Landslide Victory for Labor in NT

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Landslide Victory for Labor in NT

Post by Beaussie »

It seems the CLP idea of building a massive lake near Alice Springs just didn't capture the imagination of NT voters. :_<>

Congrats Labor, two consecutive terms in governement. Nice to see the Greens also recorded a record 10% of the total vote.

Poor old Denis Burke. Looks like he as opposition leader is going to lose his own seat.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

Yes well done to Claire! She has bought AFL to the Territory and now has to get Joey if she wants a 3rd term!
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Yes Beaussie, the CLP were a hopeless rabble and got exactly what they deserved. Up here, it's very much like voting in the Southern States in the seventies - you have posters adourning every second home and I've never seen as much junk mail!

The amazing thing up here is that most electorates only have 4500 voters so that even a couple of hundred voters can swing a vote.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I forgot to fucking vote! Hey croc were you at the bulldogs v blues match by any chance on sat? Shit match but fuck the people of darwin love a drink now dont they. Anyway looks like another fine for me unless i can come up with some kind of excuse....

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

The only vote that counts is the big one in the Federal Election! And that is for Kim!

I did not get to vote in the election on the National Indigenous COuncil as they are token places....that is why Adam Goodes thinks he is a leader....as he is not much of a footballer!
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
I forgot to f****** vote! Hey croc were you at the bulldogs v blues match by any chance on sat? Shit match but f*** the people of darwin love a drink now dont they. Anyway looks like another fine for me unless i can come up with some kind of excuse....
Yes KE, I was at the match - great atmosphere and I had a few beers, but Carlton are just a rabble.

I remember about 8 years ago I forgot to vote in a state election in Qld. I got the letter several months later from the Electoral Commission asking the reason why I didn't vote. I couldn't afford the fine so I lied.

Tell them what I told hem - tell them you did vote. Make up a time and a booth you attended and you won't get the $115 fine. You see it will be put down to a clerical error of the officer who forgot to mark your name off or marked the name above or below yours. Bottom line is they won't fine you if you say this as they cannot rule out human error.

Believe me, it is fool proof!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Sweet! Cheers croc. Shall do. If it doesnt work though I'm gunna chop your nuts off with a pair of rusty scissors. :wink:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?