Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Poor iddy biddy Ricky

Post by Scorger Man »

Is it just me or does Ricky Stuart always have someone else to blame after any team he has involvement with loses. All last year we heard him carrying on about how his Roosters always seem to get a bad deal week in, week out from the referees and again this year but with the added team of the NSW boos. (that's right, the BOOS!)

Whether it is the interpretations of the rules or dicey decisions, Ricky looked that disenheartened at the post match interview I thought he was going to cry (sorry thats AFL) The best photo of the SoO 1 was the spread in the Sunday Telegraph with Matty Bowen scoring the winning try off the wonderful hands of Brett Kimmorley. Ricky couldn't even watch, lovely stuff that!!

Maybe Ricky just needs to have faith in his NSW BOOS squad, take them out on the piss, get some bonding back into them, get Mark "FIRE UP BITCH" Gasnier on the phone duties, get in touch with the likes of Hoppa and head to Coffs Harbour - look who won the NRL Grandfinal last year (and who did they beat!)
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Scorger Man, in my opinion your head has been scrambled due to watching too much League, however, there is more than a ounce of truth in what you say!

Stuart is a little worm who coaches underachievers! In all honesty, he was over-rated as a player too!

As far as watching his post match origin comments:- Sorry but I had fallen asleep well before this occurred. A person can only take so much of argy-bargy, boring, monotonous Rugby League!
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

I was quite surprised and unimpressed with the way Stuart carried on after Origin 1. He has obviously learnt his trade from Phil Gould.
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers

Post by Scorger Man »

As I have previously said, Iddy Biddy Ricky boy is at it again still whinging at post match interviews and it's only week one!! Even though I'm not much of a Ben Walker fan, I have to give it to him for stating what many a footy fan believe,

shut the f**k up Ricky, we're sick of hearing your constant drone about how the rooters are hard done by!

I reckon ban the beefeater Morley from the NRL, just look at his track record.

Back on iddy boy, I can't wait until Morley, playing for Great Britian, takes out (as that is the only way he knows how) a Kangaroo forward (preferably Anasta as now he's a rooter he'll be a shoo in for the national team) and see what iddy boy says then.
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

He is a whinging soft cock...

I'll be lauging at him when the Roosters miss the 8 ...( again...)
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Just out of interest, who do you support Willis?
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Who is Ricky Stuart?
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

Beaussie wrote:
Just out of interest, who do you support Willis?
The 2005 and 2006 Premiers - Wests Tigers
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Bandwagoner? Or were you an original Wests Magpies or Balmain Tigers supporter?

And you're getting a bit ahead of yourself with the 2006 Premiers line aren't ya?
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

I don't think I am getting ahead of myself ... They are specials this year, ( with the proviso that the injury bug doesn't get them too bad - not a good start to the year though with Fulton gone for the year, and Marshall 6 weeks... :| )

Bandwagoner?? Yeah right.. I have supported Balmain since 1979....

I think the Swans should know all about Bandwagons though don't they?? The extra 700,000 Sydney people that watched the AFL grand final in 2005 compared to 2004 is all the evidence I need about that...
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Well if you believe the bookies they're not specials. Granted they generally don't know what they're talking about though.

Good to hear you've been a fan through the good and bad though. The merger must have been hard. Actually I imagine moreso for Wests Magpies fans as Balmain pretty much took over. Is that a fair assessment? Anyway all the negatives with the merger are insignificant after last season I imagine.

And you'd have to admit the Wests Tigers have a huge bandwagon as well. Look how many seemed to fill Campbelltown Stadium last season. Where were they throughout past seasons?
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

People want to see winning teams.... I think this is true of any sport... Campbelltown is a young area where the people aren't exactly the most affluent in Sydney... Maybe when money is tight, you don't want to spend it on an arvo at the footy when there is a likelihood your team is going to get lapped....Also kids are pretty fickle when it comes to supporting teams that have one losing season after another... I wonder how many Swans fans were attending games during the early 90's when they won 1 game out of about 30??

I accepted the merger to be inevitable... Balmain hadn't made the finals in a decade, continually struggled for money, and had very little junior teams ( I believe that they have more junior teams in the area this year, then they did during their glory years of the late 80's.. how is that for irony??)

I'm glad they merged with Wests, if they had to merge with anyone... Last year when they won the GF was the best sporting moment of my life... I didn't feel that it had been diminished by the fact that they had merged, and were no longer Balmain any more...
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Willis 21 wrote:
People want to see winning teams.... I think this is true of any sport...
So it's agreed that all sporting teams have a bandwagon and the situation is far from unique to the Swans.
Willis 21 wrote:
Campbelltown is a young area where the people aren't exactly the most affluent in Sydney... Maybe when money is tight, you don't want to spend it on an arvo at the footy when there is a likelihood your team is going to get lapped....Also kids are pretty fickle when it comes to supporting teams that have one losing season after another... I wonder how many Swans fans were attending games during the early 90's when they won 1 game out of about 30??
Once again, how is that different for the Swans or any other team for that matter? Considering the Swans won 3 wooden spoons in a row during the early 90s, the crowds back then at the SCG weren't so bad. I think it's safe to say the Swans now have a hardcore supporter base of at least 20,000-25,000 fans/members in Sydney. Could any NRL club boast such figures? Not a chance.
Willis 21 wrote:
I accepted the merger to be inevitable... Balmain hadn't made the finals in a decade, continually struggled for money, and had very little junior teams ( I believe that they have more junior teams in the area this year, then they did during their glory years of the late 80's.. how is that for irony??)

I'm glad they merged with Wests, if they had to merge with anyone... Last year when they won the GF was the best sporting moment of my life... I didn't feel that it had been diminished by the fact that they had merged, and were no longer Balmain any more...
I imagine many old South Melbourne Swans supporters feel the same as you after seeing Sydney Swans taste premiership glory. Same goes for the old Brisbane Bears and Fitzroy Lions supporters. The old Illawarra Steelers supporters I guess also share this feeling after their merger with St George. You agree?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Willis 21 wrote:
Bit of a reality check last night hey Willis. :lol:
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

Beaussie wrote:
Willis 21 wrote:
Bit of a reality check last night hey Willis. :lol:
I tipped against the Tigers last night, but the margin of loss was disappointing...

Its early days, and they have got injury problems...

You win the comp in September/October.... not in March though...