Everitt a Swan

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Everitt a Swan

Post by Beaussie »

Daily Telegraph wrote:
Spida the new Sydney tower
By NIKKI TUGWELL
September 29, 2005
http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/s ... 23,00.html

PREMIERS Sydney have confirmed that versatile Jason Saddington and defender Mark Powell are to be offered up as part of a trade package as speculation grows they are interested in Hawthorn's Peter "Spida" Everitt.

Celebrating coach Paul Roos declared on Monday that obtaining a ruckman to replace the retired Jason Ball was their priority.

The Swans would prefer to keep their premiership list together but it is possible a three-way deal may be orchestrated to gain a quality ruckman that may involve losing one of Saturday's 22.

Swans football operations manager Andrew Ireland intimated the club was close to sealing a new deal with hard-working half-forward Ryan O'Keefe, who is currently out of contract.

"We've got no reason to think that Ryan wouldn't be playing with us next season," Ireland said.

"We are confident the players that we want to have at the club in 2006 will be at the club."

Reports suggest negotiations with semi-final hero Nick Davis's management are nearly finalised.

Although Everitt, 31, is contracted to Hawthorn, speculation is rife that he is considering his options.

Everitt has had two phenomenal seasons and was unlucky not to be named All-Australian in 2004.

This year he and West Coast's Dean Cox have been standout ruckmen.

The move of Everitt to Sydney would be a perfect fit, given his love of the city and close friendship with captain Barry Hall.
He seems a bit old at 31, but will come in handy to cover for the retirement of Jason Ball. Is the trade of Saddington and Powell a good deal?
KingRooHawk
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by KingRooHawk »

Julian lost his footballing god. :lol:
Go the Kings Roosters and Hawks
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

KingRooHawk wrote:
Julian lost his footballing god. :lol:
LOL

Will miss the Saddddinnggggtoooonnnnnn and God's gift to football calls. :lol:
big tommy
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by big tommy »

I would have thought after Everitt's previous racial barbs Beaussie you would not be a big fan.

But then you have sold out alot lately on a range of things, why should this be any different...
The Mighty Lions will Come Back to Life in 2006
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I reckon everitt is a freak of a player and well worth atleast two seasons more. Buy him now i say. What are these racial barbs bt? More shmack that you have failed to understand? Or is there something to it?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
big tommy
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by big tommy »

Have a look at his St Kilda's days KE. I think his was one of the first cases of racial slurs in the AFL.
The Mighty Lions will Come Back to Life in 2006
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I have no recollection of what you're talking about BT, but I would love to see Spida in a Swans guernsey next season if possible. With the retirement of Jason Ball, Spida would fit in nicely.

Rumours that Hawthorn want Ryan O'Keefe, Jason Saddington and a first round pick in the draft are not on though. Who do the Hawks think they are? Spida is 31 for crying out loud. I don't want to see O'Keefe leave the Swans under any circumstances. #-o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Wasnt a fan of footy in his stkilda days bt. Seems me and beaussie are confused can you recollect exactly what the slur may have been or did it all occur after tommy radonikis and co raped and bashed your head?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Apparently at the last minute before the end of trade deadline, Hawthorn was willing to accpet Jolly and a draft pick from the Swans in return for Everitt. Thankfully the Swans didn't agree. Gee, interesting times for Spida down at Glenferrie Oval. Are they still a happy team a Hawthorn? :lol: