AFL denies appointing new boss from the 'boys club' as they appoint new boss from 'the boys' club! Lololol!!

Australian Football news and discussion.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

AFL denies appointing new boss from the 'boys club' as they appoint new boss from 'the boys' club! Lololol!!

Post by Terry »

In wholly predictable behaviour Fumble House have had to deny their appointment of new boss Andrew Dillton was a case of 'jobs for the boys' at good 'ol Fumble House.

The AFL 'brains trust' have been scouring the world looking for the best possible candidate to fill the massive shoes of good 'ol boyo Gilty Macca!!!! He being the man to successfully implement that world wide phenomenon AFLX!!! The game with silver balls, zooper goals and Hong Kong!!!! What a bewdy!!!!!

Gilty's successor was to be found by a US-based recruitment firm leaving no stone un-turned to get the very best in the whole wide world. And in an incredible coincidence they found him in the very next office down the corridor of the aforementioned Gilty Macca. What luck!!!! They scoured the world and found him a zooper dooper light stroll down the hallway. Hiding in plain sight lolololol!!!!

Yep Dillton has been with the AFL since 2000. He was there when the good 'ol boys at Fumble House were chasing the junior female staff around the joint for.................ummmm............private tuition on the finer points of the ...........ummm............game!!!!! He has most recently been Gilty's 2nd in charge.

Of course none of this in any way resembles 'jobs for the boys'!! Any suggestions of such is clearly muck raking idiocy and I will stay away from such cheap, tawdry lies.

I will though congratulate the AFL on a marvelous appointment!!!!!!! They have gone from a Gill to a Dill!!!!! Well done. Well done indeed!!

‘Not a boys’ club’: Dillon takes on biggest job in Australian sport
Michael Gleeson, Peter Ryan, Jake Niall and Jon Pierik

AFL chief executive-elect Andrew Dillon says he will work to ensure football is a game for everyone and denied he had risen from within a ‘‘boys’ club’’ at league headquarters.

Dillon’s appointment as successor to Gillon McLachlan was confirmed yesterday morning, after a phone hook-up with club CEOs.

Dillon, 52, will take over at the end of the men’s AFL season, with an official start date of October 2, allowing McLachlan to deal with ongoing issues including the entry of Tasmania into the competition, a new pay deal with male and female players and the AFL’s inquiry into alleged racism at Hawthorn.

Dillon has been McLachlan’s second in charge at the AFL and was seen as the leading candidate to replace him. He beat a field of candidates, including Richmond CEO Brendon Gale, Western Bulldogs president Kylie Watson-Wheeler and fellow AFL executives Travis Auld and Kylie Rogers to the job of leading the country’s biggest sporting organisation.

That Watson-Wheeler and Gale, the two external candidates, were overlooked prompted questions on Monday as to whether the AFL was a ‘‘boys’ club’’, a suggestion Dillon strongly denied.

‘‘You only have to look at the calibre of our executive team and the calibre of my football, integrity and legal team to say that there is no boys’ club here,’’ he said.

AFL chairman Richard Goyder had been keen for McLachlan to stay for an extended period. Goyder said he had been in discussions with McLachlan and Dillon to arrange the transition process.

Goyder said the AFL commission had assessed a field of ‘‘high-quality candidates’’, but Dillon had been ‘‘stand-out choice’’.

‘‘He brings a wealth of experience across the elite and community football fields. He has been involved in major broadcast deals, corporate partnership deals and developing the AFL’s response to some key social issues. He is a highly respected leader,’’ Goyder said.

‘‘The leadership question is the most important decision the commission makes, and it is vital that we get it right. We are confident in Andrew we have got the right person at the right time to take us forward and guide us into what we think is an exciting era ahead.’’

Dillon spoke of his love of elite and community football.

‘‘It’s a really humbling moment for me to be appointed the next CEO of the AFL. It’s imperative that we continue to strengthen every part of our game, from the 18 AFL clubs who have now got 18 AFL and AFLW teams, right through to community football, which is just so important to so many people,’’ he said.

Dillon, a lawyer, joined the league as legal counsel in 2000 and was in charge of game development before being appointed to the highpowered role of executive general manager football operations, legal and integrity, in addition to his duties as general counsel.

McLachlan said in April 2022 that he would finish up as CEO, but stayed on to manage several big issues including the completion of the league’s $4.5 billion broadcast deal with Seven and Foxtel.

McLachlan was in the top job for nine years, and his achievements include the growth of TV rights, the fast-tracking of the AFLW competition and expansion to 18 teams and steering the game through the COVID-19 pandemic.

In March 2020, he described the league shutdown and standing down of up to 80 per cent of the industry’s workforce as ‘‘the biggest financial crisis in our history’’.

McLachlan is expected to be in Tasmania today to announce that the state has been granted the 19th team
"
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: AFL denies appointing new boss from the 'boys club' as they appoint new boss from 'the boys' club! Lololol!!

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Alleged racism
He is head of integrity
🤣🤣🤦‍♂️🤣🤦‍♂️🤣🤣
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: AFL denies appointing new boss from the 'boys club' as they appoint new boss from 'the boys' club! Lololol!!

Post by Quolls2019 »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:08 pm
Lol
Alleged racism
He is head of integrity
🤣🤣🤦‍♂️🤣🤦‍♂️🤣🤣
You are full of crap.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Quolls2019 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:23 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:08 pm
Lol
Alleged racism
He is head of integrity
🤣🤣🤦‍♂️🤣🤦‍♂️🤣🤣
You are full of crap.
Wow what a reply .It clearly states both throes in the article .

Read the article. Alleged Hawthorn racism 🤣🤣🤣
I’ll go by the fumble track record & it ain’t good
And he is in charge of integrity 🤣🤣🤣
Not a word that would get used around AFL by those not on the cult
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

a filthy racist

replaced by another ...
just another day in aflol land [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-(
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Team: Carlton
Been liked: 98 times

Post by WookieReturns »

Been the head of AFL legal since Mclachlan was promoted to CEO.
Was the most obvious successor to him by miles.

No harm in looking around to see what else is out there, but they may not have been able to do better. Were never going to hire outside the code thats for sure - clubs wouldnt go for it, they were already agitating for someone who was more involved in football.