WOW!

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

WOW!

Post by pussycat »

Roosters biggest crowd for a club match - Storm biggest crowd for a club match.....just Wow!!!
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 0

Re: WOW!

Post by piesman2011 »

pussycat wrote:
Roosters biggest crowd for a club match - Storm biggest crowd for a club match.....just Wow!!!
People love their footy on ANZAC day. =D> =D>
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

Want to see wow.....................

cos789 said: ↑

Correct
It was built so Australian Football wouldn't be excluded, so that Australian Football could be played there.
This is a fact. The Wellington stadium was built with Australian Football in mind.

Sydney Olympic stadium was not built with Australian Football in mind and had to be modified at AFL's cost to play AFL there.

Our famous cos the nutter at it again..................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you ever seen a sport and its fans so full of itself in your life lady's and gentleman............ :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No need to attend a Melbourne comedy gala just reading BF is enough laughs to last me a lifetime............... :lol: :lol: :lol:
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

Here is another doosey and all free of charge....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The GC Suns made a slight profit in their maiden year.
The GWS after AFL dividend made a $170k loss.

The introduction of the GC and GWS produced a significant increase in media revenue.

In effect they are self funding.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
piesman2011
Coach
Coach

Post by piesman2011 »

eelofwest wrote:
Here is another doosey and all free of charge....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The GC Suns made a slight profit in their maiden year.
The GWS after AFL dividend made a $170k loss.

The introduction of the GC and GWS produced a significant increase in media revenue.

In effect they are self funding.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The GWS giants and the suns would have the best stadium deals in the land by paying next to nothing to the stadium administrators, they would be paying the players small amounts due to them being mostly kids and they would have good sponsership deals. The start up costs would have been payed by the AFL and tax payers. So call me sad but I would believe that both of these clubs as reported didnt really lose much money. Now you can claim that the stadiums cost tens of millions of dollars to build and that AFL grants (payed to all clubs by the AFL) covered the loss of money in these clubs and you would also be correct.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think as suns have management rights, or part there of, they make a profit on games there. They also make profits when stadium used for other things like foo fighters concert. So a very good business model. They just signed a 5 year deal to have the big day out there so that will see then reap big money from this as well.
Veni, vidi, vici