Rugby League news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Crowd Violence at Bulldogs Games

Post by Beaussie »

It's been said the Bulldogs should play in front of empty stadiums. Others have suggested no night games for the Bulldogs or more Police and crowd security at games.

Well what's the answer to the continual violence that is so apparent at Bulldogs NRL games? Certainly not a good image for the game of Rugby League and would have the administration more than a bit concerned, particularly when you see people in the paper saying their kids were struck with bottles and they'll never return to an NRL game again.

Does the NRL need to strip the Bulldogs of premiership points to get the club to take the issue seriously?
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by Willis 21 »

Compared to soccer hooligans in Europe ( anyone see the pitch invasion during Fulham v Chelsea earlier this week,stabbings in Rome last week...) the Bulldogs fans are amateurs!!
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

The Bulldogs are harmless, it's the other wimpy NRL teams that are the sooks and wimps!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

You both appear to be saying the violence at Bulldogs games isn't all that serious. Willis I'm most surprised with you as I would have thought you'd wanna see the thugs removed from the game. You don't think it will affect crowd numbers and the overall image of attending an NRL game? It shouldn't matter that it isn't of the same nature as soccer crowd violence, the fact that it is happening on a continual basis should be concern enough. Last Friday night's game was supposed to be a celebration of Harmony Day as well. :roll:
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

Look, its not good what is happening at Bulldogs games, but for people to suggest that they should be playing in front of empty stadiums.... please :roll:

Given what has happened in Cronulla recently, the problems at the Bulldogs games are problems that the whole of Sydney are facing, its not an NRL thing...

Even so, as I have said, we are still a long way from European football violence, and not too many of those games are being played in front of empty stadiums...

Obviously improve the security though...
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

I can't wait to see the Bulldogs smash the racist scum from Cronulla....but as usual people will want to protect the rednecks here
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Willis 21 wrote:
Look, its not good what is happening at Bulldogs games, but for people to suggest that they should be playing in front of empty stadiums.... please :roll:
I'm not suggesting that either, merely pointing out what I think a Parramatta player said on the news the other night. I do think however that they shouldn't be playing night games. The violence seems to always happen at their night games.
Willis 21 wrote:
Given what has happened in Cronulla recently, the problems at the Bulldogs games are problems that the whole of Sydney are facing, its not an NRL thing...
The problems with crowd violence at Bulldogs games has been happening for a few years now... well before the violence we saw at Cronulla.
Willis 21 wrote:
Even so, as I have said, we are still a long way from European football violence, and not too many of those games are being played in front of empty stadiums...
True
Willis 21 wrote:
Obviously improve the security though...
Agreed and no more night games.