Overrated Gallipoli Bullshit

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Overrated Gallipoli Bullshit

Post by Grim Reaper »

What is it with these young morons who go to Gallipoli and say that this is their scared site.

That is part of Turkey and the white Australians invaded Turkey and got their asses kicked. If Turkey wants to build high rise condos there then good luck to them.

The Australian Government and these deluded pilgrims shoud shut up and mind their own fucking business.

I suggest to Turkey that next time some dimwit Australian 'pilgrim' goes to Gallipoli and tells the Turks what to do then chuck them in a detention centre or plant some drugs on them!

Turkey for Turkey!
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Yes Grim, agree, and also people trying to promote the belief that Gallipoli was a defining moment for Australia and Australians is also a lot of hogwash. It's bunkum and is a ludicrous suggestion put forward by people who don't want to, or cannot admit that the first wars Australians participated in were frontier wars of the 18th and 19th centuries against the aborigines.

They don't want the murder, rape and seclusion of aborigines to be the defining moment for Australia.

The real story about Australian soldiers in WWI needs to be made abundantly clear to all of us.

1. Australians had the highest desertion rate out of any country in the War. The brave Anzac, in some cases, just doesn't stack up. Many ran like there was no tomorrow, particularly in the Somme.

2. Australians also had the highest rate of venereal disease and STD's in the War. Aussie soldiers fukked like there was no tomorrow - we can't blame them for that - but let's not pretend they were superheros when they were just humans getting by.

3. Australian soldiers were mercenaries and were amongst the best paid soldiers in the War - they were not there for King and Country - most were there for the dough!

Let's put to rest this shiite about the ANZAC legend and defining moments in our history - we got our arses kicked by the Turks, plain and simple.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

My thoughts exactly Croc....all those tears by those 'pilgrims' make me sick. Why don;t they make a pilGRIMage to Myall Creek and have a good sob!....bloody hypocrites the lots of them. I hope the Turks decide to ban Australians from Gallipoli! What is Australia going to do? Invade Turkey again for another belting! Viva Turkey!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Must say I'm over the whole Gallipoli saga myself. Seeing all these Australians go over there and sob before leaving the Turks to clean up the disgusting mess left behind made me ill.

Imagine the outcry if Turks where to come to Australia and dump their shit in the same fashion. Would the Australian taxpayer and government be happy to foot the clean up bill? I don't think so.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

It would never happen here. The redneck trash in Australia would throw the Turks into a detention centre and leave them there.

Considering the stupid pilgrims go to Turkey to have a sob for getting their asses kicked I reckon the Japanese should be allowed to come here a drop a tear for the bombing of Darwin in 1942, the submarine attack in Sydney Harbour in 1942.

These folks are much entitled to come here and have a cry and then trash the place.....
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
Yes Grim, agree, and also people trying to promote the belief that Gallipoli was a defining moment for Australia and Australians is also a lot of hogwash. It's bunkum and is a ludicrous suggestion put forward by people who don't want to, or cannot admit that the first wars Australians participated in were frontier wars of the 18th and 19th centuries against the aborigines.
Why is it such a struggle for Australian to acknowledge this fact?

Sadly it seems a bit like Native Title where it took the highest court in the land over 200 years to overturn the ridiculous assumption that this land was considerd 'terra nullius'. :roll:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

I am going to Turkey with my brother in law at the next Anzac Day and be on the side of the good guys singing we kicked you ass!