Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Joey is a legend

Post by Grim Reaper »

Afret years of bagging the NRL, Grim has turned a new leaf. I was fortunate to watch Joey's feats on the big screen in Alice Springs and now believe it is time to bring this warrior to the AFL!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

He's one injury away from the end of his career.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

I doubt it, he is like Jesus, he rose from the dead!
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

Joey had a superb second 40 but looked out of sorts in the opening stages. The forward pass call against Queensland and the 40-20 kick from Johns that followed was what turned the game around for us I think. Had Queensland scored that try it would have been hard to come back, as they put on 12 unanswered points prior to the half-time break. A great win and hopefully we will get up in the decider on their turf. Oh how sweet it would be :)
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes that Joey played a fine match!!! Out of sorts dizzy's? I dont think so, thats just commentator garbage. From my view he played a great first and second half, led the pack around like a true general, and then on top of that he showed why he never should have been snubbed. You just dont drop legends like that. Brett Kimmorley will always be ten levels below Johns.

And beaussie you never answered my text about who's pic was on the front and back page of the telegraph in sydney last thurs morning? :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

Thankfully I wasn't affected by commentator garbage, as I attended the match :)

I just got the impression Johns found it tough to keep up early on. He played solidly but I felt he was feeling it more than most, as you'd expect of course given he had limited matches prior to the Origin. The Queenslanders made the mistake of not running their forwards at him enough though in that first half.

But he well and truly dominated in the second half and hopefully he'll hit similar form in game 3.
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I think he will be in similar form for game three. He rises for these things. I think he said he found the early part of the match a bit fast paced but from what i saw he was still making the right plays at the right time, just settling in like many players out there if you ask me, nothing more.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?