A short note to those living in the isolated southern states

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 0

Re: A short note to those living in the isolated southern st

Post by piesman2011 »

strange windy day today. Quite unusual. Looks like you got the bad day KE. The next week looks like an average of between 25-27 degrees. Guess you cant win them all.
adamj1300
Has thanked: 0

Post by adamj1300 »

piesman2011 wrote:
strange windy day today. Quite unusual. Looks like you got the bad day KE. The next week looks like an average of between 25-27 degrees. Guess you cant win them all.
your right, well if thats all the folk from NSW can brag about in their city is the weather, well i guess Qld is a better place to live than NSW :D
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Post by Stewie »

I think we need a separate weather forum for KE.
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I forgot to mention where I stayed during my last stay in melbourne. Between port melbourne and stkilda, right on the beach. The locals seem to think it was a beautiful beach side suburb and it was clearly a wealthy area of town. As i strolled along the promenade, along the beach gazing out to see and at the locals clearly lapping up their environment playing beach volley ball and swimming in the ocean with snorkels, i couldnt help but feel sick. :sick: Sick for these poor people who were behaving as though they were in paradise, truly ignorant, when all's one could see was a beach with no waves, yes its actually a big ol bay, and all along the horizon to the south nothing but dirty filthy industry in sight. And this was their beach??

Sick with sorrow to see these southerners have so little. I wish we sydney folk could help them in some way...but you know what? They actually looked happy. They dont know what theyre missing out on. I mean look at Xman, he serooisly believes the weather in melb is as good and sunny as syd :lol: Yes ignorance truly is bliss. So i say we dont disturb these southerners living in dampness and drizzle for the majority of the year and when the sun finally does come out, swimming in a big ol crappy bay with little more than views of shipping yards and factories. Theyre better off not knowing better. :)

Yours,
KE

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
I forgot to mention where I stayed during my last stay in melbourne. Between port melbourne and stkilda, right on the beach. The locals seem to think it was a beautiful beach side suburb and it was clearly a wealthy area of town. As i strolled along the promenade, along the beach gazing out to see and at the locals clearly lapping up their environment playing beach volley ball and swimming in the ocean with snorkels, i couldnt help but feel sick. :sick: Sick for these poor people who were behaving as though they were in paradise, truly ignorant, when all's one could see was a beach with no waves, yes its actually a big ol bay, and all along the horizon to the south nothing but dirty filthy industry in sight. And this was their beach??

Sick with sorrow to see these southerners have so little. I wish we sydney folk could help them in some way...but you know what? They actually looked happy. They dont know what theyre missing out on. I mean look at Xman, he serooisly believes the weather in melb is as good and sunny as syd :lol: Yes ignorance truly is bliss. So i say we dont disturb these southerners living in dampness and drizzle for the majority of the year and when the sun finally does come out, swimming in a big ol crappy bay with little more than views of shipping yards and factories. Theyre better off not knowing better. :)

Yours,
KE
I was down on that beach a few weeks ago when riding on the MS bike ride through the city. A nice spot given its few kms from the city centre.

Our port Philip bay is amazing. Great water sports, sailing, swimming, speed boating, snorkelling, diving, fishing, etc.

The back beaches of the bay like portsea, gunamatta, merricks are fantastic surf locations. Western port bay is just like port Philip but without the population and development.

Melbourne sure is an amazing place to live. That's why it keeps winning the worlds most livable city award :wink:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

^^^^^ see what i mean folks? Shhhhhh let this specimen be, he's 'happy' wallowing in an ocean surrounded by industrial waste.

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
^^^^^ see what i mean folks? Shhhhhh let this specimen be, he's 'happy' wallowing in an ocean surrounded by industrial waste.
The bay is bigger than the city and suburbs combined, yet because youve seen one beach you think youve seen it all. How stupid are you :lol:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The bay is ONE bay :lol: Look I dont wanna concern you folks but sydney has numerous very pretty beaches. The melb seaside is, by comparison, utterly distasteful. Now stop calling me stupid Xman, I dont want to provide bitter truthful pills for you happy southerner folk to swallow. I had an epiphany the other week walking along seeing these people happy in their rank lil bay. I realised it doesnt matter melbournite southerners dont have no waves and have a whole bunch of fugly shipping yards to look at across the bay, it doesnt matter, as long as you are happy. :)

xman wrote:
pookus
Seniors
Seniors
Team: North Melbourne

Post by pookus »

Sorry guys but on this I have to agree with KE the sydney beaches are better and the sun shines more but thats about where it stops.We love Melbourne because what happens here not because of the scenery.Lets face it if you want beautiful beaches you live in perth or the sunshine coast.If you want to see something world class you live in Melbourne.I have seen Wayne Gardener win at the island and schumacher win at albert park.The great Makybe Diva win the melbourne cup and the cox plate Australias premier horse races.A couple of years ago I watched federer romance a nation while serena smashed all before her.Ive sat with 80,000 on the worlds premier day of cricket and Ive watched the mighty roo boys win in front of 90,000 at the G.I saw Aloisi put us into the world cup and state of origin under a roof at etihad.I watched in awe as tiger teed off for the yanks and watched the greatest sportsman in the world(kelly slater) win our premier surfing event at bells.If you want to frolic in the sand or go to the Mardi gras then sydney has merit but if you love sport then the only place to live is Melbourne.Next weekend there will be 80000 at the G to watch the footy so if you happen to catch it on tele KE just compare it to the crowd at the other game youll be watching and youll understand what it means to us.Melbournians love our city like no other city in Australia thats why you all hate us and thats why we are proud to be the isolated heart of Australian sport.But hey enjoy your swim.Oh and just as a side note the best coastal drive in the world(voted so many times)is only a hundred kms away.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
The bay is ONE bay :lol: Look I dont wanna concern you folks but sydney has numerous very pretty beaches. The melb seaside is, by comparison, utterly distasteful. Now stop calling me stupid Xman, I dont want to provide bitter truthful pills for you happy southerner folk to swallow. I had an epiphany the other week walking along seeing these people happy in their rank lil bay. I realised it doesnt matter melbournite southerners dont have no waves and have a whole bunch of fugly shipping yards to look at across the bay, it doesnt matter, as long as you are happy. :)
How close are the Sydney beaches to the cbd? :-k

Also, port Melbourne is just that, a port. Move 10k east and the beaches are fine, not a shipping yard in site
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

pookus wrote:
Sorry guys but on this I have to agree with KE the sydney beaches are better and the sun shines more but thats about where it stops.We love Melbourne because what happens here not because of the scenery.Lets face it if you want beautiful beaches you live in perth or the sunshine coast.If you want to see something world class you live in Melbourne.I have seen Wayne Gardener win at the island and schumacher win at albert park.The great Makybe Diva win the melbourne cup and the cox plate Australias premier horse races.A couple of years ago I watched federer romance a nation while serena smashed all before her.Ive sat with 80,000 on the worlds premier day of cricket and Ive watched the mighty roo boys win in front of 90,000 at the G.I saw Aloisi put us into the world cup and state of origin under a roof at etihad.I watched in awe as tiger teed off for the yanks and watched the greatest sportsman in the world(kelly slater) win our premier surfing event at bells.If you want to frolic in the sand or go to the Mardi gras then sydney has merit but if you love sport then the only place to live is Melbourne.Next weekend there will be 80000 at the G to watch the footy so if you happen to catch it on tele KE just compare it to the crowd at the other game youll be watching and youll understand what it means to us.Melbournians love our city like no other city in Australia thats why you all hate us and thats why we are proud to be the isolated heart of Australian sport.But hey enjoy your swim.Oh and just as a side note the best coastal drive in the world(voted so many times)is only a hundred kms away.

thats all your hole of a joint has though
sport

a more one dimensional , layerless... featurless city you will not find
it simply has nothing of any note that the vast majority of people would be interested in
Its why melbourne is not considered an International City like Sydney is & Sydney is the city most foreigners think of when Australia is mentioned.
Sydney proved with the 2000 Olympics it can match & indeed surpass Melbourne anytime in wants to where sport is concerned,

but can this grey bleak hole ,that on the map appears as australias butthole :lol: :lol: :lol:
match Sydney's amazing harbour
its world class beaches
the bridge
the opera house

no is the obvious answer
another silver for melbourne :cool:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

Sydney's a postcard Melbourne's an experience.
adamj1300
Has thanked: 0

Post by adamj1300 »

Raiderdave wrote:
pookus wrote:

sport

it simply has nothing of any note that the vast majority of people would be interested in
Its why melbourne is not considered an International City like Sydney is & Sydney is the city most foreigners think of when Australia is mentioned.
Sydney proved with the 2000 Olympics it can match & indeed surpass Melbourne anytime in wants to where sport is concerned,

but can this grey bleak hole ,that on the map appears as australias butthole :lol: :lol: :lol:
its world class beaches
the bridge
the opera house

isnt Melbourne consistently voted worlds most live able city or there abouts?, Sydney is only famous for Bondi beach, opera house and bridge & celebrity's who stop there for an overnight trip to tell every one how lovely their city is so they go and watch their movie, Melbourne doesn't have any of those but yet it consistently ranks above Sydney, what does that say about the rest of Sydney........

living in Sydney on a daily basic is shit as best. poorly designed city, traffic jams, shit public transport infrastructure, crap night life, people who just want to punch on, full of ignorant fools who think the world starts in canberra and ends at the magical tourist destination of the Gold Coast.

if Melbourne considered Australias butthole, it defiantly shits on Sydney
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
pookus wrote:

sport

its world class beaches
the bridge
the opera house

no is the obvious answer
Worlds most livable city, Melbourne =D> =D>
pookus
Seniors
Seniors
Team: North Melbourne

Post by pookus »

=D>
Raiderdave wrote:
pookus wrote:

sport

its world class beaches
the bridge
the opera house

no is the obvious answer
You live in Canberra :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
One dimensional everyone knows melbournes the most cultured city in Australia.We have the best of everything you have porn and fireworks =D>