Channel Nine, Eddie and Crew

Australian Football news and discussion.
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Channel Nine, Eddie and Crew

Post by crocodileman »

Watching the game last night I realised just how bad the coverage on Channel Nine really is. You have commentators who just simply don't remember that it is not only Victorian viewers watching the game. they don't commentae on the footy at times and get caught up in side issues or rubbish.

Every second comment was pro Saints. In the first quarter they commented that the Lions were lucky with umpiring decisions (i.e. that they didn't have more frees awarded against them!) and at this stage the frees were favouring St Kilda 7-0.

Eddie provided his usual diatribe about Channel 9 being the best channel to watch footy and it was sickening. Dermott, Dennis and Eddie were in their own little wanker fest, speaking crap and sprouting egocentric views all night about how tough Dermott is and how he would have loved to play in that game.

Eddie ended the night by white-anting Channel 7 & 10's consortium bid and saying that Andrew Demetriou is now considering awarding a licence for 1 year at a time and not for 5 years as originally mooted. It's an interesting side issue, but in my opinion, Channel 9 is not up to Channel 10's coverage, even when it comes to statistics being given about players and teams.

Piss off Eddie!!!
MG

Post by MG »

not a big fan of dermott brereton. seems to me he has mirrors and makeup artists working on him constantly throughout the ad breaks.

he looks like he's had a facelift to me. :roll:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Channel Nine, Eddie and Crew

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
Eddie ended the night by white-anting Channel 7 & 10's consortium bid and saying that Andrew Demetriou is now considering awarding a licence for 1 year at a time and not for 5 years as originally mooted. It's an interesting side issue, but in my opinion, Channel 9 is not up to Channel 10's coverage, even when it comes to statistics being given about players and teams.

Piss off Eddie!!!
Last nights game was live all round Australia except Sydney. Sydneysiders had to put up with that shit on the NRL Footy Show. :evil:

Fuck Channel 9. Give the footy to a network that will show the fucking game.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Wasn't live in northern territory beaussie? Wolf...Wolf...Wolf :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Wasn't live in northern territory beaussie? Wolf...Wolf...Wolf :lol:
What time was it broadcast in NT then? No doubt earlier than what it was in Sydney. :evil:
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

8.30pm in the Territory - still a peak time but not live!