Warney dumps the mobile

Whether it be cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, boxing or any other sport - this is the place for you.
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Warney dumps the mobile

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

Warne decides to dump his mobile phone

Cricinfo staff

June 11, 2005

Shane Warne has decided to stop using his mobile phone and asked his family and friends to communicate with him via e-mail instead. Warne left a message on his existing phone saying that he has decided to stop using the device, one that had embroiled him in a series of sex-texting controversies over the years.

Warne's decision came a day after his wife Simone and three children joined him in England from Australia. In the voice message that he left on his phone, according to The Daily Telegraph, Warne said, "I am not sure if it's going to work or not. So I won't be getting any more messages on this number via voice or text, but you can contact me via e-mail."

Warne's current action comes ten weeks after his latest scandal while on tour in New Zealand. Warne was also targeted in 2003, the year when he was banned for using a banned substance, by Helen Cohen Alon, a South African mother who said she was harrassed by text messages. In 2000 Warne said he and Donna Wright, an English nurse, had conducted "dirty" phone calls but there were no harrassing notes.

© Cricinfo
:lol:
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80