Lame Lions

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie wrote:
How pathetic was that effort at the Gabba last night against the previously winless Tigers?

Uncharacteristic turnovers all night, even Voss with his kick out of bounds on the full in the 3rd quarter.
Uncharacteristic? The lions have been playing this type of footy for over a season now beaussie and your resident prophet KE has been happy to predict and state it before it all happened. :)

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Lame Lions

Post by crocodileman »

Beaussie wrote:
I'd say their effort was slightly better than Sydney's loss to the previously winless Demons!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Cheer Cheer the Black and the White
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Perhaps as the commentators commented today, some of us may have been a little premature in our assessments of the Lions in 06. Then again, today's victory was against the so-called Power. Are the Lions back on track in 06?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Commentators! They know nothing beaussie. Look there's a reason I'm on top of the afl tipping comp and that is i know whats going on without reading the papers or watching the matches. Dont ask me how, its just a talent i have.

The lions this year will slump to even lower depths than I successfully predicted last year...mark my words!

xman wrote:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Yeah those Bears were real lame against Port!
SBR
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by SBR »

Beat a travelling Fremantle today, doesn't really prove much.. Brown and Bradshaw have hit form.. but i don't think they'll worry the stronger sides.
Carn The Crows!
Double Blues SFC!

Macca You Bloody Legend!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Should be interesting this Saturday night against Collingwood at the G. The Pies wanna hope they can keep Brown in particular under control. The Lions are starting to look impressive. But point taken SBR, it was only Freo on the road. The Pies this week will be the real test for the Lions.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Thats right. The lions may win a couple against soft opposition but as soon as it comes to the test they will lack speed, consistency, and skill. Just wait and see. :D

xman wrote:
SBR
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by SBR »

Don't think they'll be able to take Collingwood at the G, even without Tarrant.
Carn The Crows!
Double Blues SFC!

Macca You Bloody Legend!
beachlover
Team:

Post by beachlover »

Yep, Brisbane had no competition.
It seems that when I rated them, they were hopeless, then when I wrote them off they came good.
Using that logic, I'll state for the record that the wet toast egirl, chardonnay drinking, yuppy, leave if your team is losing, arrogant canaries can't be beaten for the rest of the year and will thrive without Chris Judd.
As for Freo, life is good, but footy is a soap opera. :wink:
life is good. Freo forever!