Crowd Problems in the NRL - What's New

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Crowd Problems in the NRL - What's New

Post by Beaussie »

Is it any wonder why people stay away from NRL games in droves. Bombs at the football. Absolutely disgraceful:

All this of course in the same week that terrorists attacks happened in London. The NRL and its fans are a disgrace.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I heard that baby go off while the ref was reprimanding lockyer! Dont know what happened, it wasnt commented on at all by the commentators. Bombs are bad but im sure this was a harmless one. I heard an afl game down in melbourne a few weeks ago involved somewhat of an all in brawl where one particiapant was hospitalised just outside of the sydney swans cheersquad. You know anything about this beaussie? Personally i dont condone fighting in crowds and never have, typical afl fans though im really not surprised.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

And i think this particular game had 29000 odd fans attending. I dont know whether you could say thats an example of fans "staying away from nrl games in droves" would you beaussie? :lol:

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Bombs are bad but im sure this was a harmless one.
I'm sure families in the area who went to enjoy the football feel the same. :roll:

As our own Glory and Fame (Bomber Spirit) reports on Big Footy, he'll never attend another NRL game again after last night:
A friend of mine won some free tickets to the Bulldogs v Broncos game at Telstra Stadium, and I ended up coming along on one of the freebies.

Wasn't a bad game, but the crowd was an absolute disgrace. Despite signs up around the ground and announcements on the scoreboard about a supporters' code of conduct, the behaviour of Bulldogs fans in the area where I was (Aisle 104) could barely be described as human.

A Bulldogs fan nearby spat on a Broncos supporter. Someone threw a bottle that hit a young kid in the head, drawing blood. The person who won the tickets went to the bathroom at half-time, and was threatened by someone who noticed the NRL club on her watch (not one of the teams playing). A young family sitting in the row in front of us left early because they didn't feel it would be safe to stay till full-time.

But the worst incident happened several bays to our right where someone let off a banger. In a week where terrorism had raised its head in the UK and with the constant threat of it here, it was not only dangerous physically but caused un-necessary distress.

This isn't the first time such incidents have happened, and surely the game can't continue to tolerate it. The club have tried to reform, with the code of conduct, but it hasn't worked. Tonight wasn't the sort of atmosphere I'd be comfortable taking families to.

The Bulldogs have a 4-point and $350,000 suspended fine hanging over their head, and I expect that will be invoked after tonight. I certainly won't be going to an NRL game again for as long as the Bulldogs are in the comp.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184544
King-Eliagh wrote:
I heard an afl game down in melbourne a few weeks ago involved somewhat of an all in brawl where one particiapant was hospitalised just outside of the sydney swans cheersquad. You know anything about this beaussie? Personally i dont condone fighting in crowds and never have, typical afl fans though im really not surprised.
You clearly heard wrong. :roll:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Funny that 'cause I heard this from you!!!! :_<> You who was present and somewhat involved in the brawl (ie running in the opposite direction and not sticking up for a fellow swans cheersquad member who was later hospitalised :lol: )
How was I involved? As I said previously, you clearly heard wrong. JF can back me up on this one.

xman wrote:
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Sounds like Beaussie - at the first site of any trouble he puts his hands up in the air and runs the other way!

Prove me wrong Beaussie - let's get stuck into League Unlimited - this time no stopping when threatened with defamation and legal action.

C'mon!!!!!!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Thats right croc. Its all true!!!

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
Sounds like Beaussie - at the first site of any trouble he puts his hands up in the air and runs the other way!
Why would I get involved in a scuffle at the footy that had nothing to do with me? Would you if you were in my shoes? Anyway, what the hell has any of this crap got to do with explosions at NRL games. That is where the real problems are.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I never said you were directly involved beaussie. I just remember you telling me you didnt stick up for your fellow cheersquad member.

As for your question what does this have to do with bombs going off at nrl matches well this is just a parallel i have drawn on to show the afl crowds can be just as bad as league ones. I think i've done quite well, i mean using flags as spears, throwing beer on grandmothers, brawls that end in hospitalisation!!! And all this in one game, in comparison a bomb which was only really a bunch of firecrackers tied together (not a bomb by any meaning of the word!) pales in comparison to what happened in front of you beaussie at an afl match you recently went to in melbourne!

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Why would I stick up for him? He went too far in continuing the scuffle, and yes that's all it really was in the end. In any case it had nothing to do with me. As for your description of what happened, well talk about exageration. Can hardly be compared with the crowd violence that seems so prevelant at NRL games these days, particularly Bulldogs games at night.

The NRL hasn't decided to shift the next Bulldogs night game to Sunday afternoon for no reason. Even they can see the problems with rugby league culture. People just don't feel safe attending rugby league games these days. Don't believe me, well read Glory and Fame's (Bomber Spirit's) description of his night at the rugby league above. Scary isn't it.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

King-Eliagh wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Funny that 'cause I heard this from you!!!! :_<> You who was present and somewhat involved in the brawl (ie running in the opposite direction and not sticking up for a fellow swans cheersquad member who was later hospitalised :lol: )
How was I involved? As I said previously, you clearly heard wrong. JF can back me up on this one.
Firstly what is this post doing under my name!!!? Beaussie i hope you're not doing any illegal tampering here! Change it pronto!

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie wrote:
Why would I stick up for him? He went too far in continuing the scuffle
:roll:

And secondly earlier in this thread you claimed i heard wrong about a fight taking place at this game insinuating there was no brawl and now you seem to be agreeing :lol: .

you also claim it to be only a scuffle....well whats this using a pole as a spear, beer throwing, and the need for an ambulance after the, what you told me, was a many more than one person fight and hence what i call an all in brawl!!!

But yet again the afl covered this up and nothing has been mentioned. I am very proud of the way league tries to deal with its problems in the open without the need to cover up. And what about the afl in relation to their drugs testing until recently, they had their own little rules didnt they so they could no doubt cover up the copious drug use of its players!

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
Why would I stick up for him? He went too far in continuing the scuffle
:roll:

And secondly earlier in this thread you claimed i heard wrong about a fight taking place at this game insinuating there was no brawl and now you seem to be agreeing :lol: .
Was hardly a brawl. :roll:
King-Eliagh wrote:
you also claim it to be only a scuffle....well whats this using a pole as a spear, beer throwing, and the need for an ambulance after the, what you told me, was a many more than one person fight and hence what i call an all in brawl!!!
4 people involved in a scuffle is hardly an all in brawl sunshine.
King-Eliagh wrote:
But yet again the afl covered this up and nothing has been mentioned. I am very proud of the way league tries to deal with its problems in the open without the need to cover up. And what about the afl in relation to their drugs testing until recently, they had their own little rules didnt they so they could no doubt cover up the copious drug use of its players!
Was nothing to cover up. I doubt the AFL even had knowledge of this minor scuffle at the footy. Certainly nothing when compared to bombs at the footy, as is the case in the NRL. As for drug testing, the AFL has signed on to the World Anti-Doping Agreement. Hardly covering things up.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The bomb you heard was made of fire crackers tied together...hardly a bomb by todays standards moonglow. In fact i used to make way better ones. And you havent seemed to respond to the need for an ambulance after what you called a "scuffle"? And also i heard these four were in your own words "pounding your buddy on the ground after he had been knocked down"? Scuffle?

I just dont know what to believe beaussie? I hope you understand that when you say one thing, and then change it completely, that it is hard for me to understand what is true?

xman wrote: