Racism in the NRL Continues

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Team: Collingwood
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Racism in the NRL Continues

Post by AFL Warrior »

nrl supporters are racist filth and should all be sterilised. We are the AFL do not tolerate such racist nonsense and our code addresses it. The nrl on the other hand buries it head in the sand and makes out it does not exist. They even go to to the extent of using token Aborigines in the past to make out racism did not exist....the name Beetson comes to mind!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

King-Eliagh wrote:
What's this post on Bigfooty all about Xman?

Essendon supporters biggest bogans?
Have clearly sailed past Collingwood and Richmond for worst supporters in the AFL. Essendon supporters are now under police and Colonial Stadium investigation for throwing full bottles of drinks at player, more than one incident on the weekend.

On the back of disgraceful treatment of Stanton previously and the club going to the extraordinary measure of making public statement that they don't want the bogan supporters at the club.

What is it about this club that has become a modern day moron magnet when the worst of clubs have made great strides to become decent supporters in recent years?

:lol: Which club do you support again Xman? Can I also call you 'thugby'? :lol:
You never answered this question Xman ya big bogan :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

AFL Warrior wrote:
nrl supporters are racist filth and should all be sterilised. We are the AFL do not tolerate such racist nonsense and our code addresses it. The nrl on the other hand buries it head in the sand and makes out it does not exist. They even go to to the extent of using token Aborigines in the past to make out racism did not exist....the name Beetson comes to mind!
Yes those blues fans are a bunch of wankers. A few bad eggs in 84,000 is not bad.

It is fantastic to see the AFL addressing overt racism in their crowd...i think its once they've done this, once. While this stuff is good to see, overt racism is really quite simple to address and the NRL should do something about these batchy blues wankers, if they have clear evidence...this seems uncertain with the links Xmans given. Unfortunately though the AFL seems to have a much more serious and sinister problem with examples of 'covert' and institutional racism apparent within the organisation. Several clearcut cases this year. But, one must ask, why? Why does the AFL have this problem?

Please refer to the is the AFL racist thread to find some well thought out answers. :wink:

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
What's this post on Bigfooty all about Xman?

Essendon supporters biggest bogans?
Have clearly sailed past Collingwood and Richmond for worst supporters in the AFL. Essendon supporters are now under police and Colonial Stadium investigation for throwing full bottles of drinks at player, more than one incident on the weekend.

On the back of disgraceful treatment of Stanton previously and the club going to the extraordinary measure of making public statement that they don't want the bogan supporters at the club.

What is it about this club that has become a modern day moron magnet when the worst of clubs have made great strides to become decent supporters in recent years?

:lol: Which club do you support again Xman? Can I also call you 'thugby'? :lol:
You never answered this question Xman ya big bogan :lol:
Wow, an intra-club troll on BF. there's an entire board dedicated to it you knong! #-o
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
AFL Warrior wrote:
Yes those blues fans are a bunch of wankers. A few bad eggs in 84,000 is not bad.

It is fantastic to see the AFL addressing overt racism in their crowd...i think its once they've done this, once. While this stuff is good to see, overt racism is really quite simple to address and the NRL should do something about these batchy blues wankers, if they have clear evidence...this seems uncertain with the links Xmans given. Unfortunately though the AFL seems to have a much more serious and sinister problem with examples of 'covert' and institutional racism apparent within the organisation. Several clearcut cases this year. But, one must ask, why? Why does the AFL have this problem?

Please refer to the is the AFL racist thread to find some well thought out answers. :wink:
You are such a liar! [-X

The racism we have seen this year has been predominantly within the NRL, and it's been a repeated campaign of disgusting behaviour.

The only incidents in the AFL have been an isolated fan who was punished comprehensively, and a club recruiter who spoke out about the difficulties faced by indigenous players and their difficulties adapting to professional sport compared to their present culture.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Liar? No. I point out the truth...which you cant handle. "speakin out about the difficulties faced by indigenous players" :lol: oh that's a laugh. You shouldnt condone it Xman [-X

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Liar? No. I point out the truth...which you cant handle. "speakin out about the difficulties faced by indigenous players" :lol: oh that's a laugh. You shouldnt condone it Xman [-X
Of course I condone it! He spoke out about a problem that needs to be addressed. His comments weren't racist in any way.

Any other non issues you're accusing the AFL of?

Interesting how you made a song an dance about a single AFL fan, yet brushed over this entire official supporter group of racist RL fans who even abused indigenous players from their own team. [-X racism is rife in the N Racist L
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Anyone catch Q&A on the ABC last night?

Racist epithets from NSW supporters directed at Aboriginal players from the Queensland and New South Wales teams were discussed. What was most disgraceful was how it was said the crowd just accepted it as normal.
STATE OF ORIGIN RACISM

James Stancliffe asked: While I was at the State of Origin match last Wednesday, I heard many racist epithets directed at the Aboriginal members of the Queensland team and at Akuila Uate for NSW. Is this just a small minority of Australians, or does it represent a larger proportion of our society?

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/txt/s3522732.htm
Do something for crying out loud ARLC.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach

Post by piesman2011 »

This is sad. It is an Australian cultural issue rather then a AFL/NRL issue. The kids today are getting better at least from what I have seen. Hopefully the issue of racism in Australia, will be almost dead in the next 30 years.
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain

Post by AFL Warrior »

Ah the nrl flying the flag for the KKK in Australia!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes I saw it beaussie/ And I agree, something should be done. While the NRL appears to be the better code internally, there is some work that can be done externally which will benefit all.

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

piesman2011 wrote:
This is sad. It is an Australian cultural issue rather then a AFL/NRL issue. The kids today are getting better at least from what I have seen. Hopefully the issue of racism in Australia, will be almost dead in the next 30 years.
I dont think the issue of racism will die so quickly. It's fairly prominent the world over. Overt racism is dying but as humans we continue to struggle with accepting 'difference'. Most have learnt that outwardly calling someone a negative name based on their skin colour is wrong but we still hold many unconscious perceptions about 'others' that are most often based on fear, ignorance and media representation.

xman wrote:
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain

Post by AFL Warrior »

King Coward your a good apologist for the national rapist..oops racist league I give you that!
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

My Grim view is that the NSW State of Origin team selectors are racist and this reflects across to their supporters.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes Grim you might be onto something there. There's been a lot of controversy about this, going back to and before mundene wasnt picked. I wonder how QLD of all places seems to be the better state in all of this. I guess having legends leading the show up there like mal and artie has helped.

xman wrote: