The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.

What is the No.1 Football Code in Australia?

Australian Football
58%
Rugby League
35%
Rugby Union
2%
Soccer
5%

Total votes: 111

King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code In Australia

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG you have no authority in regards to the AFL or this board (you were run out of here by the masses a few months ago remember?) So what you've "always said" really means diddly squat in here or in regards to the AFL right? Raider is presenting some logical arguments here so I tend to believe him above some ranting lunatic who uses the argument "I've always said". So shut your pie eater TLPG.

We can only hope that's enough but you'll be back in here again ya big pretender.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
They do NOT! I've always said that the way the ratings is done needs to be reviewed, especially that garbage regional figures that as Beau has always said misses chunks of the regional areas - as well as counting overlaps leading to inflated figures, especially on the Gold Coast and in regional SA. So shut up, Raider, and stop spouting rubbish.

That's enough.
embrace the truth peanut
stop turning yourself in knots of dispair ..... theres no shame running 2nd to a juggernaut like the NRL

accept that all the mythical AFL arguments ... that are as accurate as therories about the lochness monster
need to be dismissed as desperate attempts at deflection by delusional fools & nothing more

theres a good peanut :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Topper
Coach
Coach
Team: AFL

Post by Topper »

TLPG wrote:
They do NOT! I've always said that the way the ratings is done needs to be reviewed, especially that garbage regional figures that as Beau has always said misses chunks of the regional areas - as well as counting overlaps leading to inflated figures, especially on the Gold Coast and in regional SA. So shut up, Raider, and stop spouting rubbish.

That's enough.
Overlaps on the Gold Coast don't cause inflated figures, TLPG. In fact it causes the opposite as many on the Gold Coast view the northern New South Wales channels, and these are never counted in Queensland.
Rugby League has a lying culture. Altering crowd figures, relying on inaccurate TV figures from regional NSW and refusing to distance itself from Leagues Clubs and obtain it's own club memberships as it relies on LC's to survive as private entities.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Intentcity wrote:
AFL by the lengh.
Couldn't agree more Intentcity! :D
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Just realised Soccer isn't on the list. Not that I think it will make much difference to the poll results. Australian Football is clearly Number 1.

Edit: Damn, adding soccer reset the poll. Oh well we all knew which code was leading by a mile.
Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

I'm sure everyone will vote again, Beaussie.
Rugby League has a lying culture. Altering crowd figures, relying on inaccurate TV figures from regional NSW and refusing to distance itself from Leagues Clubs and obtain it's own club memberships as it relies on LC's to survive as private entities.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

If a visitor from the USA came to Australia and was presented with the facts regarding the two major winter leagues in Australia:

- AFL gets more than double the attendances
- AFL has more than double the members
- AFL has far far more money
- AFL has far greater yearly revenue, in fact they clear more as profit than the NRL's entire revenue
- AFL has double the media interest
- Australian Rules has many many times more grass roots leagues in RL heartland states than visa versa
- AFL has at least 2 teams in the 6 largest cities of Australia, with regular games in 5 additional city centers (Darwin, Hobart, Cairns, ACT, Launceston)

- NRL claims a TV ratings win despite inaccurately counted figures, the inclusion of rep games that arent part of their league, many many more games available for their fans to watch, and live Prime time games. Despite this the AFL actually earn more than double the NRL from TV rights.

I wonder which winter code they would think is the larger of the two???

Choose A for the AFL
Choose B for the NRL and you're in denial
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

A
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
If a visitor from the USA came to Australia and was presented with the facts regarding the two major winter leagues in Australia:

- AFL has far greater yearly revenue, in fact they clear more as profit than the NRL's entire revenue
- Australian Rules has many many times more grass roots leagues in RL heartland states than visa versa
- AFL has at least 2 teams in the 6 largest cities of Australia, with regular games in 5 additional city centers (Darwin, Hobart, Cairns, ACT, Launceston)

- NRL claims a TV ratings win despite inaccurately counted figures, the inclusion of rep games that arent part of their league, many many more games available for their fans to watch, and live Prime time games. Despite this the AFL actually earn more than double the NRL from TV rights.

Choose A for the AFL

If an american came to Australia & looked at AFL
this would be his reaction

8-[
:-k
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

Choose A for the AFL

You mean "when". When Americans watch AFL they usually love it. Our kicking game reminds them of their long passing game but unlike their game is AFL is non stop. They're also fascinated by the lack of protective gear.
Nice try Cos.
Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

Impressed is the word I would use, as well as fascinated.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

cos789 wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

Choose A for the AFL

You mean "when". When Americans watch AFL they usually love it. Our kicking game reminds them of their long passing game but unlike their game is AFL is non stop. They're also fascinated by the lack of protective gear.
I have American friends
they think AR is ludicrous .... & when Yanks back home in the good ol USA watch it there
they can't bare more then a few minutes before they flick it ova to something else

what did one yank tell me once ........it looks like 36 monkies fighting ova the last bannana
I told him more then half of Australia think this aswell
:lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

NSWAFL
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Hills Eagles

Post by NSWAFL »

I'm calling BS on that, Dave. You don't have any American friends.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

NSWAFL wrote:
I'm calling BS on that, Dave. You don't have any American friends.
Oh I have plenty

not one has a good word to say about flogball
they love RL though

fast n skillful .. & brutal too
whats not to love eh ?
:wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million