Grand Final Entertainment

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Grand Final Entertainment

Post by Fred »

I used to think the NRL did the pre gsme, half time entertainment so well but seems in recent years the AFL have lifted their game. Maybe the Meatloaf debacle led to this ? Robbie Williams last year was unbelievable and this year the afl have Kiss. I’m expecting they’ll perform to their usual best and bring the house down (fingers crossed). The NRL havse a Tina Turner tribute band I believe (?). I understand the NRL may not have the same budget as the AFL given the AFL being a much larger organisation but still. What they do have though is the night time for half time which I think adds a little. Was a GABBA GF and it was awesome although didn’t apparently translate to the atV audience.

How many are going to tune in just to see Kiss lol. I know I would if they were playing the NRL grand final.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Re: Grand Final Entertainment

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:28 am
I used to think the NRL did the pre gsme, half time entertainment so well but seems in recent years the AFL have lifted their game. Maybe the Meatloaf debacle led to this ? Robbie Williams last year was unbelievable and this year the afl have Kiss. I’m expecting they’ll perform to their usual best and bring the house down (fingers crossed). The NRL havse a Tina Turner tribute band I believe (?). I understand the NRL may not have the same budget as the AFL given the AFL being a much larger organisation but still. What they do have though is the night time for half time which I think adds a little. Was a GABBA GF and it was awesome although didn’t apparently translate to the atV audience.

How many are going to tune in just to see Kiss lol. I know I would if they were playing the NRL grand final.
Fweddy, the members of KISS are in their 70's. They were formed in 1973 pal. KISS' core fan base now get around in zimmer frames lolololololol!!!!!! No one under 50 has a clue about 'em ya poor dill. They'll be a mob of geriatrics. A legacy band. A forgotten past to have a good belly laugh about lolololololol!!!!!!!

Maybe get off the sauce Fwed. And have a great day!!!!!
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Bbear »

Terry wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:17 pm

Fweddy, the members of KISS are in their 70's. They were formed in 1973 pal. KISS' core fan base now get around in zimmer frames lolololololol!!!!!! No one under 50 has a clue about 'em ya poor dill. They'll be a mob of geriatrics. A legacy band. A forgotten past to have a good belly laugh about lolololololol!!!!!!!

Kiss for over 50 yesrs can still draw massive crowds to their concerts and rock the roof off.
I'll let you go to bed Terry and listen to your Adele records, he ha.
( who won't even be relevant in 5 years ).

Meatloaf at his peak was a massive rock talent with one of the biggest selling albums ever
He was way past his glory days when he performed at the Grand Final.

Robby Williams is not in the same class as Meatloaf, nowhere near it, but puts on a good performance. At the Grand Final he won over those young enough to care but pity about his songs.
I think Kiss will appeal to a wider audience as they have won over many new young fans who listen to their parents records and have attended their fantastic spectacular concert stage shows.
Will put on a great GF

Not sure that a Tina Turner cover band will quite cut it as a GF act.
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Go Lions.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Bbear wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:05 pm
Terry wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:17 pm

Kiss for over 50 yesrs can still draw massive crowds to their concerts and rock the roof off.
I'll let you go to bed Terry and listen to your Adele records, he ha.
( who won't even be relevant in 5 years ).

Meatloaf at his peak was a massive rock talent with one of the biggest selling albums ever
He was way past his glory days when he performed at the Grand Final.

Robby Williams is not in the same class as Meatloaf, nowhere near it, but puts on a good performance. At the Grand Final he won over those young enough to care but pity about his songs.
I think Kiss will appeal to a wider audience as they have won over many new young fans who listen to their parents records and have attended their fantastic spectacular concert stage shows.
Will put on a great GF

Not sure that a Tina Turner cover band will quite cut it as a GF act.

Robbie was amazing - and I’d say way bigger than meatloaf. I read your quote of Terry - and amazed he thinks kids aren’t big amongst the younger crowd. Kiss are one of the few icon bands around - truely immortals. I do note they did have crowded house but that fell through - kids though is next level icon status.

Anyway - here’s hoping they put on a great show - they’re still touring and they do put on an awesome show. Finders crossed.
Veni, vidi, vici
Skippy Steve
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Sydney Swans
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Skippy Steve »

Some older bands have still got it. Look at the Rolling Stones. They are still filling stadiums around the world. So it will be a watch this space with Kiss for the Grand Final. Oh, and they can still fill stadiums as well.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

This thread is peak Australian Fumbling League bubble dwelling supporters lunacy lolololololol!!!! Gilty gets a mob of 70 year old hasbeens to perform at the fumbling GF and they go bubble crazy!!!!

I mean its 70 year old men in make-up and platform shoes for FS lololololol. They haven't had a hit for decades. No one under 50 has a clue about 'em. Yet the fumble fans go crazy!!! It's nuts.

If gilty told his cult mob to jump off a cliff...........whooooooshka!!!!! Away they'd go.......straight over the top........all chanting kumbaya lololololol!!!

This mob is cooked!!! Peak fumbleball bubble dwelling fools.
Skippy Steve
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Skippy Steve »

You don't know what you are talking about, lol. Wait until after both Grand Finals are over with before you comment and compare the entertainment, lol. So now in your weirdo world, AFL fans are all over 70 years old or something? lol
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Pretty sure I have watched every AFL grand final since the start of live telecasts.
Cant say I have watched (or remember watching) any of the pre, halftime or post match entertainment.
I just watch the football.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Skippy Steve wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:08 am
You don't know what you are talking about, lol. Wait until after both Grand Finals are over with before you comment and compare the entertainment, lol. So now in your weirdo world, AFL fans are all over 70 years old or something? lol
What are you on about here skip? Who are you talking to?? And what exactly are you asserting??? Have you been on the booze again pal??

Fix up your grammar and twisted syntax skip 'ol son!!!!! And have a great day pal!!!!!!!
Skippy Steve
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Skippy Steve »

What are you talking about? lol The Thugby can not afford to pay for entertainment and get someone good, so they just settle with a Tina Turner cover band lol.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Skippy Steve wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:06 pm
What are you talking about? lol The Thugby can not afford to pay for entertainment and get someone good, so they just settle with a Tina Turner cover band lol.
The poor 'ol fumblers have resorted to child like name calling and insults about pre game entertainment lolololol!!!!!! What a mob of total Bankers lololololol!!!!

Come back when you've something intelligent to say skip. I suspect it'll be a while. Now hop off back to the bush pal. And be careful of mack trucks. They've done enough damage to ya already lololololol!!!!!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Fred (Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:15 am)
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Well, that was disappointing.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

That was awesome. What a show. Still would be better at night though but the game is better during the day so…..
Veni, vidi, vici
GlobalRugbyLeague
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Manly
Been liked: 3 times

Post by GlobalRugbyLeague »

If Kiss & Robby Williams are what you call AFL lifting it's game with entertainment. Then you have no idea "Fred". Both are has been acts from 20 plus year ago and would be a lot cheaper now than in their prime.

Tina Turner was part of the most successful sporting advertisement in Australian sports history. So why wouldn't we show some respect towards her contribution?
I don't even think you are from QLD, like you claim, otherwise you would actually know her involvement in the NRL. Just pretending and actually from Victoria.