Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by Fred »

azif wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:44 pm
Fred wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:20 pm
azif wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:13 pm

one hyped up ... heavily padded crowd with Victorian visitors will not save the suns from being beaten ... again .. by the Titans in all metrics in 2024
I think there were plenty of Souths supporters at the Titans too - judging by the cheering when South's scored and shots of the crowd (Youtube has it up to watch if you want to have a look).

Both clubs generally have a lot of opposition supporters - I was quite impressed with the atmosphere and crowd at the Suns' game on the weekend - felt more like I was at a game in Victoria where equal amounts of support for both teams- hasn't happened often for the Suns and certainly not against a club like Richmond.

If the suns keep winning I'd take the bet on the Suns getting bigger numbers than the Titans. Usually is pretty close and last time I bet a poster on here I won with the Suns getting the bigger crowd at their respective home grounds on the Gold Coast.
what were souths supporters doing at the Titans game ? :hmm:
:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/
there was a healthy contingent of Dragons supporters :(/

but nothing like the turnout of insterstate visitors for the suns.
The Titans defs have more support on the GC
Oh - lol - yes, got the team wrong - they are a little like the old south melbourne numbers.

Living on the coast, it is well reported and titans report it as an issue (same as Suns) of often having more opposition supporters. I can tell you first hand there were plenty of Suns supporters at the game. Richmond supporters pretty quite too I guess.

Do the Titans have more support on the GC than the Suns? I'm not too sure about that. Does the NRL have more support than the AFL - definitely. Titans have been on the nose for a few years - but getting over that - they ripped a lot of locals off and lots of trade people lost lots of money. But they are steadying that ship for sure. I personally think whoever is winning (lets hope they both can be winning) gets the crowds.
Veni, vidi, vici