Club Captains

Australian Football news and discussion.
boof1978
Rookie
Rookie
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Club Captains

Post by boof1978 »

hi all, just had a look at Club Captains for 2006 and two stood out to me. Steven King and Luke Ball. Surely King is the worst captain in the comp but was reaapointed this year. Totally inconsistent, not courageous, not inspiring or motivating, and thats from a mate who is a huge Cats fan. Cameron Ling should be a no brainer when selecting a captain, surely Bomber!!
Now Luke Ball, almost the opoosite to King, courageous, ball magnet, inspiring but at 21 is already targeted week in week out for being smashed. Does he need this on top of the harsh attention at 21, especially when you have Aaron Hammil swanning around the forward line and midfield making his team mates stand ten feet tall when he plays. Probably thinking too much about it but cant understand the logic!?!?!
Sean
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by Sean »

King is probably no0t the best captain, but i'm sick of everyone saying that Ling should be, espciallyu when they are not cats fans, i respect your opinion but I would not like to see it, i would like to see either Scarlett, Milburn or Kelly (in a few years) take the job, Ling is a top player but in my opinion would not be a productive captain

i dont mind Ball as skipper, he seesm to command respect at a young age and seemns to love the club, but when is this rotating bullshit going to stop? It infuriates me it is pointless, sure King might not be the best skipper going around (and by the way i think that Vandenburg and Neitz are far worse then him) but at leat me have a permanent figurehead of the club, and King offers a nice link between the young and old of our players due to his age, but St Kilda IMO just seem like a leaderless rabble and i think its quite pathetic
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Good luck to young Ball. I like how he says his leadership will be based more on actions than words. Having been a fill in captain for Riewoldt last season, the experience then should ease the pressure a little this year. Wise choice for the Saints captain I'd say.