How West was lost

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: How West was lost

Post by Xman »

What are you basing these figures on?

As I showed, TV doesn't show it because every game includes neutral supporters. The swans games would not since Sydney AFL supporters would go for the Swans. Therefor the swans games that get 100k are all their supporters. The NRL games that get 400k are a mixture of 9 NRL clubs supporters.

So what are you basing these figures on? Surely not crowds and memberships! So what?

If your figures are true and each Sydneyy RL team has 160k of core support, and the swans only 100k, why do the swans get greater crowds than any Sydney RL team, and many times more members?
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:

As I showed, TV doesn't show it because every game includes neutral supporters. The swans games would not since Sydney AFL supporters would go for the Swans. Therefor the swans games that get 100k are all their supporters. The NRL games that get 400k are a mixture of 9 NRL clubs supporters.

So what are you basing these figures on? Surely not crowds and memberships! So what?

If your figures are true and each Sydneyy RL team has 160k of core support, and the swans only 100k, why do the swans get greater crowds than any Sydney RL team, and many times more members?
the Swans get marginally more spectators then our biggest Sydney NRL club from last year
Swans 25K n falling
the Bulldogs in an appalling year in 2011 for them 20K ... plenty more not far off this figure too
Tigers .. Dragons .. Parramatta

members .. its even closer
Swans 25K n falling .... Souths & the Dragons 22K each ( gawd if souths could just get going on the field )

2012 .. the swans may get over taken in both depts by Sydney NRL clubs
will ceratinly in the next few years

it aint rocket science
my calculations are pretty much spot on :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

the Swans get marginally more spectators then our biggest Sydney NRL club from last year
Swans 25K n falling
the Bulldogs in an appalling year in 2011 for them 20K ... plenty more not far off this figure too

Swans 25K n falling .... Souths & the Dragons 22K each ( gawd if souths could just get going on the field )

it aint rocket science
So let me see if I've got this:

The swans get over 25% more people to their home games, and have around 20% more members, than even the biggest Sydney RL teams, yet you are saying all the Sydney RL teams have around 60% more fans each than the swans?

Nice logic!
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

Swans 25K n falling

it aint rocket science

The swans get over 25% more people to their home games, and have around 20% more members, than even the biggest Sydney RL teams, yet you are saying all the Sydney RL teams have around 60% more fans each than the swans?

Nice logic!
20% more members ?.... try 10 [-X

& yep .. on average
because that Sydney .. NRL side has another 60% more people who follow them at home from their lounge room
you don't think a side Like Souths haven't got 150K fans in sydney

Parramatta
the Bulldogs

please ... :roll:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

NSWAFL
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Hills Eagles

Post by NSWAFL »

Lounge room followers are useless when it comes to the crunch, Dave. Clubs need attendance at games. No wonder the NRL hasn't got as much money as the AFL.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Swans 25K n falling

it aint rocket science

Nice logic!

& yep .. on average
because that Sydney .. NRL side has another 60% more people who follow them at home from their lounge room

Parramatta
the Bulldogs

So I've proven my point that you cannot use attendance and memberships to say the NRL in Sydney is 15 times the size of the swans. These indicators suggest the swans are bigger than any Sydney NRL team. Given theres only 9 NRL Sydney teams the factor should be more like 6-8 times.

So what are you using to gauge your factor of 15?

If youre using tv ratings the NRL gets 400k on fn in primetime but down to an average of 300k on Sunday afternoon. Even if you count the swans getting 50k for an afternoon game, which most of their games are, that's a factor of 6. This doesn't include the fact that the NRL games get a large amount of neutral supporters watching their games.

So where the hell is this factor of 15 coming from??
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach

Post by NSWAFL »

Out of his arse, Xman.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

Nice logic!

& yep .. on average

Parramatta
the Bulldogs

So I've proven my point that you cannot use attendance and memberships to say the NRL in Sydney is 15 times the size of the swans. These indicators suggest the swans are bigger than any Sydney NRL team. Given theres only 9 NRL Sydney teams the factor should be more like 6-8 times.

If youre using tv ratings the NRL gets 400k on fn in primetime but down to an average of 300k on Sunday afternoon. Even if you count the swans getting 50k for an afternoon game, which most of their games are, that's a factor of 6. This doesn't include the fact that the NRL games get a large amount of neutral supporters watching their games.

you've proven squat
the factor of 15 is a logical .. obvious conclusion to those that know Sydneysiders
they have no time for AR
they have plenty for RL

K :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

NSWAFL wrote:
Lounge room followers are useless when it comes to the crunch, Dave. Clubs need attendance at games. No wonder the NRL hasn't got as much money as the AFL.
a billion plus TV deal says something else ... K :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

NSWAFL
Coach
Coach

Post by NSWAFL »

You haven't got that deal and you never will, Dave.

And you proved nothing about that 15 factor. You're making it up.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

& yep .. on average

Parramatta
the Bulldogs

you've proven squat
the factor of 15 is a logical .. obvious conclusion to those that know Sydneysiders
they have no time for AR
they have plenty for RL

K :wink:
I've shown the crowds for The swans are not 1/15th the NRLs in Sydney. Proof your theory is not based on crowds!

You've proven nothing to back up this 15 factor. Being logical to you is certainly not proof. In fact you can't even describe how you came to that number! Was it just a feeling you had? Maybe that's just puberty!
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach

Post by NSWAFL »

Xman, if in the next post he doesn't prove the 15 factor or give us anything new - I recommend the delete button.
Topper
Coach
Coach
Team: AFL

Post by Topper »

I recommend the ban button.
Rugby League has a lying culture. Altering crowd figures, relying on inaccurate TV figures from regional NSW and refusing to distance itself from Leagues Clubs and obtain it's own club memberships as it relies on LC's to survive as private entities.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

NSWAFL wrote:
Xman, if in the next post he doesn't prove the 15 factor or give us anything new - I recommend the delete button.
No, the 15 factor is clearly subjective so therefore an opinion.

I'm just tying to prove he's stupid, although he's doing a good job of it himself. :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

NSWAFL wrote:
You haven't got that deal and you never will, Dave.

And you proved nothing about that 15 factor. You're making it up.

we will
I have
says you
nuff said

:wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million