Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Beaussie wrote:
Just telling it like it is pussycat. You can't handle the truth. Nevermind, it's a common trait with throwball fans and the facts/reality of sports tv rights. You'll forever be living in our shadows. :wink:
who can't handle the truth? :wink:

1 NRL Origin 3 (3,736,000)
2 NRL Origin 1 (3,478,000)

3 AFL Grand Final (3,418,000) By the way that says 3 not 1 :lol: :lol: :lol:

4 NRL Origin 2 (3,381,000)
5 NRL Grand Final (3,255,000)
6 NRL Storm V Warriors (1,807,000)
7 NRL Manly V Broncos (1,668,000)
8 NRL Dragons V Wests Tigers (1,607,000)
9 AFL Colling V Hawthorn (1,571,000)
10 NRL Broncos V Dragons (1,548,000)
11 NRL Tigers V Warriors (1,382,000)
12 NRL Rnd 24 Storm V Dragons (1,379,000)
13 NRL Broncos V Warriors (1,368,000)
14 NRL Rnd 25 Manly V Storm (1,354,000)
15 Rugby World Cup Aust V Ire (1,350,000) ** 430K pay tv added
16 AFL Hawth V Geelong (1,317,000)
17 AFL Hawth V Sydney (1,310,000)
18 AFL Geelong V West C (1,269,000)
19 NRL Melb V Newc (1,236,000)
20 AFL Carlt V West C (1,217,000)
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:
LOL
what pro AFL merkin garbage is this

the AFL GF was down on 2010.... not up
the NRL GF was up on 2010.... not down

heres a more " balanced " article with factual figures
not made up AFL garbage

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1l5en.html

League's decider trounces AFL's in tussle for the TV remote Brad Walter
October 4, 2011

Despite the Warriors' opponents, Manly, being universally unpopular with fans of other Australian clubs, the grand final was watched by the same number of capital city viewers as last year's St George Illawarra-Sydney Roosters decider (2.161 million) and was only slightly down, from 1.151 million to 1.15 million, in regional areas.
Brad Walter.... hahahaha, what a joke. Firstly Brad, your figures don't even match those from your own paper last year. #-o

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv- ... 163ip.html

What is it with throwball fans and journos always having to lie to make out they are bigger than the AFL. Failing that they restort to adding up figures from other countries to gain some kind of advantage. It screams of desperation. Just learn to deal with the fact you'll always been No.2 in this country FFS.

Again...
AFL beats NRL in grand final TV ratings

A hands-down ratings win to the AFL over the NRL at the weekend, thanks to a bigger metro audience, especially in the AFL heartland of Melbourne. While the AFL grand final’s national audience for the Collingwood-Geelong match was slightly better than last year, the NRL grand final’s average was the lowest for 11 years as Manly held off the New Zealand Warriors.

http://www.crikey.com.au/2011/10/03/med ... abc-chair/
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
LOL
what pro AFL merkin garbage is this

the AFL GF was down on 2010.... not up
the NRL GF was up on 2010.... not down

heres a more " balanced " article with factual figures
not made up AFL garbage

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1l5en.html

League's decider trounces AFL's in tussle for the TV remote Brad Walter
October 4, 2011

Despite the Warriors' opponents, Manly, being universally unpopular with fans of other Australian clubs, the grand final was watched by the same number of capital city viewers as last year's St George Illawarra-Sydney Roosters decider (2.161 million) and was only slightly down, from 1.151 million to 1.15 million, in regional areas.
Brad Walter.... hahahaha, what a joke. Firstly Brad, your figures don't even match those from your own paper last year. #-o

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv- ... 163ip.html

What is it with throwball fans and journos always having to lie to make out they are bigger than the AFL. Failing that they restort to adding up figures from other countries to gain some kind of advantage. It screams of desperation. Just learn to deal with the fact you'll always been No.2 in this country FFS.

Again...
AFL beats NRL in grand final TV ratings

A hands-down ratings win to the AFL over the NRL at the weekend, thanks to a bigger metro audience, especially in the AFL heartland of Melbourne. While the AFL grand final’s national audience for the Collingwood-Geelong match was slightly better than last year, the NRL grand final’s average was the lowest for 11 years as Manly held off the New Zealand Warriors.

http://www.crikey.com.au/2011/10/03/med ... abc-chair/
the only lies being told are by the AFL & its lackies in the media
they have been pounded in 2011 by the NRL , seriously haven't won anything over the NRL ratings wise so again .. they do what they usually do & have done for years

they make stuff up

the 2011 NRL Grand Final drew more veiwers then the 2010 GF
3.3 Million ... up from 3.2 Million in 2010

the 2011 AFL Grand Final drew less veiwers then the 2010 GF
3.4 Million .. down from 3.7 Million ( this figure probably lies too)

these are the facts
deal with them :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

The following article goes to show just how ridiculous and desperate NRL fans and journos are as they struggle to get anywhere close to the AFL in this country.
It’s just not right to include New Zealand

Alright, I am not a fan of the code wars. In fact, I openly detest the wars that happen on the blogosphere. However, I cannot stand by while I read putrid rubbish coming out of Sydney’s NRL heartland.

When discussing the Grand Final TV ratings, the Sydney Morning Herald and Daily Telegraph proudly proclaimed that the AFL Grand Final was out-rated by the NRL Grand Final in terms of television viewers.

Yet, when I read the ratings from TV Tonight on Monday, I saw that the AFL got 2.5 million metropolitan viewers, whereas the NRL on Nine got 2.1 million viewers. I suck at Maths but, I know that 2.5 million beats 2.1 million.

So where how did the newspapers conclude the NRL was more watched?

Surely, they have competent maths skills at Fairfax and News Ltd. Well, as it turns out, both included New Zealand viewership figures in their stories.

New Zealand? That tiny little country across the ditch, that is not involved in our code wars because they have differing sporting tastes?

Yes sir, the Sydney media used another country’s figures to try and show that NRL is a better TV product.

I know there is a great competition for viewers, sponsors and fans but to include another country’s viewership is blatant scraping the barrel to prove a point.

You say that New Zealand is involved in our competition?

Okay, fair enough, the New Zealand Warriors are an integral member of the best rugby league competition in the world, but if we use that logic, it can also prove other sports are more popular than both the NRL and AFL.

Using the Sydney media’s test, soccer is a more popular sport than League because a Socceroos match against Saudi Arabia will draw a bigger TV audience.

Only 300,000 Aussies will watch it, but in football-mad Saudi Arabia (population of 27 million) two to four million will tune in, giving it an audience of around three million people.

Cricket is even more popular than soccer and the NRL combined. A Test match may draw a viewership on Channel Nine of 600,000, but in the fanatical India (population 1.2 billion), up to 15 million people will tune in on their pay TV channels. Possibly more.

If this was printed, the four men of the horsemen of league (Masters, Rothfield, Gould and Ritchie) would go off their nut.

But I’m applying their theory that an Australian sport is more popular because international viewers are tuning in.

But admit it, the NRL was beaten this time round and everyone should accept it and move on.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/10/06/it ... zealand-2/
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
The following article goes to show just how ridiculous and desperate NRL fans and journos are as they struggle to get anywhere close to the AFL in this country.
It’s just not right to include New Zealand

Alright, I am not a fan of the code wars. In fact, I openly detest the wars that happen on the blogosphere. However, I cannot stand by while I read putrid rubbish coming out of Sydney’s NRL heartland.

When discussing the Grand Final TV ratings, the Sydney Morning Herald and Daily Telegraph proudly proclaimed that the AFL Grand Final was out-rated by the NRL Grand Final in terms of television viewers.

Yet, when I read the ratings from TV Tonight on Monday, I saw that the AFL got 2.5 million metropolitan viewers, whereas the NRL on Nine got 2.1 million viewers. I suck at Maths but, I know that 2.5 million beats 2.1 million.

So where how did the newspapers conclude the NRL was more watched?

Surely, they have competent maths skills at Fairfax and News Ltd. Well, as it turns out, both included New Zealand viewership figures in their stories.

New Zealand? That tiny little country across the ditch, that is not involved in our code wars because they have differing sporting tastes?

Yes sir, the Sydney media used another country’s figures to try and show that NRL is a better TV product.

I know there is a great competition for viewers, sponsors and fans but to include another country’s viewership is blatant scraping the barrel to prove a point.

You say that New Zealand is involved in our competition?

Okay, fair enough, the New Zealand Warriors are an integral member of the best rugby league competition in the world, but if we use that logic, it can also prove other sports are more popular than both the NRL and AFL.

Using the Sydney media’s test, soccer is a more popular sport than League because a Socceroos match against Saudi Arabia will draw a bigger TV audience.

Only 300,000 Aussies will watch it, but in football-mad Saudi Arabia (population of 27 million) two to four million will tune in, giving it an audience of around three million people.

Cricket is even more popular than soccer and the NRL combined. A Test match may draw a viewership on Channel Nine of 600,000, but in the fanatical India (population 1.2 billion), up to 15 million people will tune in on their pay TV channels. Possibly more.

If this was printed, the four men of the horsemen of league (Masters, Rothfield, Gould and Ritchie) would go off their nut.

But I’m applying their theory that an Australian sport is more popular because international viewers are tuning in.

But admit it, the NRL was beaten this time round and everyone should accept it and move on.

this is friggin hilarious
:_<> :(/
AFL fans
awwwwwwwww..... not fair :cry:

you can't include State of Origin
you can't include internationals
you can't include New Zealand
you can't include anything that puts you ahead of us [-(

:_<> :(/ :_<> :(/ :_<> :(/

whopped good ..... n they don't like it :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Hilarious is how ******** you throwball fans look including other countries cause you can't beat us in Australia. Desperate and pathetic sums up our throwball friends and the NRL.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Hilarious is how ******** you throwball fans look including other countries cause you can't beat us in Australia. Desperate and pathetic sums up our throwball friends and the NRL.
by all means

add the AFL Grand Final ratings from NZ & PNG to the Australian tally if you think this is unfair that we've done this.

ours is around the 6 million mark

so go ahead .......... add yours

8-[

:-k

:>::

Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Like I've said, your logic is ********. We own you on every measurement there is whether that be crowds, tv deals/ratings, sponsorship, membership etc etc etc. Know your place in this country will ya. #-o
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Like I've said, your logic is ********. We own you on every measurement there is whether that be crowds, tv deals/ratings, sponsorship, membership etc etc etc. Know your place in this country will ya. #-o
so .... no GF ratings from NZ & PNG then ? 8-[

none at all ? :-k
zip :?>

:_<> :(/ :_<> :(/ :_<> :(/ :_<> :(/
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

The following point sums it up. :wink:

to include another country’s viewership is blatant scraping the barrel to prove a point.

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
The following point sums it up. :wink:

to include another country’s viewership is blatant scraping the barrel to prove a point.

I told you , we don't mind you adding the ratings from these same countries

whats the problem

oh.... wait 8-[

Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

We don't need to stoop to your desperate levels to prove a point. We own you in Australia. I would have thought you'd be used to it by now considering we've owned you lot since day dot.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Beaussie wrote:
We don't need to stoop to your desperate levels to prove a point. We own you in Australia. I would have thought you'd be used to it by now considering we've owned you lot since day dot.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what type of medication your on Beau but you need to increase the dosage :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 NRL Origin 3 (3,736,000)
2 NRL Origin 1 (3,478,000)
3 AFL Grand Final (3,418,000)
4 NRL Origin 2 (3,381,000)
5 NRL Grand Final (3,255,000)
6 NRL Storm V Warriors (1,807,000)
7 NRL Manly V Broncos (1,668,000)
8 NRL Dragons V Wests Tigers (1,607,000)
9 AFL Colling V Hawthorn (1,571,000)
10 NRL Broncos V Dragons (1,548,000)
11 NRL Tigers V Warriors (1,382,000)
12 NRL Rnd 24 Storm V Dragons (1,379,000)
13 NRL Broncos V Warriors (1,368,000)
14 NRL Rnd 25 Manly V Storm (1,354,000)
15 Rugby World Cup Aust V Ire (1,350,000) ** 430K pay tv added
16 AFL Hawth V Geelong (1,317,000)
17 AFL Hawth V Sydney (1,310,000)
18 AFL Geelong V West C (1,269,000)
19 NRL Melb V Newc (1,236,000)
20 AFL Carlt V West C (1,217,000)

The Test match played later this year will also be on that list. I suspect the Anzac Day Test should also be on that list aswell, With over 1 million metro viewers, but the numbetr of regional viewers is unknown.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
you don't

because you can't ................

the AFL days of owning everyone in this Country have been brought to an end ...........by the Greatest game of all

Rugby League :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

We don't because there is no need. Again for the dummies, we own you lot and have always owned you lot in Australia. Comprendhe