So Much for Wizard Cup Form

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

So Much for Wizard Cup Form

Post by Beaussie »

What happened with Carlton today? Still celebrating their pre season cup victory perhaps. A bit of a worry hey pickles?
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Pickles »

Yes Beaussie, i went to the game today and our performance wasnt to flash. North Melbourne found our weakness's and and shut us down. plain and simple Dean Laidley out coached Pagan by a mile! The Roos got spare players free on the wing and delived it to a Rocca who was on fire and his kicking was great! Carlton couldnt do what they do best, run the ball down fast.

i see your working on the Arcade Beaussie! good luck!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

pickles wrote:
Yes Beaussie, i went to the game today and our performance wasnt to flash. North Melbourne found our weakness's and and shut us down. plain and simple Dean Laidley out coached Pagan by a mile! The Roos got spare players free on the wing and delived it to a Rocca who was on fire and his kicking was great! Carlton couldnt do what they do best, run the ball down fast.
I would've like to have seen this game on TV today considering the Swans have the Roos next week in Canberra. Was only able to catch the highlights on Sports Tonight as the game wasn't shown in Sydney unless of course you had Fox Footy.

I consider Laidley as one of the best when it comes to coaching and getting the most out of his list. Hopefully the Swans have better luck next week. Oh hang on, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, we still gotta win tomorrow first.
pickles wrote:
i see your working on the Arcade Beaussie! good luck!
Thanks mate, it is proving very difficult to get up and running. :(
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

Beaussie wrote:
I consider Laidley as one of the best when it comes to coaching and getting the most out of his list.
i havent thought of him like that, although his coaching today was brilliant. he out-coached Pagan by a mile and i will give him credit for that. When thinking of the coach who gets the most out of his players i think of Pagan he has done heaps for us and im hoping we resign him ASAP!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

pickles wrote:
When thinking of the coach who gets the most out of his players i think of Pagan he has done heaps for us and im hoping we resign him ASAP!
Carlton would be mad not to resign Pagan.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Fantastic effort by the Blues last night. You must be happy pickles. Perhaps I spoke to soon when saying so much for their Wizard Cup form.

How stirring was it when they played the club song at the conclusion. Top effort Carlton.
Matrix
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by Matrix »

That's why winning the Wizard Cup doesn't mean you are going to win the real thing. Look at Port before them, and Adelaide, the years they won the cup they didn't win the flag. It happened to the Saints last year aswell, and it could happen the the Baby Blues.
Dave.

You may be only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

Yep it was a good comeback....looking forward to todays game :D
footygeek
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by footygeek »

pickles wrote:
Yep it was a good comeback....looking forward to todays game :D
Same here, and i just hope that carlton dont blast the pies alway with a 50+ point victory. I hope it is a good close game, and maybe a couple of punches through.. If so i hope Rocca snaps campo and K.O's him.. :lol:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Looks like it will be a close last quarter. Margin is now 7 points after another Pies goal. They are right back in the contest now.