Cricket - SCG or Telstra Stadium?

Whether it be cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, boxing or any other sport - this is the place for you.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Cricket - SCG or Telstra Stadium?

Post by Beaussie »

You are probably aware that the SCG recently won the tender for one day internationals and tests, but was it the right decision?

The ACB in my mind has missed a golden opportunity to increase their appeal and turnover from cricket fixtures in Sydney.

As a Swans fan, the SCG is nice for its tradition, however the facilities leave a lot to be desired (ever seen the lines for food, beer & toilets during breaks in play?). :roll:

Personally I much prefer Telstra Stadium for Swans games and I would have thought Telstra Stadium would have been a better option for the ACB, if only for the fact that more Sydneysiders would have the opportunity to attend.

The SCG is just not big enough seating capacity wise and as mentioned, the facilities are woeful, not to mention the fact that fans from the western suburbs have a long way to travel to attend fixtures. Traffic around the Moore Park area on game day is also an absolute mess.

The ACB in my opinion should have awarded the test matces to the SCG whilst transferring all one day internationals to Homebush where much bigger crowds could attend. Thoughts anyone?
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Tradition -v- Progression

Interesting debate. Do we look to the past or to the future?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:

The future at least for one day internationals. Test cricket in my opinion would struggle for crowd support no matter where it is played and as such is better suited to the smaller SCG.
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Beaussie wrote:
crocodileman wrote:

The future at least for one day internationals. Test cricket in my opinion would struggle for crowd support no matter where it is played and as such is better suited to the smaller SCG.
I agree Beaussie!