Why do AFL players and fans bash umpires?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Why do AFL players and fans bash umpires?

Post by King-Eliagh »

Here in central aus the grand final of the local competition was marred at the end of the game by players and fans of the losing team trying to start an all in brawl and hitting umpires....Disgraceful!

And then the other day I hear of another case on the news of a player bashing an umpire...Disgraceful!

So why do these players and fans of the afl do such things? I really cant recall this type of behaviour occurring so often in any other sport in australia. So why? I think the answers simple. The majority of them are thick headed morons. :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

Umpires are scum thus the bashings! I love nothing more than bashing up umpires, especially Victorian umpire scum!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Verbal abuse from the outer is fine by me. Physical violence however is not on. It is already a real struggle to get new umpires involved in the game. Violence is not going to encourage any new recruits.

That said, violence directed towards the officials is by no means limited to Australian Football. I'm sure you'd find it in many other sports as well, soccer in particular.
Glasgow Celtic
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by Glasgow Celtic »

'll always remeber the time when stuart dougal had a coin thrown at him
for being a biased *****. had his car and house windows done in as well for clearly favouring the opposition.

GIRUY stuart dougal you bastard
the english monarchy are good for only one thing, TARGET PRACTICE!

Image Image
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes I agree with you beaussie, the umpiring situation is quite dire aand this sort of behaviour doesnt help one bit. It could even spell the downfall of afl in nsw and qld...who knows. One thing i do know is i havent heard of this type of behaviour happening in league, hence its flourishing nature and plentiful referees in the easter states. :) Hehe.

xman wrote:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

I say get rid of the umpires all together and let it be a free for all on the footy field....I also suggest that if a player gets targeted by opposition players and is carried off the field then the supporters should be allowed on the field to deal with this matter.

It is the survival of the fittest people!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: I'd love to see this grim. Tis one of the reasons i love rugby league, a much tougher code in my opinion although for some ridiculous reason they are slowly following the afl's pussy stance on roughness.

Yes the afl is in a bad way when it comes to pussyness, soon it'll be no contact at all and you'll have a bunch of soft, private school pretty boys playing the game.

xman wrote:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

If anything if the AFL want a Director of Umpiring then bring in Robert Muir.....he knew how to deal with pussycat wimps!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why do AFL players and fans bash umpires?

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
So why do these players and fans of the afl do such things? I really cant recall this type of behaviour occurring so often in any other sport in australia.
Really? Or have you just got the rose coloured glasses on again? :roll:
http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/s ... 23,00.html

THE John Hopoate saga continued yesterday when his hearing on accusations of abusing and threatening junior match officials was adjourned.

Two match officials gave evidence to a NSW Rugby League sub-committee yesterday with Hopoate present.

But Hopoate's legal representative Ian Byrne said the hearing would continue.

Hopoate is free to play this weekend in the Oceanic-Pacifica Tournament at Manly where he will captain the Tongan team.
King-Eliagh wrote:
So why? I think the answers simple. The majority of them are thick headed morons. :lol:
Hmm, seems they're not alone with rugby league players easily taking the cake in the thick headed morons stakes.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Your quote mentions nothing of bashing umpires beaussie? Really it has to be the worst act, bashing umpires up. It shows no respect for the code they play, yes league players bash people but not their own refs. No, they seem to know how to cop decisions on the chin and get on with the game....But these afl types hold a grudge like a bitter teenage girl.

Just disgusting...you'd have to agree eh beaussie? :wink:

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Rugby league players prefer to abuse and threaten junior match official. Disgusting.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

Nothing compared to physically beating umpires hehehe

League 1...AFL 0 :D

xman wrote:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Give the players guns and swords....it should be a gladiator game with blood and guts etc...AFL and NRL are becoming sissy games!