Where's the AFL Links.com link on our homepage?

For all the latest forum/site updates, suggestions and news.
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

afl links wrote:
afl links wrote:
Thanks, I don't think I can block the IP but I'll try and remove the comments section. The problem with ranking by unique hits is that it counts unique hits by page, so people can put the tracking/voting box on every page on their site and it ends up ranking the site with the most pages, rather than the most popular.
I've removed the comments section altogether. Happy for AFL online to rejoin, you were one of our top ranked sites.
Why would anyone bother to even access AFLLinks now? It seems to me that the only people logging onto the site were those posting insulting comments and then others responding in kind. Seemed it catered to a market - now there are about 30 active sites over there and Talking Footy is consistently in the Top 5 despite often not getting posters each and every day!

What's even funnier is the administration have put up a link for individuals to donate money (via paypal) to keep the site going!! Funny stuff.

Surely they should be able to ban any offending IP's just as most sites can?
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
afl links its not me posting those posts. I'm barely online nowadays anyway but i do find it very flattering to see someone impersonating me. Perhaps they love me? They certainly have read alot of my posts. I'm guessing its either crocman or one of the countless women who've become obsessed with me.
Come on King - as a teacher you should know better than to display your bias to others, particularly when you have no credible information to substantiate your claims.

I've no doubt it was you - why would anyone impersonate you? Are you really that important or worthy of duplicity? I think not!

I did notice a e-mail address on there under your nic. Can we find out who the address is registered to? I'm guessing it's a guy who's name starts with "J" and rhymmes with "NO!"

:lol:

All part of a conspiracy theory I suppose!! :lol:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

It really irks you that you no longer have the ability to impersonate members from here when posting comments at AFL Links doesn't it. You're so pathetic.
afl links
Team:

Post by afl links »

crocodileman wrote:
afl links wrote:
afl links wrote:
Thanks, I don't think I can block the IP but I'll try and remove the comments section. The problem with ranking by unique hits is that it counts unique hits by page, so people can put the tracking/voting box on every page on their site and it ends up ranking the site with the most pages, rather than the most popular.
I've removed the comments section altogether. Happy for AFL online to rejoin, you were one of our top ranked sites.
Why would anyone bother to even access AFLLinks now? It seems to me that the only people logging onto the site were those posting insulting comments and then others responding in kind. Seemed it catered to a market - now there are about 30 active sites over there and Talking Footy is consistently in the Top 5 despite often not getting posters each and every day!

What's even funnier is the administration have put up a link for individuals to donate money (via paypal) to keep the site going!! Funny stuff.

The site is a links directory, not a forum, that's the point and that's why people go there. But nice flame btw.

What's funny about asking for donations or advertisers? Maybe you could post the URL to the website that you run and pay the costs for, assuming there is one?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

crocodileman wrote:

Come on King - as a teacher you should know better than to display your bias to others, particularly when you have no credible information to substantiate your claims.

I've no doubt it was you - why would anyone impersonate you? Are you really that important or worthy of duplicity? I think not!
Crocman I'm not acting as a teacher whilst posting on forums!!! :lol:

On the contrary I see you are :lol:

In any case thanks for impersonating me, I still find it flattering and am happy if you want to call me if you're ever lonely. :)

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

afl links wrote:
crocodileman wrote:
afl links wrote:

The site is a links directory, not a forum, that's the point and that's why people go there. But nice flame btw.

What's funny about asking for donations or advertisers? Maybe you could post the URL to the website that you run and pay the costs for, assuming there is one?
What's funny about asking for donations from the public?

Well, considering that they only need to visit your site once to get a link to their intended destination, it's a bit rich! (pun intended!)

Secondly, the sites listed are what might be called B Grade or unofficial sites, often with only half a dozen or so active members - not worth giving money to visit.

Thirdly, why would anyone have to visit AFL Links again? To check on how their site is ranked? You've got to be joking pal!

I'd be interested to see how many "hits" your site has over the coming weeks and months - I'd be saying that visits will be down by at least 40% from the time you deleted the comments section.

Why didn't you just ban the IP addresses of the offenders? Probably because it is clear to all you haven't got a fucking clue what you're doing!

But, hey, good luck with the website! :lol: