The Daily Telegraph jumps on Swans bandwagon

Australian Football news and discussion.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

The Daily Telegraph jumps on Swans bandwagon

Post by Grim Reaper »

All year this rag of a paper harldy reports the AFL yet now it promotes itself as the official paper of the Ca Swannies! What a fucking joke....Swan supporters should be writing to this rag to tell them to fuck off and stick to NRL!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

I see your point Grim, but in fairness, the Daily Telegraph generally has more AFL news than the Sydney Morning Herald. The more publicity for footy in Sydney the better I say. It is funny to see the banner now in the paper saying The Daily Telegraph, your official AFL paper following the mighty Sydney Swans or words to that effect. Would be good if they got proper AFL journos too. Tim Morrissey for crying out loud used to play basketball for the Sydney Kings. :roll:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

Good to see the Telegraph back to their usual bullshit. The Swans are in the Grand Final yet it is endless dribble in that rag about the West Tigers....yead the Telegrah...offical newspaper for the Swans...not!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Anyone would think the Wests Tigers are the only Sydney team in the NRL finals. Still there is lots of news on the Swans and the AFL GF in today's Daily Telegraph. I reckon it will get much more attention as the week progresses. I like how they are attacking the Melbourne bias in the Melbourne media.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

The Daily Telegraph is most certainly on the Swans bandwagon. Today they've added a new link to their home page:

Road to the MCG

http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/a ... 01,00.html

Rugby league doesn't even get its own news page.
KingRooHawk
Team:

Post by KingRooHawk »

I hate the Telagraph persaonally. and Bea the Tele is a very big bandwagon jumper. 2004 they were absolutly caning the Bulldogs in every area and when the Grand final rolls around its "ah we love the Bulldogs, who cares if they scarred a woman for life we want them to win, look what good guys they are"
That and the fact that miserable toad Wilson works for them.
Go the Kings Roosters and Hawks
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

LOL, you just love Beccy don't you. hehehehe

I'm loving the Swans getting front page of the Telegraph each day. Judging by the comments on LU, many leaguies can't stand the fact that their beloved code has been shunted to the back pages. Oh and it's good to hear you're on the Swans bandwagon. Why don't you just dump them Hawks already? They're going nowhere, besides perhaps the Gold Coast. :lol:
KingRooHawk
Team:

Post by KingRooHawk »

No chance Bea.
You coming to the basketball tonight?
Go the Kings Roosters and Hawks
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes the tele definitely is just a sheep following the crowds isnt it. Its a shame its such a fickle paper with no substance that decides to adopt the swans for a week.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

KingRooHawk wrote:
No chance Bea.
You coming to the basketball tonight?
I was thinking about it when I got a message off JF today. Unfortunately I have to save my cash for the big day on Saturday.

Go Kings though. :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Yes the tele definitely is just a sheep following the crowds isnt it. Its a shame its such a fickle paper with no substance that decides to adopt the swans for a week.
They've been on the Swans bandwagon for a while now, not just this week. It's great seeing the AFL grace the front pages of the Daily Telegraph and Sydney Morning Herald every day. :D
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Im not as pleased because i reckon they're only covering it for the while, and if the swans play bad next season they'll be barely covering them again. Just gotta hope the swans keep good for a few seasons in a row i spose so the people of sydney come to understand what the game is about.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?