NRL to reap $1.2b from TV rights

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: NRL to reap $1.2b from TV rights

Post by Raiderdave »

piesman2011 wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:
So just over1.2 billion for all media rights (inc NZ and naming rights) Compared to a bit over 1.3 billion for AFL so is that final? I expect only silence or bullshit from raiderdave and eels.
ah no
the VFL's is 1.253 Billion.... not 1.3 Billion you bilthering moron :lol: :lol: :lol:
the NRL's .... is more then this as I have explained above :cool:

Ah no the RL figure has radio and naming rights which just gets over 1.2 billion (probabaly includes estimated revenue for the sharing rights as well), So we have to include the radio and naming rights for the AFL as well. So AFL a bit over 1.3 billion compared to a bit over 1.2 billion. Give it up Dave you lost this one.
ah no
no radio included .... & no sharing included

the NRL is at well in excess of 1.3 Billion with these added
NRL... Numb 1 :cool:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

World domination for NRL just seems to get closer and closer everyday.

Bye bye AFL____________________Zoom____________________ =D> =D> =D>
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

Raiderdave wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
ah no
the VFL's is 1.253 Billion.... not 1.3 Billion you bilthering moron :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah no the RL figure has radio and naming rights which just gets over 1.2 billion (probabaly includes estimated revenue for the sharing rights as well), So we have to include the radio and naming rights for the AFL as well. So AFL a bit over 1.3 billion compared to a bit over 1.2 billion. Give it up Dave you lost this one.
ah no

So Radio is not broadcast or new media? :? Shared revenue is not new media? :?

WIth radio and shared media the NRL get an extra 100 million? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
World domination for NRL just seems to get closer and closer everyday.

Bye bye AFL____________________Zoom____________________ =D> =D> =D>
World domination? .half the crowds, almost 1/4 the members, half the wealth (when clubs are included), much less TV coverage, far less TV and media revenue...

:lol:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
ah no

ah no

So in an article that boasts the new total revenue of the NRL over the next 5 years, and acclaims how high that total is, they deliberately left out parts of their media rights, even though they actually said they counted the media rights...... :-k

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor Dave, a shattered man clinging onto shreds of denial.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

The NRL is believed to want $A20m ($NZ25m) per season for the next five years. Sky is believed to currently pay $NZ14m per season.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/836 ... g-NRL-deal

So much for eelofwests BS about the NRL getting double their previous NZ deal :roll:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Re: NRL to reap $1.b from TV rights

Post by pussycat »

Hardly B.S. Even using the figures you produced (and there more than likely fictional), an increase from NZ$14m to $nz25m (au $12m - Au 20m) is very close to double. And as I said that's using your Figures.

So what we now know for sure is, the AFL TV money (including Telstra money) is about 100m more than the NRL's TV money (that doesn't include any Telstra money).

I wonder how much that Telstra money was?
Telstra would not disclose the commercial value of the contract but ARLC chairman John Grant said the deal was worth “double” in cash and contra to their previous deal.
“We have agreed with Telstra not to disclose the full value of that contract however we do acknowledge that it is double what we got in the last contract rights period.”

:roll: Gold Gold Gold for the NRL - more silver for the AFL. :wink:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Xman
Coach
Coach

Re: NRL to reap $1.b from TV rights

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
Hardly B.S. Even using the figures you produced (and there more than likely fictional), an increase from NZ$14m to $nz25m (au $12m - Au 20m) is very close to double. And as I said that's using your Figures.

So what we now know for sure is, the AFL TV money (including Telstra money) is about 100m more than the NRL's TV money (that doesn't include any Telstra money).

I wonder how much that Telstra money was?
Telstra would not disclose the commercial value of the contract but ARLC chairman John Grant said the deal was worth “double” in cash and contra to their previous deal.
“We have agreed with Telstra not to disclose the full value of that contract however we do acknowledge that it is double what we got in the last contract rights period.”

:roll: Gold Gold Gold for the NRL - more silver for the AFL. :wink:
no, we know the AFL including naming rights is 1.3b and the NRL including NZ and naming rights is 1.2b
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

You work it out for yourself - Last contact was $90m , Grant grant goes to great pains to point out this one was double. It has gives the NRL a part interest in some of its enterprises.

And many Gay FL fans said we would struggle to get 800k. :lol: enjoy that silver medal :wink:

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
You work it out for yourself - Last contact was $90m , Grant grant goes to great pains to point out this one was double. It has gives the NRL a part interest in some of its enterprises.

And many Gay FL fans said we would struggle to get 800k. :lol: enjoy that silver medal :wink:
I guess you missed this:

''Broadcast funding [including New Zealand television and a new media rights deal with Telstra] is just over $1.2 billion, and commercial revenue is about $800 million.

http://www.maroondahweekly.com.au/story ... man/?cs=12

:wink:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:

I guess you missed this:

''Broadcast funding [including New Zealand television and a new media rights deal with Telstra] is just over $1.2 billion, and commercial revenue is about $800 million.

I guess you missed we haven't included any revenue sharing for non telstra customers accessing NRL matches

putting us at conservatively............about 1.3 Billion
nearly 50 million ahead of the VFL

not bad when singlet wearing dick breaths had us at about 800 Mill all up
not bad at all :cool:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:

I guess you missed this:

I guess you missed we haven't included any revenue sharing for non telstra customers accessing NRL matches

putting us at conservatively............about 1.3 Billion
nearly 50 million ahead of the VFL

not bad when singlet wearing dick breaths had us at about 800 Mill all up
not bad at all :cool:
but but but..... :lol:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:

I guess you missed this:

how is it that they know the amount when it was never released? - Enjoy that silver medal :D

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:

I guess you missed this:

how is it that they know the amount when it was never released? - Enjoy that silver medal :D
When I tried your link this is the message I received:
Sorry, but this page doesn't exist.

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

RUGBY LEAGUE bosses have been told the game will generate $2 billion in revenue over the next five years - but ARL Commission chairman John Grant says that is not enough.

See your ad here
Grant presented the ARLC's 2012 financial report to a historic annual general meeting on Thursday of the 16 NRL club chairmen and their counterparts from the NSWRL and QRL, then provided them with budget estimates for the next five years.

Not surprisingly, the figures highlighted the poor financial state of the game under the previous joint venture between News Ltd and the ARL, and the vastly improved situation since the commission took control a year ago.

After generating only $185 million in revenue from broadcast rights, sponsorship and gate receipts last year, the ARLC's revenue is projected to increase to $284 million this year and $323 million in 2017.

Grant said that under the five-year, $1.025 billion broadcast deal, the game would earn $2 billion but only 10 per cent of that was not accounted for in expenditure.

''Our revenues in broadcast terms will more than double in the next year, and our commercial revenues are up by about 25 per cent so we are dealing with a lot more revenue, which is one of the reasons we have locked away $200 million in the growth fund over five years.

''That is about $2 billion, and of that amount 10 per cent only will go into our growth fund - and it is not enough.''

After inheriting a game with only $4.8 million in the bank, Grant said the ARLC aimed to put $40 million a year aside in a futures fund for big projects but he hoped that figure would be more.

According to the 2012 financial report, the first made public by the game's administration since the end of the Super League in 1997, the NRL received:

❏ $101,563,667 from broadcast rights;

❏ $39,919,406 from game receipts for finals matches and State of Origin; and

❏ $14,022,212 from sponsorship.

Among the expenses in 2012 were:

❏ $46.2 million in club grants;

❏ $8 million in a one-off payment of $500,000 per club;

❏ $69,079,584 in operational expenses;

❏ $14,730,317 in marketing and media expenses, and;

❏ $22,133,755 in administration expenses.

Between 2004 and 2012, the game's income grew by eight per cent a year but the ARLC has targeted 13 per cent annual growth for the next five years.

See your ad here
''The point we made to all of our commission members is that it [$200 million] is not enough, and we need to generate more revenue so that is one of the things that we are chasing,'' Grant said.

''That is why digital [media] is important, that is why new sponsorships and new properties and creating new events are important.

''When you do the numbers and how much we spend, $200 million is what is left. It just speaks to the paucity of this game prior to this latest revenue rights [increase].

''This game has been run on the smell of an oily rag, and there has been nothing in the bank and no investment in the future. Yet it has been as successful as it has been.''

Theres the entire story :roll: