Congrats Swans.

Australian Football news and discussion.
KingRooHawk
Team:
Been liked: 0

Congrats Swans.

Post by KingRooHawk »

Well done Swans for for beating the E-girls. Id bet my house that Bea is dancing in the street and will still be tanked up to the day of the parade.
Go the Kings Roosters and Hawks
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

It was a great game. One of the best Grand Finals for a long time. Now it is up to the Dockers to get a flag!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes a brilliant game, very intense. I've always stuck by the swannies in good times and in bad and now they've come good. Gotta say i was bloody ecstatic after the victory!

I thought lance roberts thompson deserved the norm smith medal. He played a great game and has really come along way this season. Just goes to show rugb y players can do anything they set their minds too.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Lance Roberts Thompson????

It's Lewis. #-o

That aside, I still can't believe we have actually won. It just hasn't really sunk in yet. I'm so used to my teams season being a case of bombing out in the finals.

Words just can't describe what it was like at the G yesterday. Just amazing. I'll tell you all more about it in due course. I'm still buggered for the biggest day of my life and a long trip home. I'll tell you this though, I got to touch the silverware thanks to Micky O coming up to us fans and Nick Davis jumped up on the fence right in front of me. Touching him and the silverware, I tell ya, I was in heaven. I've heard I was on TV numerous times too with a solo shot on me during the prematch entertainment. I've gotta watch the replay now and relive what will always be a day I'll never forget. How sweeet victory is. Fuck I love footy. :D :D :D

Talk to you all soon. I've got a replay to watch.
big tommy
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by big tommy »

Great game of football? On what criteria? Intensity... perhaps but from a skills level, absolutely not.

Yes congratulations to the Swans, a win is a win. But the style they have promoted throughout the season, including in the GF has put the advancement of Australian Rules back some way.

People want to see goals. That GF was ordinary at best.
The Mighty Lions will Come Back to Life in 2006
SBR
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by SBR »

Congrats to the Swans, and you Beaussie :cool:

Was a very entertaining match to watch and will remember it for a long time, finally the drought is broken.. well done.
Carn The Crows!
Double Blues SFC!

Macca You Bloody Legend!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Many people I've talked to who know more about footy than yourself bigtommy, say it was the best gf they've seen. So stick your sour grapes up your ass. Swans know how to play defense, they tackle better than any other team in the comp. Perhaps if your old fat shitty lions knew how to put a player on the deck they may have gone further this year?

Brilliant game!

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

It really is starting to set in now that we are the premiers seeing the Swans splashed all over the front pages of the Sydney papers. I've longed for this day for so long. Having been teased at school and in everyday life for years for following the Swans or AFL, it is all worth it now. :P

After watching the game again I'm not sure I wanna pick anyone out as best on ground. The entire team has made me so proud. Great to see we have the never give in attitude.

I was so worried in the last quarter particularly after Luke Ablett turned the ball over to Cousins right in front of me. Was clinging to the MCG fence praying we could overcome the odds against us. How nerve racking was that last quarter? It seemed to go forever with the Eagles never giving in. That last mark by Leapin Leo will be etched in my memory for life.

Tears of joy were flowing hearing Cheer Cheer the Red and the White blaring out of the speakers. And how about the stirring rendition of We Are the Champions. Sreaming all day made it difficult to sing the club song at the end. I've never been so exhausted at a footy game before. Whilst it was a very expensive weekend, it was all worth it. I could die tomorrow happy that I've finally seen my beloved Swans win a flag.

Big Tommy you really are a bitter old sod. How you could not find that game great is beyond belief. I guess you needed to be there to experience just how great it actually was. Shame your brother isn't around. His bagging of Sydney's style of play and predictions we would never win a flag playing like that, makes him look as stupid as Anderew Demetriou and Robert Walls.

We are the champions my friend. :D

I can't wait until the ticker tape parade on Friday. Sadly many of us couldn't get into the Punt Road Oval after the game as the place was packed and the police weren't letting anyone else in. Added to that I couldn't be at the SCG yesterday as I was still on the train heading back. It will be fantastic to see the boys with the cup at the Sydney Town Hall on Friday though particularly when the team is presented the keys to the city. The AFL has well and truly established itself in Sydney/NSW now. :D
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Yes it is good that the Ca Swannies have now won the flag and can join the rest of the other AFL elites who have won a Grand Final! One thing that was a bit of a concern was that Clover Moore was think about having a parade for both the Swans and the NRL Grand Final winner at the same time. I thought that was a stupid suggestion and thankfully Morris Iemma overruled that!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Grim Reaper wrote:
Yes it is good that the Ca Swannies have now won the flag and can join the rest of the other AFL elites who have won a Grand Final! One thing that was a bit of a concern was that Clover Moore was think about having a parade for both the Swans and the NRL Grand Final winner at the same time. I thought that was a stupid suggestion and thankfully Morris Iemma overruled that!
Yeah I got upset when I saw that suggested too. Like you say though, our AFL loving premier stepped in and said the Swans deserve their own parade. Have you seen Sydney Town Hall? Looks beautiful with all the Swans flags flying. Can't wait until Friday and the ticker tape parade. :D
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Yeas good on the Premier.....the NRL is just trying to cash in on the Swans victory. Have not been past Town Hall but may have a look today.
beachlover
Team:

Post by beachlover »

Thanks Swans =D>
life is good. Freo forever!