Brown To Stay A Lion

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Brown To Stay A Lion

Post by Beaussie »

Despite an offer of $3 million from Collingwood and Eddie talking of Brown's potential on the Footy Show, it seems Jonathan Brown will remain a Lion:
SMH wrote:
Brown to stay an AFL Brisbane Lion
May 3, 2005 - 1:25PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Brown- ... 56296.html

Brisbane Lions star Jonathan Brown has pledged his future to the triple AFL premiers despite a media report suggesting Collingwood was about to offer him its entire war chest.

The Age on Tuesday reported Magpies president Eddie McGuire and CEO Greg Swann were working on a $3 million offer for the 23-year-old that would have him return to his home state.

But Brown told Melbourne radio station SEN that he would re-sign with Brisbane because he had unfinished business with the club.

"Yep, I'll stay a Brisbane Lion. You've heard it first," Brown said.

"Call it loyalty, call it what you want, but I suppose I've got people up here who I'm really tight with. We've made a lot of great bonds over the last few years and I've got people in my corner I can trust.

"Myself and my girlfriend are pretty settled down, and there's a lot of factors.

"I'm not sure whether you call it loyalty but I've got a lot of things I still want to achieve in Brisbane itself, with this club.

"I just want to be a part of the club and a bit of a resurgence and hopefully staying at the top, and I know that I've got people around me that are going to be working as hard as they possibly can to do that and I'd love to be a major cog or major integral part of that."

Brown made a stunning return to the league during his side's big win over Essendon at the weekend, kicking eight goals after missing the early stages of the season due to suspension.
Fantastic news for the Lions and their fans one would imagine. Gees I'd love to see Brown in a Swans guernsey.
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Sorry Beaussie, he'd be wasted at the Swans. He would spend half the game running back to flood in defence and would only get the ball once or twice a game in a scoring position!