AFL Opening Round in NSW and QLD

Australian Football news and discussion.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: AFL Opening Round in NSW and QLD

Post by Quolls2019 »

azif wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:52 am
Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:38 pm
azif wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:30 pm

you're a bit of a twerp aren't you ?
i said the NRL hit records for,,, itself
its never losing the ratings to anyone , its easily the most watched sport in Australia
but , i was claiming its ratings for 2023 were a record for them .. & of course for any sport in Australia fullstop
so were their crowds for 2023 .. they finally got to their 20K average & then some
&
since when has the NRL .. the governing body .. had pokies :hmm: you utter moron :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl:
the NRL raked in its highest amount of revenue .. ever

learn to read :lol:
You said all metrics, learn to say what you mean and mean what you say.
I said what I meant , how didn't I exactly ?
meanwhile you said the NRL had pokies 8-[ .. :-k .. :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/
Ok the NRL clubs own the pokies, I should have been clearer, although they are part of the NRL and without the clubs and their pokies there would be no NRL, they are not the NRL.
And you did not say what you said you meant by saying “all matrix” and then saying you meant only the tv/viewing rating matrix.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
azif
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Albury Thunder
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Post by azif »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:36 am
azif wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:52 am
Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:38 pm

You said all metrics, learn to say what you mean and mean what you say.
I said what I meant , how didn't I exactly ?
meanwhile you said the NRL had pokies 8-[ .. :-k .. :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/
Ok the NRL clubs own the pokies, I should have been clearer, although they are part of the NRL and without the clubs and their pokies there would be no NRL, they are not the NRL.
And you did not say what you said you meant by saying “all matrix” and then saying you meant only the tv/viewing rating matrix.
well said metrics for starters ... not matrix 8-[
& what are you talking about , where did i say I just meant TV ratings

I clearly said
crowds
ratings &
revenues etc :-k

& what other metrics of note would there be anyway .... thats all of em :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Well for the Suns I was quite surprised with the crowd. Plenty of tiger supporters there but also plenty of suns - all depended where you were - I was in my usual spot on the wing in standing room - three to four rows deep which I wasn’t happy about. Lots of Richmond supporters but that’s where you’d get a ticket if you were purchasing one as members of suns are in other areas. Had a guy I got chatting to and he sms his misses came over fro the other side as surrounded by Suns supporters. So co pared to last year a much more even split - and it did appear many people without any colours on which may suggest people who are not suns supporters coming in to have a look.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

And the GWS crowd - I thought that would mostly be Piez supporters but there was a clear large Giants contingent present.
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
Beaussie (Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:36 pm)
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Fred wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:33 pm
And the GWS crowd - I thought that would mostly be Piez supporters but there was a clear large Giants contingent present.
Yeah I went to the game with some mates. We could only get standing room tickets during the week. Was a good night with many loud and happy Giants fans chanting throughout the night. The Giants gave their members orange vests which really stood out amongst the Pies fans. Great initiative and it looked like a sea of westie tradies around the stadium lol

Crowd - 21,235

The atmosphere was great and noted by the commentary during the broadcast along with the news in Sydney. Hopefully these Giants fans will continue to fill the stadium this season. I think they’re going to have a good season on and off field.

azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

Beaussie wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:35 pm
Yeah I went to the game with some mates. We could only get standing room tickets during the week. Was a good night with many loud and happy Giants fans chanting throughout the night. The Giants gave their members orange vests which really stood out amongst the Pies fans. Great initiative and it looked like a sea of westie tradies around the stadium lol

Crowd - 21,235

The atmosphere was great and noted by the commentary during the broadcast along with the news in Sydney. Hopefully these Giants fans will continue to fill the stadium this season. I think they’re going to have a good season on and off field.

the pathetic sacks of shit handed out free orange hi vis bibs to anyone in neutral colours, not their members .. thousands handed out ... attempting to make it look like there were more of their fans there then there were 8-[

:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/
pathetic doesn't begin to cover it :(/ :(/ :(/
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Seems clear that the Giants and Suns successes get leaguies triggered. Going to be a lot of bitterness spewed I suspect this season. lol
azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

Beaussie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:37 am
Seems clear that the Giants and Suns successes get leaguies triggered. Going to be a lot of bitterness spewed I suspect this season. lol
we're triggered to laugh uncontrollably about it yea :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I suspect, having had a decent win, there will be a decent crowd at the Suns next week - playing StKilda - not a big travelling team and not a huge supporter base like Richmond.
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
Beaussie (Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:37 pm)
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Good news =D

azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

Beaussie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:36 pm
Good news =D

it is good news eh

the NRL can now continue to humiliate the afl , playing to full houses in the USA while the fumbles & bumbles can dodge cow shit at homebush

moooooooooooooooooooooooo

moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

i had a mate attend who loves Collingwood
He recans 70% Collingwood
GWS 30%
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:08 pm
I suspect, having had a decent win, there will be a decent crowd at the Suns next week - playing StKilda - not a big travelling team and not a huge supporter base like Richmond.
playing the Crows buddy
ill be there..

My Cricket Club got handed free tickets for this game
there's about 30 of us going.
azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:24 pm
playing the Crows buddy
ill be there..

30 for your lot , & another 3000 freebies on top :cool:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:24 pm
playing the Crows buddy
ill be there..

Yeah - for some reason I had the saints in my head. Only realised the other day it was crows. Usually not a great crowd.

Also, I think it can be where you sit, who is winning etc. that can influence (mine at least) opinion as to crowd make up. Was standing next to a young guy and his girl on Saturday who had come up from Melbourne to support the tigers - he moved from his seat on the other side as was surrounded by Suns fans - and after that first half - couldn’t blame him (that’s the members area he was in I think).
Veni, vidi, vici