Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Anasta is a Green and Gold Shoo in

Post by Scorger Man »

Iddy biddy Ricky is talking of switching Lockyer back to full back for the ANZAC test against the Kiwis. By doing this is leaves the 5/8 position open. Is there really going to be a choice? "Batter up" Braith will forsure get the job, after all he's now a rooter. I'm absolutely sick to death of the Australian/Rooters selection panel, to the point that I am now declaring something that I wouldn't ever have declared in the past, I am officially in support of the Kiwis. Not only do they have the best 5/8 in the world in Benji (which will be great to see him make an absolute fool of Anasta) but take us back to last year after the GF, the Kiwis had more GF players from both teams then Australia did and then look at what happened in the England. Australia you are the weakest link.....Goodbye
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Kiwis are cool....CHOICE!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Anasta is a Green and Gold Shoo in

Post by Beaussie »

Scorger Man wrote:
Iddy biddy Ricky is talking of switching Lockyer back to full back for the ANZAC test against the Kiwis. By doing this is leaves the 5/8 position open. Is there really going to be a choice? "Batter up" Braith will forsure get the job, after all he's now a rooter. I'm absolutely sick to death of the Australian/Rooters selection panel, to the point that I am now declaring something that I wouldn't ever have declared in the past, I am officially in support of the Kiwis. Not only do they have the best 5/8 in the world in Benji (which will be great to see him make an absolute fool of Anasta) but take us back to last year after the GF, the Kiwis had more GF players from both teams then Australia did and then look at what happened in the England. Australia you are the weakest link.....Goodbye
Why are you so anti Ricky? His record with the Kangaroos is very good I would have thought. Anasta from what I've seen and read is also a fantastic 5/8. Are you suggesting that just because he plays for the Roosters, he shouldn't be picked because it may appear to show some bias on the part of Ricky Stuart? :?
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

Its funny that Ricky is gunna screw over Mini ( one of he's other players) by putting Lockyer back to fullback though?? :?
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers

Post by Scorger Man »

Beaussie wrote:
Why are you so anti Ricky? His record with the Kangaroos is very good I would have thought. Anasta from what I've seen and read is also a fantastic 5/8. Are you suggesting that just because he plays for the Roosters, he shouldn't be picked because it may appear to show some bias on the part of Ricky Stuart? :?
!. Why am I so Anti Ricky?

It's a personal thing with me, when he was playing with the Raiders he racially abused an old school mate of mine who had just got himself a contract with the Raiders. Ricky got shown up at training so he got racial for which he got a punch in the head for. My mate was then sacked from the raiders and iddy boy got off virtually scott free. Also, as I have commented on before, his constant whinging and bitching in post match interviews. It's like drilling a hole in your head with a bottle opener, a very slow painfull process because it's never his or his teams fault, it's the referees or the linesmans or the video refs or the oppositions or the.....

2. His record with the Kangaroos is very good I would have thought.

That fact has yet to be seen Beaussie as he hasn't coached the Australian team in a match yet.

3. Anasta from what I've seen and read is also a fantastic 5/8

Anasta is one of the most overrated players in the game. If it wasn't for his Uncle George (Piggins) he wouldn't have had half the exposure he has received. Also, the fact that he has the biggest hissy fits when he gets tackled doesn't work with me either.

4. Are you suggesting that just because he plays for the Roosters, he shouldn't be picked because it may appear to show some bias on the part of Ricky Stuart?

No Beaussie I'm not, what I am saying is that the player who generally is the better player should fill the position who I would say would be, in the absence of Darren Lockyer, Trent Barrett or Scott Hill. What I am also saying is that the Australian Selection panel is fighting to keep the chicken feathers from coming out from under their suits as it wouldn't matter where the rooters came on the NRL ladder you'll always find at least 2 in the Australian team.I don't recall any rooters playing in the grand final last year did you and yet they had at least three that I can think of in the tri series playing for Australia later that year.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Scorger Man wrote:
!. Why am I so Anti Ricky?

It's a personal thing with me, when he was playing with the Raiders he racially abused an old school mate of mine who had just got himself a contract with the Raiders. Ricky got shown up at training so he got racial for which he got a punch in the head for. My mate was then sacked from the raiders and iddy boy got off virtually scott free. Also, as I have commented on before, his constant whinging and bitching in post match interviews. It's like drilling a hole in your head with a bottle opener, a very slow painfull process because it's never his or his teams fault, it's the referees or the linesmans or the video refs or the oppositions or the.....
Fair enough.
Scorger Man wrote:
2. His record with the Kangaroos is very good I would have thought.

That fact has yet to be seen Beaussie as he hasn't coached the Australian team in a match yet.
Whoops. Shows how much I know about International RL. :oops:
Scorger Man wrote:
3. Anasta from what I've seen and read is also a fantastic 5/8

Anasta is one of the most overrated players in the game. If it wasn't for his Uncle George (Piggins) he wouldn't have had half the exposure he has received. Also, the fact that he has the biggest hissy fits when he gets tackled doesn't work with me either.
Oh please. I'm sure the Bulldogs and now the Roosters don't see it that way.
Scorger Man wrote:
4. Are you suggesting that just because he plays for the Roosters, he shouldn't be picked because it may appear to show some bias on the part of Ricky Stuart?

No Beaussie I'm not, what I am saying is that the player who generally is the better player should fill the position who I would say would be, in the absence of Darren Lockyer, Trent Barrett or Scott Hill. What I am also saying is that the Australian Selection panel is fighting to keep the chicken feathers from coming out from under their suits as it wouldn't matter where the rooters came on the NRL ladder you'll always find at least 2 in the Australian team.I don't recall any rooters playing in the grand final last year did you and yet they had at least three that I can think of in the tri series playing for Australia later that year.
The Roosters having players picked despite ladder positions wouldn't have anything to do with their chequebook recruiting practices? They've got heaps of money to recruit the best haven't they? I've heard they don't develop their own juniors, they just buy them. With the Packers and Fairfax etc involved with the club, it's hardly surprising if true.