Adelaide more livable then Sydney

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 0

Adelaide more livable then Sydney

Post by piesman2011 »

In the worlds most livable city competition with the total entries totalling over 140 different cites, Adelaide has come in 2 places in front of Sydney as the more livable city. The home of AFLwarrior, the Mullet, no open shops after 5pm and brotherly/sisterly love has beaten the home of the Sydney habour bridge and the opera house. Another sad day for Sydney. :cry:
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Re: Adelaide more livable then Sydney

Post by eelofwest »

piesman2011 wrote:
In the worlds most livable city competition with the total entries totalling over 140 different cites, Adelaide has come in 2 places in front of Sydney as the more livable city. The home of AFLwarrior, the Mullet, no open shops after 5pm and brotherly/sisterly love has beaten the home of the Sydney habour bridge and the opera house. Another sad day for Sydney. :cry:
Are you the only fool who believes that Adelaide is a better city then Melbourne or Sydney?

Pies this thread is a dud...... :lol:
piesman2011
Coach
Coach

Post by piesman2011 »

I never said Adelaide was better then Melbourne. I just said it was rated better then Sydney as a more livable city. You seam a bit defensive of Sydney from all reports its not the best place in the world to live, I was just suprised that Adelaide came in, in front of Sydney.
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Has thanked: 0

Post by AFL Warrior »

Who says I am from Adelaide Piesman? For a so-called Pies supporter you are truly stupid. You sound like a Carlton supporter or better yet one of these nrl lackeys.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

piesman2011 wrote:
I never said Adelaide was better then Melbourne. I just said it was rated better then Sydney as a more livable city. You seam a bit defensive of Sydney from all reports its not the best place in the world to live, I was just suprised that Adelaide came in, in front of Sydney.
Pies who made this report BTW? can you give me a link please.

This is the reason the Sydney crowds are generally poor, the place is a bitch to get around in especially at peek hour. If by livable the report meant easy to get around in and not expensive then yes put Sydney down the bottom, but if you go on all other measures Sydney is terrific. So much to do in Sydney so many places to see so Beautiful and so multicultural, its a unique city. Anyone that will deny Sydney's Beauty are just haters plane and simple.

Btw the reason i seem defensive is because this thread is shyte and has nothing to do with footy...... :lol:

If you don't like Sydney then just say it Pies, no need to Bait people into a Sydney, Melbourne best city debate... :?
piesman2011
Coach
Coach

Post by piesman2011 »

AFL Warrior wrote:
Who says I am from Adelaide Piesman? For a so-called Pies supporter you are truly stupid. You sound like a Carlton supporter or better yet one of these nrl lackeys.

You have to be from Adelaide ive never met anyone as stupid as you who has been from any where else.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach

Post by piesman2011 »

eelofwest wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:

This is the reason the Sydney crowds are generally poor, the place is a bitch to get around in especially at peek hour. If by livable the report meant easy to get around in and not expensive then yes put Sydney down the bottom, but if you go on all other measures Sydney is terrific. So much to do in Sydney so many places to see so Beautiful and so multicultural, its a unique city. Anyone that will deny Sydney's Beauty are just haters plane and simple.

Btw the reason i seem defensive is because this thread is shyte and has nothing to do with footy...... :lol:

If you don't like Sydney then just say it Pies, no need to Bait people into a Sydney, Melbourne best city debate... :?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/na ... 6450134842

Yeah I guess I was just having a little bit of a troll. But it was More of a Adelaide V Sydney fight I was trying to start. I mean Sydney is just not in Melbourne's league. Sydney needs to beat out Adelaide first before we start a Melbourne V Sydney thing.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach

Post by piesman2011 »

By the way I haven't been to Sydney for about 25 years (I was about 10 the last time I was there) so I cant really comment on Sydney from a personal point of view. I would love to go to watch a few RL games or to go to a SOO match but the wife and 2 kids make it a little hard.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

piesman2011 wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/na ... 6450134842

Yeah I guess I was just having a little bit of a troll. But it was More of a Adelaide V Sydney fight I was trying to start. I mean Sydney is just not in Melbourne's league. Sydney needs to beat out Adelaide first before we start a Melbourne V Sydney thing.
Adelaide, Sydney and Perth have also featured in the top 10, while Vancouver - rated third - is one of three Canadian cities listed among the top destinations.
"In Adelaide, projects completed in recent years under the Strategic Infrastructure Plan for South Australia have been enough to move the city above Sydney, whose score is unchanged (from 2011)."
Sydney cant be to bad, we made the top 10. Close enough is good enough..... :lol: Our night life makes up for the drop in livable status imo... :lol: Not to mention the amount of things to see and do in Sydney.
Sydney has not gone backwards but Adelaide has moved forward, well done Adelaide. =D>
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

The world's top 10 most liveable cities:

1. Melbourne, Australia.

2. Vienna, Austria.

3. Vancouver, Canada.

4. Toronto, Canada.

5. Calgary, Canada.

5. (equal) Adelaide, Australia.

7. Sydney, Australia.

8. Helsinki, Finland.

9. Perth, Australia.

10. Auckland, New Zealand.

20. Brisbane, Australia.

Aus and Canada are in a league of our own.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

eelofwest wrote:
The world's top 10 most liveable cities:

1. Melbourne, Australia.

2. Vienna, Austria.

3. Vancouver, Canada.

4. Toronto, Canada.

5. Calgary, Canada.

5. (equal) Adelaide, Australia.

7. Sydney, Australia.

8. Helsinki, Finland.

9. Perth, Australia.

10. Auckland, New Zealand.

20. Brisbane, Australia.

Aus and Canada are in a league of our own.
I love how almost every NRL fan on LU claims Melbourne is the biggest dump on earth. Why are they so out of step with popular opinion? Because its the home of ARs. :lol:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

eelofwest wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:
So much to do in Sydney so many places to see so Beautiful and so multicultural, its a unique city.
We hear this all the time from Sydney chest thumpers and it's true but it is misleading because very view Sydney people venture out of their own micro city environment. Ask most Sydney people and they would say they don't venture into the city without good reason and they don't visit these beautiful sites except maybe to show visiters etc. And one problem is of course the difficulty and time taken getting around.

Nice try Cos.
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Has thanked: 0

Post by AFL Warrior »

Sydney is just full of nrl losers and drag queens. But one thing is certain, Sydney is Collingwood's Bitch!
Striker
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm

Post by Striker »

And Collingwood is the Melbourne Storm's bitch! Come take us on, bub!
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
And Collingwood is the Melbourne Storm's bitch! Come take us on, bub!
Wait, Collingwood with 75k members and a home crowd of 60k is the bitch of a team that loses millions every year, has 12k members and averages just over 12k crowds, despite being in the top 2?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one strikeout.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.