a tough week for tipping (AFL)

For all the latest forum/site updates, suggestions and news.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

a tough week for tipping (AFL)

Post by Pickles »

i have now entered my tips...it is quite a difficult round to tip and at the end of the round there could be 1 flat out leader. of course im not going to tell you who i tipped! but i think these games will be very close:

Carlton Vs Essendon - Essendon is missing Lloyd although with Thorton out for the Blues this will be even.

Kangaroos Vs Sydney - im preety sure that even though its Roos home game that the majority of the crowd will be Sydney, The Kangaroos game last week wasnt that great although there tactics seemed to work.

Hawks Vs Richmond - Both teams will be wanting to win just as much and show there supporters that they will be better than last year. i think whoever wants it more will win.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

I didn't do to well last round. Hopefully I do better this week. Brisbane v Port is a hard one to tip. Despite it being in Adelaide and the Power beating them last time they met in the GF, I'm going with Brisbane.

Collingwood v Adelaide could go either way too. The Pies didn't look to flash on Monday and Adelaide in Melbourne, hmmm.

Western Bulldogs v Melbourne looks interesting too.

And pickles I was in Canberra last year for the Kangas v Swans game and the crowd was predominately Sydney supporters.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

Beaussie when r the scores gonna b updated??? i wana c where im coming
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

pickles wrote:
Beaussie when r the scores gonna b updated??? i wana c where im coming
I haven't yet got the email attachment with the results for the AFL. The NRL has come through and been updated but I'm still awaiting on the AFL results. I can of course manually enter them, however it is much easier with the attached file that gets sent to me as it also updates the ladder etc. Should be sometime soon as the NRL has already come through. Will keep you posted. They are usually posted on Sunday nights, so it shouldn't be much longer.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

ok, i got 6 this week i wont get exited because i dont know how other people went. i missed on collingwood & hawks :(
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

pickles wrote:
ok, i got 6 this week i wont get exited because i dont know how other people went. i missed on collingwood & hawks :(
Have now uploaded the results for round 2 of the AFL. Sorry for the delay, I only got the results attachment this morning. Anyway you've done alright pickles. I had another shocker. Oh well, I'm still leading the NRL comp. :P
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

yer i see im still coming equal first :D give me a few more weeks and i hope i can become a clear leader :!:
big tommy
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by big tommy »

Beaussie wrote:
pickles wrote:
Have now uploaded the results for round 2 of the AFL. Sorry for the delay, I only got the results attachment this morning. Anyway you've done alright pickles. I had another shocker. Oh well, I'm still leading the NRL comp. :P
Yes you are Beaussie, but I'm set to pounce.

If you looked at both comps together, they clearly show that I'm the best tipster on these forums!
The Mighty Lions will Come Back to Life in 2006
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

You certainly are doing well in both comps mate. Still not good enough to knock me off top spot in the NRL comp though.
footygeek
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by footygeek »

im not doing to well in the tipping comp :|
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

footygeek wrote:
The AFL tipping comp has now been updated with the average scores (rounded down by 1) for the first 2 rounds.
footygeek
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by footygeek »

Beaussie wrote:
footygeek wrote:
The AFL tipping comp has now been updated with the average scores (rounded down by 1) for the first 2 rounds.
how come? :|
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

footygeek wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
footygeek wrote:
how come? :|
Sorry, my mistake, that only applies to those who have not entered their tips or late entrants. :oops:

Those who join late (and yes it's never to late), get the average score to date rounded down by 1.
footygeek
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by footygeek »

lol, ok :cool: