Round 1 Crowds

Australian Football news and discussion.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Round 1 Crowds

Post by Fred »

Not too bad
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I’m amongst crows supporters lol rain would of kept a few away but it’s only light
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
Beaussie (Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:33 pm)
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Was light - coming down now
Veni, vidi, vici
azif
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Albury Thunder
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Post by azif »

looked empty as on TV , as you said fred
no rain at the start

so that can't be used as an excuse , no victorian team ... no fans
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

There was rain on and off all day. As there is no parking at the ground, if you drive you have to walk. Thought twice myself for this reason.

11000 was about right. When it rained, where I had plenty of room in standing room, everyone came up and packed it out. But definetely not empty - dare o say typical crowd for suns 11 to 13 thousand. Not great but okay.
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Fred wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:28 am
11000 was about right. When it rained, where I had plenty of room in standing room, everyone came up and packed it out. But definetely not empty - dare o say typical crowd for suns 11 to 13 thousand. Not great but okay.
When do you think the bandwagon effect will happen up there with this young winning team? Round 10 vs the Cats or maybe Round 12 vs the Bombers? Looking at the Suns fixture at home, there are some pretty low drawing opposition clubs before the Cats I would have thought.

Hopefully the Suns will finally play finals this season and fill the stands.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Beaussie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:18 pm
Fred wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:28 am
When do you think the bandwagon effect will happen up there with this young winning team? Round 10 vs the Cats or maybe Round 12 vs the Bombers? Looking at the Suns fixture at home, there are some pretty low drawing opposition clubs before the Cats I would have thought.

Hopefully the Suns will finally play finals this season and fill the stands.

Definetely too many false dawns so hard to say. They are playing well for the main but still rusty to my eye so expect your better teams will, let’s call it, good learning experiences. Problem has traditionally been consistency - last two games they went missing quarters - last year they’d beat a good side then lose to a crao side. With Waters coming in I think this will be a big moment as he leads and is strong and works hard defensively - everything along Fowler do. They’ll leave King in and put Casbault out I feel. The backline is 1st class and centre line is one of the best also - forward line is where it is lacking and hopefully Waters will address this.

Re: crowds - not at home for 3 weeks - and against probably the best side in the comp in GWS - who I think will towell the Suns up - so hard to say. If both are undefeated could be a good crowd for that. I think anything 16000 and over is good - over 18000 great, above that would be excellent. Geelong usually get a few up there - and afl good at scheduling big vic clubs in school holidays. Got my tickets to the Pies game already - went corporate for the chairman’s club.
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Team: Carlton