Disappointing NRL Finals Crowds

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Disappointing NRL Finals Crowds

Post by Beaussie »

Very disappointing first week finals crowds for the NRL. What happened to the predicted sellout at Parramatta Stadium for the minor premiers? The Brisbane crowd however is by far the most disappointing.

Wests Tigers vs Nth Queensland - 26,463 (Telstra Stadium)
Brisbane vs Melbourne - 25,193 (Suncorp Stadium)
St George/Illawarra vs Cronulla - 19,608 (WIN Stadium)
Parramatta vs Manly - 19,710 (Parramatta Stadium)

The Sunday Telegraph also reported today that Telstra Stadium management were fuming over the loss of the Swans vs Geelong final to the SCG. No surprises there with only 26,463 attending the NRL final held at the stadium. What a dumb decision favouring the NRL over the AFL was. The stadium apparently has made a trading loss of $6.383 million and that is set to get worse as they had anticipated an AFL final and will be losing a State of Origin and Bledisloe Cup game next season. You wouldn't want to be a Telstra Stadium shareholder that's for sure.
dr nick
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by dr nick »

I'm a Telstra shareholder, and let me tell you the price is heading south.

And have you got the article from the Sun Herald?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

I feel for you doc being a Telstra shareholder. The board certainly have some explaining to do.

The article (more a snippet) I referred to was in today's Sunday Telegraph written by Rebecca Wilson. Yeah I know, but there was an article earlier in the week that I read that said pretty much the same thing. The link was on the Talking Footy homepage (Newsfeeds). Sadly it has since changed this week.