Bunnies in trouble - Russell Crow loses interest

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
justanotherleaguefan
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Newcastle Knights
Been liked: 0

Re: Bunnies in trouble - Russell Crow loses interest

Post by justanotherleaguefan »

Great times ahead for souths. Well done xman
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

justanotherleaguefan wrote:
Great times ahead for souths. Well done xman
But just who would be interested in the club, which has drained millions from Crowe and Holmes a Court, is a big question despite the club's resurgent on-field success.

"You have to ask where do Souths go from here?

"Where will the money come from considering the struggles leagues clubs are having these days? Will the club still be based in Sydney or might they have to move it somewhere like Perth?

"This brings so much uncertainty, and it was always what troubled me about it.

"But I can't see anyway they can go back to the old model. They will have to find another billionaire who wants to take over and I'm not sure there are too many of them out there."

A member of Souths' last premiership-winning side in 1971, Piggins hasn't attended a Rabbitohs game since the takeover.
These comments of concern arent mine. I just quoted them :lol:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Post by Stewie »

A member of Souths' last premiership-winning side in 1971, Piggins hasn't attended a Rabbitohs game since the takeover.
:(/
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:?> Ahhh lets get this straight. Xman and Stewie have evidence of one, thats right einz, yes een, correct uno, true the first number in the infinite number plane, yes 1 single ex disgruntled rabbitohs member who has begrudgingly stopped supporting the leagues club and they think that's cause for a mutual masturbation session? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've met George Piggins and he's as old scool as they come, he's outta touch with reality and needs to realise there's more to running a footy club than what he thinks is good and proper. But please Xman and Stewie, continue your pathetic celebrations, its fairly funny.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
:?> Ahhh lets get this straight. Xman and Stewie have evidence of one, thats right einz, yes een, correct uno, true the first number in the infinite number plane, yes 1 single ex disgruntled rabbitohs member who has begrudgingly stopped supporting the leagues club and they think that's cause for a mutual masturbation session? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've met George Piggins and he's as old scool as they come, he's outta touch with reality and needs to realise there's more to running a footy club than what he thinks is good and proper. But please Xman and Stewie, continue your pathetic celebrations, its fairly funny.
no, you got that wrong. I just highlighted his comments of concern. Private ownership has risks and unfortunately the nRL dont learn from the previous mistakes made when allowing this model.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:

:lol: :lol: ... they do love a circle jerk don't they .. our lads in singlets :lol: :lol:

yes ... 1 individual not happy with things at Redfern

of course the 25,000 members who will sign up for 2013 ... are just rapped in the joint :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Stewie
Coach
Coach

Post by Stewie »

King-Eliagh wrote:

It seems like old man Piggins represents a large number of nRL fans who don't bother showing up! :lol:
Raiderdave wrote:

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Stewie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

It seems like old man Piggins represents a large number of nRL fans who don't bother showing up! :lol:

our crowds went up in 2012

how'd the VFL do c head ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Went down quicker than a $2 hooker.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Stewie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

Yet lower than what 6 years ago? :-k
Striker
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm

Post by Striker »

Don't quote Piggins. He won't admit that Crowe and Holmes A Court are the reason the Bunnies are in such a great position.
Stewie
Coach
Coach

Post by Stewie »

Raiderdave wrote:
Stewie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

Come back to me when your crowd average is finally out of the teens, then you can talk with the big boys.
Raiderdave wrote:

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Stewie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Stewie wrote:

Come back to me when your crowd average is finally out of the teens, .
at the rate things are going
it will be about the time yours is back in them .... around 2017 :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Stewie
Coach
Coach

Post by Stewie »

Raiderdave wrote:
Stewie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

The nRL crowd grew what, a couple of hundred this year? And that was on the back of a big name player retiring and drawing a big crowd, not to mention the various crowd inflations going on in Melbourne and the Gold Coast. Take away the 46k Parramatta crowd from the guy retiring and replace it with their average crowd of around 15k and all of a sudden you're thousands below last years total. The nRL will never break out of those evil teen crowds :lol:
Raiderdave wrote:

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Stewie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Stewie wrote:
The nRL crowd grew what, a couple of hundred this year? And that was on the back of a big name player retiring and drawing a big crowd, not to mention the various crowd inflations going on in Melbourne and the Gold Coast. Take away the 46k Parramatta crowd from the guy retiring and replace it with their average crowd of around 15k and all of a sudden you're thousands below last years total. The nRL will never break out of those evil teen crowds :lol:
so you think one crowd of 46K affected our overall average by one & a half thousand
ah .... 8-[
:lol: :lol: :lol:

oh spewie ... your mathematical abilities are a sight to behold :lol: :lol: :lol:

of course ... since 2010 the VFL popped on 22 extra games (at a cost of approx 80 million dollars ) & STILL lost 360,000 fans through the gate
if the blatant fudging by the midgets & thuns was factored in .. the result is even more concerning.
and the future looks even less rosey ... the midgets support will plummett in 2013 ( yeah I dunno how thats possible either :-k :lol: :lol: ) & the thuns support will drop further as well
I have no doubt the VFL will lose another 200K fans next year & their average will drop below 30K
as a comp..it is as low a quality as anyone can remember & this will continue to bite.... who knows how far it could drop 8-[

the NRL has set a goal of a 20K average by 2017 as part of their strategic plan .. they need another 3500 a game to get to this figure.
they will achieve this target .... I have seen the plan to get to this figure
they won't fail ...

NRL heading north
VFL .... the other way :cool:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million